Dating #14- we can't all be Freddie Mercury

Kelli Fury

Everyone gets bad breath in the mornings. We both do, but seeing as we both smell, who cares :P

I always thought that too, but I have come to the conclusion that mine is spectacularly bad. Plus my bf's is not bad in the morning so it's really weird for him that mine is! (He made me ask the dentist about it, but the dentist assured me I have excellent oral hygiene and that it was nothing to worry about, and if anything it would be a GI tract issue, not a dental one.) Plus I get my "morning breath" about 20 minutes after I fall asleep, so if the boy stays up later than me watching chess videos, he has to smell it if I am facing him!

I'm having one of those spells on OKC where no one replies to my messages. Huge downer. :(

:grouphug:

If my partner doesn't like it it's fine, but if I get to choose I like the contact when going to sleep.

I'm having one of those spells on OKC where no one replies to my messages. Huge downer. :(

But we love you, Ini! Isn't that enough??

I've been avoiding this thread - for obvious reasons: I've been happily married for over 30 years. Strange, I know. But I finally came to the conclusion that you guys might appreciate my occasional dropping by to offer encouragement. :P

But we love you, Ini! Isn't that enough??

Depends. Do you know rad ladies to set me up with?

I got a reply from a girl I messaged earlier today though, so that's cool. :)

I gave a clear sign to the universe a few days ago, I bought a second pillow for my bed. Bring it on universe!

Anyone else using eHarmony? I'm finding it okay... nothing amazing. Through eHarmony I've met about 6 people a year for the past two years.

I'm pretty bad asking people out in person, due to me never knowing if someone is interested/hitting on me, hardly ever striking up conversation, and my 'asking out' attempts being misinterpreted.

Anywho, what do you peeps do to meet people?

I signed up for POF to get myself out there. Only girl who would reply to me made a date very quickly last night for today... First one on a dating site in 8 years to actually make a date with me. Then I found out she has MS. I initially told her that shouldn't be a problem for me, but I have to be realistic. A serious neurological disease is really not something I want to deal with. I feel like a heel. Sent her a message to call it off.

Honestly, if everything else about her was go on a date material, I wouldn't let an illness that would only come up in the unlikely event you end up in a serious years long relationship be the thing that kept me from meeting somebody. Dates usually don't go as well as that (hence so many people going on so many), and if it does, then maybe the MS isn't such a deal breaker. Just a thought.

I signed up for POF to get myself out there. Only girl who would reply to me made a date very quickly last night for today... First one on a dating site in 8 years to actually make a date with me. Then I found out she has MS. I initially told her that shouldn't be a problem for me, but I have to be realistic. A serious neurological disease is really not something I want to deal with. I feel like a heel. Sent her a message to call it off.

There is no right decision with something like this, only what feels right to you. If you think the best thing for all involved is to call off a date, you have made a good decision. If not, you can always try to set one back up. Try not to feel too bad and just keep her in your thoughts.

One of my best friends has MS. How much of an impact is has on their life really depends on a number of factors. How early it was diagnosed and whether or not she's taking her medication. As far as my friend's doctors are concerned he caught it early enough that he should hopefully never suffer any major symptoms from it (beyond the migraines and panic attacks that he occasionally gets now which are apparently both caused by it) provided he takes his meds everyday.

Obviously every case is different, I don't know what kind of symptoms she already has or what her long term symptoms will be, just that it might be a good idea to talk to her about that before deciding to call it off. If you like her and are potentially interested in dating her that is.

I don't think anyone could blame you for making the decision that you did though. I certainly don't.

As someone with chronic disabling illnesses, I agree it's better you sent her a message now rather than later, but if people in this thread changed your mind after you sent her a message calling it off, please don't try to reschedule, I know that would make me annoyed and I definitely wouldn't say yes to some guy who turned me down me because of my illnesses and then changed his mind, especially not on a dating site, maybe IRL if he had a really good explanation and there was a really strong attraction otherwise, but I doubt it. Dating/being in a relationship with someone with a chronic illness isn't for everyone. I disabled my online dating accounts because I'm almost never well enough to actually make to dates, I kept getting asked out and I kept canceling everything I accepted at the last minute (I never know how I'm going to feel in advance).

MS is quite variable, I have a very close friend with MS who was also caught it pretty early and always took her medication and now she's in a nursing home (she has secondary progressive MS, it used to be relapsing-remitting).

Scheduled a second date for tomorrow with IT-girl. I suggested we'd go visit a museum and mentioned a few options. She said she was up for anything, as long is isn't a modern arts museum. My kinda girl! ;) So now we're going to visit the airborne museum (Operation Market Garden) in Arnhem. If things go well, I know a lovely Turkish restaurant on the Rhine that we can go to afterwards. Wish me luck! ;)

Archived