WorldCon 2014: Limited Edition T-Shirts for Loncon 3

Mr. X

Chal--I have a woman's 2xl from a previous year, and it measures 20 inches across the front. This matches the first chart, and the "ladies ring spun t-shirt" from the second chart, if that helps.

Everyone--I know this has already been said, but these shirts are sized quite small, so if you haven't ordered one of these shirts before, it's a really good idea to check the charts. Don't assume if you are generally a certain size that it will be the case here.

And thank you Raya for the gorgeous art, and the Xs for doing all the planning and wrangling!

Note that since Glorious Hero of the People's Design Brigade Raya Golden is a Hugo Nominee, it is incumbent on all those attending the award ceremony to be wearing this shirt.

Please reserve three (3) men's XLT (Extra large Tall) and two (2) woman's L (large) for me. I'll bring the $100 with me (or more if the tall is extra).

( :idea:and I shall reduce the number of shirts I'm packing for the eastbound portion of the journey accordingly )

Thanks again for your efforts!

For reference - I'm a UK size 12/14, but I always wear bigger shirts as I like them longer, and I have big boobs. I got the men's L before, which fits fine, but mine have shrunk a little in the wash, and so the sleeves aren't as long as I'd like, so I've gone for the XL this year.

Men's shirts just fit better than women's, imo anyway. They tend to be longer, with longer sleeves, and they hide my sins better :p

FWIW, I have a 39.5 inch chest. I wear an XL in the women's t-shirts.

Also FWIW, the men's shirts are also slim cut, so they do not fit on ladies like a tent -- it's definitely more figure-flattering than your average men's tees. I know a number of women (especially those with wider shoulders or large busts) who buy the men's shirts and love them.

If anyone has questions about fit for men's or women's, I'm also happy to answer questions.

Note that since Glorious Hero of the People's Design Brigade Raya Golden is a Hugo Nominee, it is incumbent on all those attending the award ceremony to be wearing this shirt.

It probably wouldn't hurt if they voted for the Hugos too. ;)

FWIW, I have a 39.5 inch chest. I wear an XL in the women's t-shirts.

Also FWIW, the men's shirts are also slim cut, so they do not fit on ladies like a tent -- it's definitely more figure-flattering than your average men's tees. I know a number of women (especially those with wider shoulders or large busts) who buy the men's shirts and love them.

If anyone has questions about fit for men's or women's, I'm also happy to answer questions.

Xray, do you mind saying at what point of the torso you took your 39.5 inch measurement?

Mr. X, could you change my order from a Ladies XL to a Ladies L. Thanks.

Done.

Just FYI I think there was at least one order lost when the board was set back 12 hours yesterday. I noticed an order from Mentat which is now gone. Not sure if there were any others deleted as well.

Hmmm, good point. Anyone who ordered or thinks they ordered should check the list in the first post and let me know if your name is missing. (or check to see if your post was eaten by the board and just repost your order)

Archived