Discussing the possibility of Young griff being cut

reddy95

I am a huge aegon supporter and would be really bummed if he is cut. What do you guys think?

Would be utterly absurd for him to be cut and the show would be moving from increasingly pronounced Butterfly Effects to major changes

If it is to do with casting budget issues we can get away with 2/3 main Sand Snakes, eg have Obara and merge Tyne/Nymeria. Probably go with Tyene because Nym would confuse people with Arya's Direwolf

Will be dissapointed if they do without Euron and Victarion as well

I think that varys and tyrion will part ways after reaching pentos. Tyrion will be bducted by jorah while varys will convince aegon to westeros and join them.

Yeah I suspect that if he is included they'll ignore the Tyrion meets YG arc and just send him off straight to Slavers Bay, in this case Varys = Haldon and the split happens in Pentos

Varys will likely take Haldons spot, though I suspect they may even have him as the father figure and take Griffs spot (which would be dissapointing) but with Sand Snakes coming in etc they may be thinking it is too many new characters

Will be dissapointed if they do without Euron and Victarion as well

I would be surprised if they cut either really. Euron is in two scenes tops (Kingsmoot and taking Shield Islands) and is a badass evil pirate. Victarion is a POV character and again, he doesn't have that much screen time (maybe two more scenes than Euron?) so I think they could be fit in.

• 2 months later...

Why so sure?

Based on past seasons, all the major roles were generally announced during mid-summer, early fall at the latest. Most casting announcement from here on out will be supporting characters or minor extras.

The other possibility is that they're keeping casting completely a secret, but you would still expect some leaks from the set if that was the case.

It's not 100%, but I would start tempering expectations for all the other unannounced characters as well (Greyjoy brothers, Manderly, Arianne, etc.)

I'd like to think season 5 focuses on Dorne, KL (less than usual though), Pentos->Volantis, the North, Braavos, Dany, and Bran (just a little).

I'm thinking they're going to use this season to set up a few reveals and cliffhangers most importantly, the Aegon reveal.

I mean it's a big deal so in order to not get the word out for a cool cliffhanger, maybe D&D are keeping a YG/G casting on the wayy down low...and it may just be for the season 5 finale.

There haven't really been flashbacks and little Targ/Rhaegar/Lyanna discussion between many characters for show watchers to really know what's going on. The Viper's revenge per se was heavily Elia focused (obviously) so there needs to be more information revealed in ways to sole show watchers throughout the season about the past.

--

I think it would be very cool if Tyrion is on a ship playing cyvassi with YG and the cliffhanger is him realizing the kid is Aegon.

If LSH is left out, maybe the season ends with Brienne running into the BwB and then hung as well. I don't know how far they're going to go though with the Wall.

I'd like to think Season 6 then would be able to introduce Euron at the start with the kingsmoot and Aegon and JC becoming characters. I'm not optimistic but really want to see Aegon and Euron on the show.

I think the show is going to be drastically different and not for the good. Why would they keep characters named griff and young griff a secret? They haven't been cast nor has arianne, Quinton, Euron, or Victorian.

I doubt they would delay fAegons induction, like another poster pointed out the audience is already going to distrust him since he's seemingly coming out of nowhere, why wait? I hope I'm wrong but I fear I'm going to loath the show after this year.

As far as the greyjoys go, I have no idea what their doin. Balon should have been dead before the red wedding! haha

Personally loved reading the Dorne chapters. Can't wait to see it more present on the show... the sand snakes (& Dorne) will have big roles in WoW according to GRRM, makes sense to bring them into focus in Season 5.

Out of interest; are there people who don't believe Young Griff is Aegon...? (...noticing him referred to as fAegon) if so, what's the reason for this assertion?

Out of interest; are there people who don't believe Young Griff is Aegon...? (...noticing him referred to as fAegon) if so, what's the reason for this assertion?

The symbolism and a lot of the details around the character strongly indicate he's s Blackfyre and/or Ilyrio's son.

Yes, you will find a great deal of discussion about whether Young Griff/Aegon is the same Aegon as Rhaegar's son in the discussions about the books. Many are convinced he is not.

Archived