What exactly is "The Game of Thrones"?

Cavendish

Hi I'm new here, the question is exactly as it sounds. What is "Game of Thrones" and I don't mean the t.v show, I mean the series of events that is going on around the characters. To try and make more sense we all know Petyr is trying to become more powerful just for fun I guess, and I think that is "playing the game of thrones"?

What is the difference between The Game of Thrones and Surviving? I've seen people say Sansa was playing the game of thrones the moment she became a hostage of Kings Landing, and then others say she was just surviving? Some even say she didn't play the game of thrones until she went to the Vale, or is still just playing the pawn(surviving) in someone's else's game in the recent book.

Who exactly is playing the Game of Thrones? Is Arya? Daenyrus? What actions or wishes must you have to be in the game?

There's no set answer. The easiest is that it just means playing politics. Dany certainly is, whereas Arya isn't. I don't think it's just about surviving.

Basically, everyone wants to survive and there are two ways of doing it. You can be an Arya, or a Hound, in which you lay low, trust in your own skills and distance yourself from politics. This strategy is risky because much of your fate is out of your hands, you only control you. The other strategy is to achieve power, like most people strive for. With power, survival is easier because you can project your will unto others, however, it means you have a bigger target on your back and won't be able to just duck away and run like Arya could.

Game of thrones is basically everything. It's not just political confrontation, but every move that any of the pieces makes is move in the Game. From surviving to claiming a throne, people play different games to obtain what they want or need

Hi I'm new here, the question is exactly as it sounds. What is "Game of Thrones" and I don't mean the t.v show, I mean the series of events that is going on around the characters. To try and make more sense we all know Petyr is trying to become more powerful just for fun I guess, and I think that is "playing the game of thrones"?

What is the difference between The Game of Thrones and Surviving? I've seen people say Sansa was playing the game of thrones the moment she became a hostage of Kings Landing, and then others say she was just surviving? Some even say she didn't play the game of thrones until she went to the Vale, or is still just playing the pawn(surviving) in someone's else's game in the recent book.

Who exactly is playing the Game of Thrones? Is Arya? Daenyrus? What actions or wishes must you have to be in the game?

If mere survival were the goal, most lords would just stay in their castles, wouldn't they?

Game of thrones is basically everything. It's not just political confrontation, but every move that any of the pieces makes is move in the Game. From surviving to claiming a throne, people play different games to obtain what they want or need

Exactly, Arya and Sansa may not be at the center and powerful players until now, but their attempt to survive and do what they can for their house still makes them a part of the game, just as a soldier, who is seperated from his army, yet still hits the enemy as best he can and would rejoin his forces if he could, is still loosely part of the war.

Politics...dirty, grubby politics, and social standing.

"Game of Thrones" was used in one of the most important passages in the first book - when Cersei was warning Ned Stark. It was such a great phrase that it became the title for the first book, and the HBO series.

Politics...dirty, grubby politics, and social standing.

"Game of Thrones" was used in one of the most important passages in the first book - when Cersei was warning Ned Stark. It was such a great phrase that it became the title for the first book, and the HBO series.

Exactly!!!!!

Archived