Discussing the possibility of Young griff being cut

reddy95

A cool idea to end the season would be Varys shooting Kevan, then telling him all about Aegon, who we just know as Young Griff the whole time, the next scene we see a coastal castle being taken and Targaryen banners being hung from the walls with Aegon in full Targaryen armour looking down at a Blackwater size fleet of Golden Company sellswords coming ashore. Even taking Dragonstone would be an idea.

Oh well, maybe he's not that important so they cut him.

I love this idea

My problem with cutting Aegon would be with Varys and Illyrio.

What are they plotting for? Are they really organizing civil wars "for the good of the realm"?

I'm not convinced a Dornish plot would substitute their very understandable Blackfyre dinasty interest in taking great risks in Westeros.

Maybe the easiest way to move them, given what we already saw in Season one, would be to make them in some ways Targaryen descendants. In alternative Illyrio IS John Connington in the show, or something like that. And they are just Targaryen supporters.

The Trystane/Myrcella plot would be useful in the fact that it would give a whole narrative reason to the diferences in inheritance laws between Dorne and the rest of Westeros. But even someone thinking of crowning her would satisfy the Checkhov's Gun rules. And it could even be simply a red herring or world-building.

I do like the blackfire conspiracy in the books, but if they are going to cut Griffs then most probably they will eliminate all the Blackfire conspiracy story from the show.

In this case they can make Varys and Illyrio targaryen supporters, make Danny on the Iron Throne their major end-game (and not a Plan B to fAegon's Plan A).

I also think that with older actress as Myrcella they can go for a totally twisted version of Dornish story: Instead of Aryanne+ fAegon alliance we will have Myrcella+Trystan fighting for the Iron Throne. Thus Aryanne's functions will be split between Myrcella and the Sand Snakes, as to Trystane, I don't believe that Trystane is fAegon as some suggest, but he

will replace fAegon on the show as a young ambitious leader that ends up being roasted by Danny.

A cool idea to end the season would be Varys shooting Kevan, then telling him all about Aegon, who we just know as Young Griff the whole time, the next scene we see a coastal castle being taken and Targaryen banners being hung from the walls with Aegon in full Targaryen armour looking down at a Blackwater size fleet of Golden Company sellswords coming ashore. Even taking Dragonstone would be an idea.

What a brilliant idea.

Oh well, maybe he's not that important so they cut him.

Too bad the showrunner's are not as smart and clear-headed like you - my opinion is that they have a complete bias just for King's Landing since those segments of the show are easily the best-written.. That's an excellent idea you have though.

• 3 months later...

He'll be in it for sure. And I think they'll mention the Blackfyre thing. I'd stake money on it.

That wouldn't be wise.

Actor contracts are based on tiers, with each tier collectively bargaining in concert. Official casting announcements are covered under contractual agreements. Saying there is no Aegon in season 5 isn't a theory, it's a fact.

Archived