Bran Flying?

Matthew Wylie

Well I'm about halfway through A Dance with Dragons, so ill try not to spoil anything. Anyway, throughout the whole series it is repeatedly hinted that Bran will be able to 'fly'. Now I'm guessing that this using his wrarg(?) abilities, but do you guys reckon that just flying a bird is a little too plain for 5 books of anticipation? Do you reckon that he will in fact, fly one of Dany's Dragons? It may sound crazy, but i actually find it kind of likely. Thoughts?

I feel like Bran has to warg into a dragon. I mean from a storytelling perspective, there's no real point in even narrating Bran's journey if he never ends up doing anything important... the role he ends up playing may or may not be controlling a dragon, but if it's not it better still be epic because otherwise I will be annoyed that I read all those chapters for nothing.

In the greyjoy chapters of aFfC,

Euron gets that dragon horn

so maybe Bran will be able to combat that with his warg powers. That's pure speculation, though.

OP, if you've read all Brans chapters in Dance, then

you might have noticed that Bran has already flown.. warged into a bird, that is.

Brans accomplishments thus far of course say nothing about his possible accomplishments in the future.. and we do know of some beasts growing larger every day who are capable of flying and should be coming towards Westeros rather soon.. ;)

Also, this topic would be more suited for the Dance with Dragons subforum, not the Feast forum, as the Bran situation you address has got everything to so with Dance, and actually nothing with Feast.

Bran seems like he'll be schooled to take over from 3 Eyed Raven. Jojen appears to have been strongly hinting at something like this to Bran while they've travelled from Winterfell. So, hitching a ride on a dragon? It won't come as easy as it sounds. If I'm asked to pick one, I'd go for.....

Viserion seems the obvious one. Rhaegal could be a handful. Drogon will choose Dany. That's the clincher: Dragons choose their riders and not the rider making the choice. That's if I've got these dragons worked out. Currently, they all love their Mum but, when it comes to being ridden..... Is it an instinct within dragons? They know their rider, by instinct.

Does Bran speak any High Valyrion? Is that what he has to master? The more you think, the more you find questions!!

Meera is more than she is as well. What chance would there have been of a marriage between Bran and Meera, uniting their Houses? The Reeds could always be depended upon by The Starks. It may sound soppy but, give it a thought. We know they get on and like each other. Jojen wouldn't be against it. Would Meera be there as Bran's strength, and reason to return from his 'travels'? I'd say, yes.

Ned and Howland shared more than respect, and Jon's secret. It seems to be something that Catelyn would've liked too.

Leap of faith, or too much to expect? Where are the children of the forest? Can they return through Bran and Meera? Is that one more reason for them to reach where they're going? The seed would be good because they're from Old Houses.

Archived