G--DK-ND(BBHN)XI

BranTheBuilder

Maybe. We'll see. You'll know if you receive a package at your door that reads "Freshly packed Moral Celery" that it's your turn. :D

Good thing you don't know where I live. :P

If you really need help, I think I could swing by our local used book shop and get a copy of a random SoT book cheap. :D

MM you get it too! That was the most wonderful piece of fan fiction I’ve ever read. With our new moral clarity you too can see that it is the intent, not the deed, that matters. And because the intent is as good as the deed as long as your intent is right, your deed is good.

I’m very excited about this next development. I was going to keep it a secret but like a gerbil of inquiry I must let it out!

At Worldcon I will make the announcement that I am starting the One Truth Church of Terry/Richard. We will intently study Goodkind and Rand’s books to ferret out all of the meanings and truths hidden in them. A discussion of the subtly of the plot and unique characters will be held on Sunday. I will also start a collection that will support the 90% of Europeans that want to move to the only Free County in the World.

P.S. I am starting to grow a yeard so you can identify me by that.

Now I know you're full of it. Richard/Terry would never allow a religion/church of Objectivism. Churches and Religions are nothing more than tools used to suppress the individuality of the people and make them slaves to the ideology of a particular elite. And as we all know, Terry/Richard want's us all to think for ourselves, not bow down to them. Wait a minute...

I must agree with everyone here about Mad Moose's parody. It was spot on.

The subject of this post is to wonder about the weather. I myself have extensive experience about winters, and a constant about them thus far has been the distinct lack of fog, let alone the kind that blocks vision in metres or so. In fact we never have that sort of fog around here because the geography is different from England.

Anyway:

- It's winter. There's (white) snow on the ground.

- It's foggy. Really, really foggy (and white).

- It's inland. They're probably hundreds of kilometers or so from the nearest sea, if Goodkind's lousy map without a scale (and with a lot of empty white) can be trusted.

Now, fog occurs when a cold mass of air flows over a warm ground or a warm mass of air flows over a cold ground. Obviously, we would need warm, humid air here, and lots of it. (This could also explain the absence of frostbites, as the air would be by necessity over the freezing point.) But since we are inland, it's highly questionable how such an air mass could have gotten there so warm and full of moisture and without rising up (as warm air tends to do due to its lower density) and forming a normal warm front (resulting in rain or snow instead of fog), particularly as it couldn't have travelled directly the short way from the southern sea, as the Coriolis effect would turn it to the east.

Obviously Goodkind doesn't care about things like climatology. It would be like asking how there can possibly be a Grade 5 hurricane in Greenland when someone is about to get raped in the middle of one.

Obviously Goodkind doesn't care about things like climatology. It would be like asking how there can possibly be a Grade 5 hurricane in Greenland when someone is about to get raped in the middle of one.

HA! Poor unenlightened fool! Why would TG (BBNC) care? He's writing about the characters and the nobility of the human spirit (and goats!). Climatological and biological accuracy, they don't matter, because the story isn't about them and are therefore unimportant.

The Wolf Maid has it right, applying logic and reason to the works of TG (BBNC) is an exorcise in futility. If Reason and logic were so improtant, you'd think there would be a wizards rule regarding it, wouldn't you. I'd hate to think that TG/Richard would say or do anything that wasn't perfectly moral, and I know that they certainly wouldn't advocate any activities that would cause harm to another human being without good cause. Try to look at the world with a bit more moral celery from now on will you? Bags!

I've read the last four of these wonderful threads. I do believe the tutoring I've received has increased my moral celery beyond all measure. If there were a church, then I'd have no choice but to bomb it because I have moral right on my side - and us Yeardlettes (those of us following the BBNC's teachings) will defend his teachings with as much celery (and possibly mayonnaise) as we can.

N

you may all laugh about TG's crap (and rightful so), but you have no idea of how far the Yeards influence has reached. Even Martin has been infected with the BBNC's virus :o ... Ever heard of the song of a chicken-that-is-not-a-chicken but a fox? I kid you not (just read the chapter where LF marries Lysa)...

( :sick: reading fantasy will never be the same ...)

BTW: these threads are a great read! keep it up.

About fog - it is certainly possible to have fog at low levels when there is snow on the ground, as I've seen it many a time in the Thames Valley which is a long way from the sea (by English standards anyway). It's probably caused by something other than cold air over warm ground. However, I'm thinking this was probably just a lucky guess on TG's part.

I think geographically Midlands would be far closer to Finland (my area of experience) than the notoriously foggy England, unless the scale is far smaller than we ever knew. (It would make Richard's terrorism campaign's timescale make more sense, however.) I tried to find Gedea (that's where they're fighting, IIRC?) on the map, but it wasn't there. Can anybody remember what is said of its location? I have the impression they weren't anywhere near the coast, but my recollection of SoT (of which I have read the first book) gets steadily worse the further the series goes, as I appear to have blocked an increasing amount of it from my mind to save my sanity.

Very "clever" of Goodkind to be so intentionally vague as not to even update the map after the first book. That way he can insert new kingdoms whenever he feels the need and it's much harder to catch him from factual errors. Philosophical errors, however...

This is just wrong! Why are we discussing about TG's (BBNC) 'world' geography and actually justifying it? Do you think he even cares?

It's about the characters! The goats! The nobility of the human spirit! The justice of objectivism!

Geography, weather, and such means NOTHING to him. That's only for fantasy writers. And he's not.

:P

Wolf Maid has become the very voice of reason on this thread. Listen to her and you shall receive moral celery. I personally think that moral celery tastes great with cream cheese.

If you smear moral celery with immoral peanut butter is the combined snack moral or immoral?

Why is peanut butter immoral? I can't remember this coming up. Is it some kind of communist substance?

Why is peanut butter immoral? I can't remember this coming up. Is it some kind of communist substance?

Each peanut in a jar of peanut butter loses its individuality. You cannot distinguish each peanut, just like you cannot tell each person apart in the Imperial Order's mindless centipede-army. They fight like a group, much the way that everything that one does with peanut butter (spreading, for example) only cares about it as a group of peanuts, not as if each individual peanut had its own "soul." Therefore, peanut butter, jam, etc. are all evil.

smearing moral celery with immoral peanut butter would create a contridiction. scince a contridiction cannot exist then the celery, the peanut butter, and several square miles surrounding groud zero of the unholy food concotion would be vaporised in a tremendous fireball.

Wait just one minute here! That would mean that ground beef should be bad as well, since it probably comes from different cows which have lost their identity by being mixed up and whatnot. And that would mean that a hamburger is evil! And that, gentlemen, I simply refuse to believe. Grilling in the backyard is what made this country great. It's the symbol of our freedom, and I'll be damned if I have someone tell me that hamburgers are evil and immoral.

Incidentally, I think that this theory in general breaks down, since it would also make any sort of dish which involves combinations of ingredients immoral. How can a cake be evil? What about frosting? What if it's American flag frosting?

Wait just one minute here! That would mean that ground beef should be bad as well, since it probably comes from different cows which have lost their identity by being mixed up and whatnot. And that would mean that a hamburger is evil! And that, gentlemen, I simply refuse to believe. Grilling in the backyard is what made this country great. It's the symbol of our freedom, and I'll be damned if I have someone tell me that hamburgers are evil and immoral.

Hamburger is okay because it is American. There for it did not losses it's identity but rather submitted it's self to a righteous cause. Much like the Kingdoms of the Midlands did not give up their freedom or independence but rather joined together and submitted it's self completely to the rule of Richard.

So eat hamburger in peace knowing that you support the torture and murder of millions of cows for all the right reasons. :)

Archived