Watch, Watched, Watching: You've probably never heard of it.

D'ya like dags? I like dags. I like Snatch even more.

I dunno why, but I'd never watched Snatch until ten minutes ago. Well, I was five when it came out, but I've seen it air on TV a dozen times. Never got around to watching it, even after watching Sherlock Holmes, my first Guy Ritchie film, which I loved. Tonight, I wanted to watch something...British. So sure, why not, let's watch Snatch. And oh boy, I might change my mind after all of it has settled, but right now I think this film's a masterpiece. I'd say literally every single frame in it has some kind of effect on the plot, and all the storylines come together beautifully towards the end. In an earlier post, I said I'm not a fan of disjointed narratives, but I couldn't care less about it when they're as masterfully done as they are in this film. The soundtrack and the cinematography is excellent as well, Guy Ritchie is in a league of his own, but I'd rather focus more on the actors' performances. Everyone did a great job, but Brad Pitt was definitely the standout. His portrayal of Mickey is definitely his best work, out of those I've seen, anyway. He was perfect, especially his accent. That was hilarious. Speaking of, I love how the film never takes itself too seriously. The violence of London's criminal underworld make it a gritty film, but it also makes it hilarious, with scenes like the shootout between Boris the Blade and Bullet Tooth Tony. The whole film is very energetic and you won't ever want it to end, but when it does...you'll be pretty happy with the outcome, I think. It's all about the ride, and it ties up all it storylines perfectly.

Next up it's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Sundays at 9 we're still liking "the Last Ship" ... although 4 episodes in and I can see this potentially getting like "lost in Space" .... and on Sundays at 10 we've switched from the Leftovers, to the Strain... and we'll watch the tale of the most depressing town in human history on demand.... Still diggin Tyrant too.

Sundays at 9 we're still liking "the Last Ship" ... although 4 episodes in and I can see this potentially getting like "lost in Space" .... and on Sundays at 10 we've switched from the Leftovers, to the Strain... and we'll watch the tale of the most depressing town in human history on demand.... Still diggin Tyrant too.

Haha those are all my shows too! I'm still watching the Leftovers. I watch it after The Strain.

I dunno why, but I'd never watched Snatch until ten minutes ago. Well, I was five when it came out, but I've seen it air on TV a dozen times. Never got around to watching it, even after watching Sherlock Holmes, my first Guy Ritchie film, which I loved. Tonight, I wanted to watch something...British. So sure, why not, let's watch Snatch. And oh boy, I might change my mind after all of it has settled, but right now I think this film's a masterpiece. I'd say literally every single frame in it has some kind of effect on the plot, and all the storylines come together beautifully towards the end. In an earlier post, I said I'm not a fan of disjointed narratives, but I couldn't care less about it when they're as masterfully done as they are in this film. The soundtrack and the cinematography is excellent as well, Guy Ritchie is in a league of his own, but I'd rather focus more on the actors' performances. Everyone did a great job, but Brad Pitt was definitely the standout. His portrayal of Mickey is definitely his best work, out of those I've seen, anyway. He was perfect, especially his accent. That was hilarious. Speaking of, I love how the film never takes itself too seriously. The violence of London's criminal underworld make it a gritty film, but it also makes it hilarious, with scenes like the shootout between Boris the Blade and Bullet Tooth Tony. The whole film is very energetic and you won't ever want it to end, but when it does...you'll be pretty happy with the outcome, I think. It's all about the ride, and it ties up all it storylines perfectly.

:thumbsup:

I love that movie (LS&2SB is fantastic too), and it was really the first movie that made me sit up and take notice about Brad Pitt's acting ability. I mean I knew he was a good actor, but damn he was great in it. If you're in the mood for more in a similar vein you should check out Layer Cake and In Bruges (but surely you've seen that?).

The last two episodes of The Strain have been much better than the pilot. I still don't care at all about the alcoholism and child custody subplots. I dropped The Leftovers after episode four.

I was just about to say that if you liked Snatch that much, you had a real treat waiting for you in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. As good as Snatch was, I found it to be better.

Yeah Brick Top is one crazy old man but he's the sanest man in the world compared to Rory Breaker. The thing with Guy Ritchie movies, well at least LS&TB, Snatch & Rock&Rolla, is that they have wonderful unhinged villains. The dialogue in these movies is also ace.

I like both LS&TSB and Snatch, but I think I like Snatch a bit more. It just has so many good characters Cousin Avi, Bullet Tooth Tony, Turkish and of course Brad Pitt's character.

I also highly recommend Layer Cake. Its in the same vein as the Ritchie movies and has some wonderful performances from Daniel Craig & Ben Wishaw. Also Sally Hawkins and Tom Hardy are in it.

I really need to give Rock n Rolla another try. I fell asleep at least twice when I watched it the first time, but I was extremely tired so I don't think it was the movies fault (although the experience was still tainted).

RocknRolla is quite meh. It's fun, but it's two stories crammed awkwardly into one film, and one of those stories is basically Layer Cake. It very definitely seems like Guy Ritchie had the whole actual RocknRolla arc set up, then saw what his mate Matthew Vaughn had done and decided to get in on that action. Certainly nowhere near as good as Snatch (I've not seen LockStock).

Watching Masters of Sex, almost done with the first season. The men are such idiots on this show, it's like a competition to see which one is the biggest moron.

Remember the time period. Love this show, probably my favorite one on air now.

If you've seen Lock Stock and Snatch, I'd give up on Ritchie's back catalogue. You're only going to be disappointed.

Yeah, LS&2SB and Snatch are his best work. The only decent thing he's done besides that is the Sherlock Holmes movies and their ... eh.

Archived