Will Bran be recast?

Jack Bauer 24

I'd say Stark kids are safe from recasts, but characters we've spent little time with (Cersei's kids, the likes of Daario, etc.) could all replaced. We just have had so much buy-in to the Stark family since the beginning, that a recast would really be disruptive.

He'll keep on Peter Brady-ing for another season, and then we'll forget. I just hope they do better in the wig department this year...

The kids all got a bump of 2-3 years from the books and it's been 2+ years in story time... Bran 12-13 (Isaac 15), Arya 13-14 (Maisie 17), Sansa 15-16 (Sophie 18), Jon 19-20 (Kit 27)... so if they just stop saying their ages, that works, too.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Differences_between_books_and_TV_series#First_season

In 408 Littlefinger stated to Royce and Waynwood that 20 years ago Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark blah blah blah rebellion, so at least 3 years must have pasted since the pilot.

Yeah, but Dhaario was recast and he was in the end of Season 3/beginning of Season 4, so it's not like he was off camera for awhile to ease the transition. One episode he was one actor and the next episode He was a different actor. Granted, he has a small role and they had to recast him, but would it really be disastrous?

Who said it wasn't? The new dude sucks

What do you mean the kids are getting an age up?

I mean they will suddenly start saying Sansa is 18 instead of 14, & Arya will be 17, Bran will be whatever age Isaac is etc. They won't explain it, they just will do it, so that when more "mature" stories come along they can do it within the law of the UK. In other words, they will want the characters to be adults just as soon as the actors are.

I think Tommen likey Margaery on the show, too. Not in a bonding over Ser Pounce way. The actor is 16, so I just figured he was 16. I can't buy that he's 12. And even younger if a scene in season 1 is to be believed, they said he was 8, so he'd be 10. No no no no no...

Tommen can't be 16, that makes no sense. He would be the same age as Myrcella now, and her being the older is a major plot point. He would also be fit to consummate marriage as soon as it happens, and even Cersei would not be able to make an objection, which would torpedo another major plot point of season 5, Marg's virginity or lack of it, and would also make it odd that Tommen is not taking more of a role in ruling and is letting his mother run the show completely and boss him around. Not to mention that it would mean that some 6 years have passed since the pilot, which makes no sense whatsoever.

Tommen is probably around 12/13 now, and it's believable enough because the actor is youthful-looking. He looks younger than Isaac. Assuming that characters are actors' age would be absurd, that would mean, for instance, that Jon and Dany are 27 even though the rebellion happened 20 years ago, or that Stannis is Robert's older brother, or that Sansa got her first period at the age of 15.

I mean they will suddenly start saying Sansa is 18 instead of 14, & Arya will be 17, Bran will be whatever age Isaac is etc. They won't explain it, they just will do it, so that when more "mature" stories come along they can do it within the law of the UK. In other words, they will want the characters to be adults just as soon as the actors are.

Except that would be a major plot hole - they can't suddenly be 3-4 years older when so little time has passed on the show. The Purple Wedding happened not that long after the Red Wedding, it was, what, weeks after? Then factor in everything this season - obviously, there couldn't have been so much time between Sansa arriving at the Vale and Lysa's death, and even less time between the death and LF's trial. And Tyrion certainly didn't spend 2-3 years at his trial, neither did the wildlings spend so much time preparing for the attack.

Maybe they will get the chance to make it look like some time has passed during season 5, but not during season 4, which went by at a frantic pace just like ASOS.

And I don't think Sansa is 14, she is 15 by now. She was 13 in the first season, so it doesn't seem likely that less than 2 years have passed since. She is 2 years older than in the show; in the book, she was 12 but just about to turn 13 ("13 when the moon turns") during her wedding. In the show, she said sh was 14 at the same time, which means she was about to turn 15.

So I don't know why D&D have even mentioned ages on the show

Because the ages can be kind of important at certain points. Sansa being a kid who hasn't gotten her period yet, for instance, is a major point in her development.

Because the ages can be kind of important at certain points. Sansa being a kid who hasn't gotten her period yet, for instance, is a major point in her development.

As if one could not figure that out for themselves.

I think they should not have even brought that scene up, just proceed as if it had happened in the past without mentioning it,no impact.

And I don't think Sansa is 14, she is 15 by now. She was 13 in the first season, so it doesn't seem likely that less than 2 years have passed since. She is 2 years older than in the show; in the book, she was 12 but just about to turn 13 ("13 when the moon turns") during her wedding. In the show, she said sh was 14 at the same time, which means she was about to turn 15.

Again, in 408 Littlefinger mentions that Robert's Rebellion was 20 years ago, so at least 3 years have passed since the beginning of the show.

I think they should not have even brought that scene up, just proceed as if it had happened in the past without mentioning it,no impact.

Except, again, Sansa getting her period is a big part of her psychological development.

Sansa's age is also in some respects more important in the show because it was the only reason the writers were willing to allow why Sansa being forced to marry Tyrion was bad for her.

Archived