R+L=J v. 88

Stubby

Thank you so much for that JW! :cheers:

Glad to have the feedback and if you're interested in more, stay tuned... Episode 2 will be available next week :cool4:

I really enjoyed it LadyG, your and Egg did your research. The segue from Yolk into the music had me laughing, the world of broadcast and all it's little joys. Nice job you two, I hear it's not easy.

So why do you think a tree was watching Nymeria? No wait wrong place.

This should be posted every time someone brings up KG duties, henceforth.

Although Jaime was more a hostage at that point like Elia which Rhaegar points out. A crutch for Aerys. And unless he pulled 24 hour shifts for two weeks it's kind of a thin guard. But it all comes down to who is obeying who, Darry seems to understand what Rhaegar wants to do, and so do Dayne and Whent, Martell is dealing with hostages, Barristan is Barristan, and it's interesting that Jon Con also mentions that even Rhaegar saw what his father was in the end. I wonder what point in time he is refereeing to? The last two or three years?

Rhaegar managed to occupy 6 of the KG for his own use and left his father, mother, brother, wife and 2 children with 1. And instills his purpose as a crutch for his father against Tywin before he leaves. And Jaime feels guilty. And for some odd reason is still listening to his father yet planning on deposing him? Still wonder why Gerold is at the ToJ. You really don't need him there, but as a way of keeping him away from Aerys it works out or Aerys could be playing it like Elia or at least trying too. Or he flips you never know.

One thing I don't understand is why Elia was made to stay with the two kids. Lywen is dead his army broken and the rebels are on the way to KL. How is holding on to Elia going to stop Ned, Dorne just lost it's military strength. Even on Dragonstone she would still be a hostage.

Just read on yahoo that Sean Bean recently did a pretty interesting interview with Vulture, in which he flat out admits Ned Stark is not Jon's real father:

"I'm obviously not Jon Snow's dad," said Bean, while discussing the possibility of returning to Game of Thrones to do flashbacks (Flashbacks have never been used in the show, though it appears they will be for season 5). "You need that to be revealed at some point, don't you? So Bran would kind of be the one having the flashback, and he would see Ned praying, right? And revealing those things?"

^That's taken out of context. Someone asked Bean about R+L=J, so his remark about not being the father was more like "in that case..."

I don't doubt R+L=J, but I don't think Bean would just outright reveal that. Alfie Allen, on the other hand...

Although Jaime was more a hostage at that point like Elia which Rhaegar points out. A crutch for Aerys. And unless he pulled 24 hour shifts for two weeks it's kind of a thin guard. But it all comes down to who is obeying who, Darry seems to understand what Rhaegar wants to do, and so do Dayne and Whent, Martell is dealing with hostages, Barristan is Barristan, and it's interesting that Jon Con also mentions that even Rhaegar saw what his father was in the end. I wonder what point in time he is refereeing to? The last two or three years?

Yes, but he's also behind the walls of the Red Keep and the Gates of KL, not to mention all the Gold Cloaks and the other guards. Since it was war, and everyone presumed that the king would be safe in the city, I think some allowances were made. I really want to know what Rhaegar and Aerys' final conversation was.

"Son, where the hell are my other KG??"

"Well....."

One thing I don't understand is why Elia was made to stay with the two kids. Lywen is dead his army broken and the rebels are on the way to KL. How is holding on to Elia going to stop Ned, Dorne just lost it's military strength. Even on Dragonstone she would still be a hostage.

Don't know. But if Aerys is mad enough to want to "burn them all" then his crazy person rationale for keeping Elia and the kids nearby might just that...crazy person rationale.

Although Jaime was more a hostage at that point like Elia which Rhaegar points out. A crutch for Aerys. And unless he pulled 24 hour shifts for two weeks it's kind of a thin guard.

Every ship has its captain . . .

Let's take a little look at numbers:

before the Battle of the Bells:

general number of KG: 7

Rhaegar and Lyanna: 2

Aerys: 5

the first duty is fulfilled

before Rhaegar's return to KL:

Rhaegar and Lyanna: 3

Aerys: 4

before the Trident:

Lyanna: 3

Rhaegar: 3

Aerys: 1

after the Trident:

general number of KG: 4

Aerys: 1

after the Sack:

general number of KG: 3

Viserys 0

the first duty is NOT fulfilled /beep beep KG alert/

Once again, Ygrain to the rescue. Thank your for your continued clarifying posts. I would also add that while we don't know exactly when the 3 KG knew that Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon were dead and Viserys gone to Dragonstone, we know that at the latest, they found out when Ned talked to them. The conversation at ToJ makes it clear that the 3 KG understand these facts at the latest at that moment. Ned basically gives them free passage to go to Viserys. But they don't take it. So even if word had not gotten to them prior to the showdown (although I suspect it had), their reaction to Ned regarding going to Viserys at Dragonstone makes it clear that either they don't take their first vow very seriously (not likely given what we know about them and how much they emphasize their vows in that conversation) or Viserys is not king at that moment (which is only true if Jon is king--i.e., R&L were married).

