Whale Rider actress rumored as being cast as Sand Snake

Farrellus

A New Zealand newspaper has reported that an actress named Keisha Castle-Hughes, best known for her role in the Whale Rider for which she was nominated for an Oscar, is believed to have been cast as one of the Sand Snakes. Keisha is half-Australian half-New Zealand Maori. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11292540

That's a weak statement to base a whole article on.

Well, it's an article of a rumour, and the evidence is pretty solid. She

1. favourited the show a lot of GoT cast members on Twitter

2. started tweeting about it

3. tweeted about travelling to Belfast.

This entire thing happened early June, so she might even be playing Arianne, which would explain why she was omitted from the cast list.

For Nymeria they were looking for a girl who was biracial, with Oberyn as the lighter-skinned parent. I know Ours is the Fury on wicnet said they were looking at Latino actors for Doran. Regardless, Castle-Hughes looks like she could be Pascal's daughter.

Good news. Though weren't we led to believe that they're looking at Latino actors for Dornish roles? Or did I miss something? Anyway, no complaints here, because I'd die to see Alexander Siddig as Doran.

That would be so perfect.

She'd be awesome! Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Obara. She's not voluptuous enough for Lady Nym or Arianne, and not blonde enough for Tyene.

She'd also be a good Sarella, if there are light-skinned Summer Islanders. But they didn't list Sarella in the casting calls so I'm not sure she's going to be in the show. They're probably combining her with another character.

Good news. Though weren't we led to believe that they're looking at Latino actors for Dornish roles? Or did I miss something? Anyway, no complaints here, because I'd die to see Alexander Siddig as Doran.

I'd love to see Alexander Siddiq, too, but I'm pretty sure Doran is supposed to be overweight, etc. Gout is a consequence of being out of condition and over-indulgent.

Archived