Dany will NOT fight the Others

Mithras

I wish I was creative enough to turn a anthill into the battle of the dawn

:lmao:

[sNIP]

The problem with your argument is that you have already made a conclusion on Dany's character without the last 2 books. Here is how I see your argument:

• Premise 1: Dany does not know about the Others and has not fought them thus far

Premise 2: Dany will be involved in an impending civil war

Conclusion: Dany will never fight in the war against the Others because she will be entangled in the civil war and has never shown any regard for the fight against the Others

Your argument excludes what we already know about Dany: she likes fighting for the underdog (the slaves being an example). We can't fault her for not preparing for the great battle, hell, even the people in Westeros don't even know about it, it's only the guys on the Wall that do and that's because they've seen things.

If we can conclude that Dany will not fight against the Others because she doesn't care because she hasn't been shown to care then we can say the same of 99% of the people in Planetos.

:lmao:

The problem with your argument is that you have already made a conclusion on Dany's character without the last 2 books. Here is how I see your argument:

• Premise 1: Dany does not know about the Others and has not fought them thus far

Premise 2: Dany will be involved in an impending civil war

Conclusion: Dany will never fight in the war against the Others because she will be entangled in the civil war and has never shown any regard for the fight against the Others

Your argument excludes what we already know about Dany: she likes fighting for the underdog (the slaves being an example). We can't fault her for not preparing for the great battle, hell, even the people in Westeros don't even know about it, it's only the guys on the Wall that do and that's because they've seen things.

If we can conclude that Dany will not fight against the Others because she doesn't care because she hasn't been shown to care then we can say the same of 99% of the people in Planetos.

True. It is the hardest thing in the world to persuade people to set their differences aside and take action to achieve the common goal. That is what the hero of the story is supposed to do IMO, instead of using a magic sword/dragon and slaying all the evil monsters. I think the story is heading that way. Dragons will prove to be not so effective against the Others because they are not big, they do not like cold weather and the strategy of the Others so far was to conduct guerilla warfare, in which the dragons are ineffective.

I think the victory will come soon after the squabbling about the IT-game of thrones ends and people have no choice but to unite against the common enemy. Because By night all cloaks are black," and By night all banners look black,” and Dusk had settled, turning all the banners black.

True. It is the hardest thing in the world to persuade people to set their differences aside and take action to achieve the common goal. That is what the hero of the story is supposed to do IMO, instead of using a magic sword/dragon and slaying all the evil monsters. I think the story is heading that way. Dragons will prove to be not so effective against the Others because they are not big, they do not like cold weather and the strategy of the Others so far was to conduct guerilla warfare, in which the dragons are ineffective.

I think the victory will come soon after the squabbling about the IT-game of thrones ends and people have no choice but to unite against the common enemy. Because By night all cloaks are black," and By night all banners look black,” and Dusk had settled, turning all the banners black.

I don't necessarily agree that the Others are constructing their assault such that the dragons become useless. They couldn't have accounted for the dragons. After all, magic is supposed to have left the world and with it, the dragons.

I'll go as far as suggesting that the rise of the Others is one of the catalysts that led to the return of the dragons i.e. In order to have a devil you also need a god, something like that. That's why Dany is important IMHO. She is currently the only dragon rider in the world.

After Dany destroys King's Landing, there will be Iron thrown to sit…

Dany's reputation will be ruined by Doran & Cersei's propaganda long before she arrives… Dany will only strengthen this propaganda when she burns King's landing & all inhabitants… In an effort to repair her reputation, she may make the decision to travel North & protect the realm from the Others?

After Dany destroys King's Landing, there will be Iron thrown to sit…

Dany's reputation will be ruined by Doran & Cersei's propaganda long before she arrives… Dany will only strengthen this propaganda when she burns King's landing & all inhabitants… In an effort to repair her reputation, she may make the decision to travel North & protect the realm from the Others?

HAR at that point i'd be pissed off.

