Aurane Waters: Helping Stannis?

Azureguy

So we hear in ADWD that there is a pirate in the stepstones styling himself "The Lord of the Waters", which seems to point to Aurane. But I feel like there's a chance that he's going to help Stannis. It's not impossible, considering..

1.) Aurane was originally fighting for Stannis before being captured after Blackwater and pledging to Joffrey and Cersei.

2.) Why would he flee after Cersei was incapacitated, unless to have the opportunity to rejoin Stannis? I suppose he could be fleeing in case accusations were thrown at him, since he was closish to the queen, but this seems less likely to me.

3.) It could be that Aurane was always still loyal to Stannis, and only bent the knee to save his life. He then build the ships under Cersei's eye and escaped to deliver the ships to Stannis, perhaps at Eastwatch?

This is all theory, but it seems to make a lot of sense to me (and I would really like for Aurane to rejoin Stannis) The "Lord of the Waters" deal could've just been a ploy to stop people from coming after him.

Am I crazy, or does this make sense?

P.S: Sorry if this topic has been discussed, but my search for "Aurane Waters" showed no results, so here I am.

So we hear in ADWD that there is a pirate in the stepstones styling himself "The Lord of the Waters", which seems to point to Aurane. But I feel like there's a chance that he's going to help Stannis. It's not impossible, considering..

1.) Aurane was originally fighting for Stannis before being captured after Blackwater and pledging to Joffrey and Cersei.

2.) Why would he flee after Cersei was incapacitated, unless to have the opportunity to rejoin Stannis? I suppose he could be fleeing in case accusations were thrown at him, since he was closish to the queen, but this seems less likely to me.

3.) It could be that Aurane was always still loyal to Stannis, and only bent the knee to save his life. He then build the ships under Cersei's eye and escaped to deliver the ships to Stannis, perhaps at Eastwatch?

This is all theory, but it seems to make a lot of sense to me (and I would really like for Aurane to rejoin Stannis) The "Lord of the Waters" deal could've just been a ploy to stop people from coming after him.

Am I crazy, or does this make sense?

P.S: Sorry if this topic has been discussed, but my search for "Aurane Waters" showed no results, so here I am.

Yeah, I really think, it could be so (and I would like it, too).

There's also the theory with one of Patchface's prophecies:

"We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh."

The seahorse is the sigil of House Valeryon, the House of Aurane's father.

Patchface was pretty right with his prophecies so far, so I guess it could be a hint about Aurane Waters' future :)

Yeah, I really think, it could be so (and I would like it, too).

There's also the theory with one of Patchface's prophecies:

"We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh."

The seahorse is the sigil of House Valeryon, the House of Aurane's father.

Patchface was pretty right with his prophecies so far, so I guess it could be a hint about Aurane Waters' future :)

I didn't notice that! Now that I look at the quote, the mermaids also seem to imply that White Harbor is going to somehow aid Stannis.

I didn't notice that! Now that I look at the quote, the mermaids also seem to imply that White Harbor is going to somehow aid Stannis.

Yes, I guess this^, too ;)

If Stannis would (will?) get ships from Manderly AND Aurane, he'd have a very impressive fleet! It would be even better if Salladhor Saan somehow hears about Stannis' deal with the Iron Bank and would come back (with even more ships)... And, well, I'd love to see Asha at the end on the Seastone Chair, if Stannis would team up with some Ironborn... Oh, Manderly's fleet + Aurane's Royal fleet ships + Salla's Lyseni ships + Iron Fleet *sigh* That would be far too good to be true, but a girl can dream...

• 2 weeks later...

It could be that Aurane Waters is helping Stannis but I don't see it now. I think he might join Stannis later on and the same apply with Sallador Saahn. We would have to see what happens with Stannis after the fight in Winterfell. But like the theory and he is definitely a wildcard. Right now though he seems more like just a pirate. Though can see him switching to Stannnis. Man Cersei is such a dumbass ruler.

I could see Aurane "returning" to Stannis' fold if the circumstances called for it, but I don;t think that was his plan. After being captured, he probably figured it was smartest to bend the knee, as he's a bastard with little going for him besides naval skill. When Cersei offered him Master of Ships, he probably saw it (rightly) as an easy means to advance himself. And finally, when she was captured he realized she was a metaphorical sinking ship, and took what resources he had and fled to relative safety.

Again, if the circumstances set it up, Waters could easily rejoin Stannis and pretend it was his plan all along. But he seems like more of an opportunist than anything, so I doubt that was his intention post-Backwater.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It could be that Aurane Waters is helping Stannis but I don't see it now. I think he might join Stannis later on and the same apply with Sallador Saahn. We would have to see what happens with Stannis after the fight in Winterfell. But like the theory and he is definitely a wildcard. Right now though he seems more like just a pirate. Though can see him switching to Stannnis. Man Cersei is such a dumbass ruler.

Anything he might have hinted to Cersei regarding building expensive ships helped Stannis a huge lot more than any other individual with the possible exception of Melissandre ever did. Maybe merely trying to look pretty for Cersei did the trick. After all, Cersei defaulted on the Iron Bank to build (him) a fleet

I could see Aurane "returning" to Stannis' fold if the circumstances called for it, but I don;t think that was his plan. After being captured, he probably figured it was smartest to bend the knee, as he's a bastard with little going for him besides naval skill. When Cersei offered him Master of Ships, he probably saw it (rightly) as an easy means to advance himself. And finally, when she was captured he realized she was a metaphorical sinking ship, and took what resources he had and fled to relative safety.

Again, if the circumstances set it up, Waters could easily rejoin Stannis and pretend it was his plan all along. But he seems like more of an opportunist than anything, so I doubt that was his intention post-Backwater.

Agreed

Archived