This is perfect!

I want to make a chart of events in boxes and timeline, but I'm afraid I'll butcher it and really be opened to significant criticism from fellow RLJ fans. :closedeyes:

Maybe if we all pull in all quotes, resources, and designate someone with the know how to make a cool timeline chart, fitted with the known events with years, months, speculated days, from days at the tourney to the TOJ. That'd be a cool project to do, I think, keeping us active while we wait for S5 to broadcast. Of course, credit will be given to those who contribute little or big.

And we do a save-mode, have a working progress at certain points for all of us to give feedback and suggestion of what to edit and change as far as the timeline chart and info therein.

Now, who wants to be the hero and be the director of this project? ^_^

because it ain't me.

I've made such a timeline, though it isn't completely finished. Still needs a little bit of work.

Aerys would have thought King's Landing unimpregnable - and just in case it wasn't, he would have ordered it blown to the seven heavens by means of wildfire. Hostages kept to die there.

^That's taken out of context. Someone asked Bean about R+L=J, so his remark about not being the father was more like "in that case..."

I don't doubt R+L=J, but I don't think Bean would just outright reveal that. Alfie Allen, on the other hand...

No actually it's not taken out of context. I just read the full interview, the original question wasn't even referring to R+L=J it was asking Bean about if the show will include flashbacks, and Bean chose to give us that bit about Ned on his own, R+L=J was not even remotely suggested in the interviewer's orginal question.

Interviewer:"I could be wrong, but I think they might show flashbacks via Bran's connection to the heart trees."

Sean Bean: "Oh, yeah, yeah! And I'm his father, so that would be great fun! Just to go back to that for a while, it would be such fun to do. It would be great! It would be bizarre, but it would be great! So I guess if they're going to do flashbacks, then yeah!"

Interviewer: "Well, it's just my theory ..."

Sean Bean: "But it's a good theory! And that should happen, shouldn't it? I've definitely got some unfinished business that needs to be resolved there. I'm obviously not Jon Snow's dad. And you need that to be revealed at some point, don't you? So Bran would kind of be the one having the flashback, and he would see Ned praying, right? And revealing those things? You never know what those guys are going to do with that. It's got to be something special. But I'm into that. I certainly would be into that. Print that! Give them a nudge. [Laughs.] Hopefully I'll get a call soon."

Those are the only two in depth Game of Thrones questions asked in the enitre interview, so how is that taken out of context? Here's the link to the full interview:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/07/sean-bean-legends-game-thrones-chat.html

Maybe I made a false assumption that the ellipsis was the interviewer proposing R+L=J, and Bean was replying to it.

Yes, like JI said, the theory the interviewer references is that the show will feature flashbacks in the Bran arc in S5.

Sean Bean stated rather unequivocally that he (Ned) is not Jon's father:

"I'm obviously not Jon Snow's dad."

Yikes, I must have just given him the benefit of the doubt in my head...not that this was shocking exactly, but it's shame that show-only watchers are likely to be spoiled on what should be a cool reveal.

Yes, like JI said, the theory the interviewer references is that the show will feature flashbacks in the Bran arc in S5.

Exactly Gwyn!

Yikes, I must have just given him the benefit of the doubt in my head...not that this was shocking exactly, but it's shame that show-only watchers are likely to be spoiled on what should be a cool reveal.

Haha ya I know what you mean I had to look up the original interview and see it for myself, seems like a massive slip up on his part. But then again, I've heard lots of rumors that Sean Bean is appareantly not the nicest guy off camera so maybe he just doesn't care about spoilers lol....

I'm so enjoying Sean spilling the Bean lol *chilling out with a huge can of pop corn*

I'm so enjoying Sean spilling the Bean lol *chilling out with a huge can of pop corn*

ROFLMAO!

Now, what do you think the unsullied are going to make out of this? :D

Archived