Was Elenei a Valyrian Princess?

Mithras

Serenei was of Valyrian origin. The name Elenei seems like having the same structure. Valyrians are considered to be closer to the gods. Elenei might have been a Valyrian princess.

The Valyrian-Ghiscari wars started 5000 years ago. However, I think Valyrians spent at least a thousand years or more to build their powerbase and be ready to engage in wars with the mighty Ghiscari Empire. Therefore, the abduction of Elenei might fit the known history time wise.

I also suspect that the Valyrians came to Westeros on their dragons to take Elenei back. The flight of dragons is sometimes described as a storm.

My take is that Valyrians on their dragons came and destroyed the stronghold of Durran several times but he always managed to run and hide his queen from the Valyrians. Finally, he made alliance with the CotF and by their help he managed to defeat the dragonlords. I share the notion with others that Winterfell was built to celebrate the decisive victory against the Others at the location of the battle. Storm’s End might be a similar construction, i.e. to celebrate the victory against the dragonlords of Valyria.

I think its possible that Elenei was just someone with strong magic maybe like those from the Rhoyne with their water magic, or aeromancers etc. In the past magic seems to have been more prevalent so maybe she was just a strong practitioner and since then her story has just been embellished and become legend.

I think the Valyrian/God thing is kind of exaggerated. Catelyn thinks "Like their dragons, Targaryens answered to neither gods nor men." It just means that they considered themselves superior and did not conduct themselves in moral ways all the time. There were probably some that thought of themselves as god-like but it doesn't seem to be the rule.

Now, as for Elenei, I doubt she existed. I doubt most of the demi-god like people from past ages existed in quite the way described.

Archived