You are making a lot of assumptions --

Said the raven to the crow.

without paying attention to Dany's character development and the facts George already confirmed. It is certain that there will be a Second Dance of Dragons between fAegon and Dany. I don’t think any of them will want to give a break to the civil war and help the NW. Why should they waste their men and resources for something happening up in the North and risk losing the civil war?

A second Dance was confirmed, the participants were not. Get your facts straight.

If the Dance 2.0 can be fought while the Others invade then the Others are not the Big Bad Threat we have been expecting them to be. No one should be able to deny them by books 6 & 7. It'd be like Middle Earth being able to ignore Sauron and the Uruk-Hai or the Wizarding World being able to ignore Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

A big assumption and wrong.

Irony.

People are selfish. Most of the lords do not believe in snark and grumkins. Even if some of them come to believe in the Long Night, they can not do anything without the leave of their lieges and monarchs.

Everyone would believe in snarks and grumkins if an army of them marched on Westeros.

People have been laughing off the Others since Book 1. I can't imagine there more of the same stuff in the last two novels. That would be awful,repetitive writing. The story has to advance and we know by author admission that the next book will feature more of the Others.

How does this war work in your mind? How can the Others be a major threat to the realm but somehow remain unnoticed?

Still you are making big assumptions. You talk like every person in the Planetos will realize the real threat against the humanity. That is not the case and I doubt it will ever be (at least completely). If that was the case, people would set their differences aside and flock to the Wall side by side as soon as the Wall falls. I don't think George will write such a cheesy story.

We've had 5 books of people ignoring the Wall while the threat of the Others. It has to reach a boiling point. Things have move forward.

You are assuming that Dany will believe in snarks and grumkins. Since she is not invested in the war, I doubt she will take the plea of the NW seriously. None of the claimants to the IT did. Stannis came to the Wall after he lost most of his armies and chance to take KL by force. Tyrion believed in the snarks and grumkins but he could not risk being seen as believing in them. And he could only send a minor help because he was in the middle of a war.

Tyrion was able to ignore the Wall because there were no undeniable signs of distress. That was back in book 2 when it was just turning fall and everything was "fine". By book 6, there have to be consequences for everyone ignoring the Wall.

It is also highly probable that the Boltons will be defeated and the North will declare for Stannis. I doubt Dany will be willing to send her armies to protect the people that defy her, or even risk her armies to the betrayal of Stannis.

I don't doubt he will smash the Boltons and rally the north but let's not forget he is "the blue-eyed king who cast no shadow". The false light will only lead the north deeper into darkness.

You are assuming that she will ever sit on the IT in the first place. You have a good deal to learn about Dany’s change of character. In her final chapter in ADwD, she realized that her real home is Westeros and she gave up caring everything else.

I don't think she will sit the throne. I don't even care if she does. My point was that no one should be able to ignore the Others by the next two books. Not if you're in Dorne, the Stormlands or sitting on the throne.

I think her only priority will be the IT and as long as a Usurper sits on it, she will not care anything else. That is what Fire & Blood means. That is why she gave up planting trees in a place that is not her home.

No, that's not what it means. :lol:

* * * Dany will only strengthen this propaganda when she burns King's landing & all inhabitants… * * *

This is an officially bizarre prediction. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can only assume that off-the-wall predictions like this are at least partially caused by the inexplicable level of hate that runs through this forum for a character who is clearly written as a hero - to be sure, a complex hero who makes plenty of mistakes and runs into plenty of problems, but any fair reading of the books uncovers a ton of hero material.

It's kind of sad to me. I have to think that people who are actually hating Daenerys are not going to enjoy the rest of this series as much as those who are letting the author lead them where he wants them to go. The truth about these characters is in the books, not on this forum.

Neither Rhaenyra nor Aegon II were heroes. I take them as villains. I expect the same thing in the Second Dance.

It seems that a lot of your story expectations are woven around predictions for a second dance of the dragons and perhaps some detailed predictions of what it will entail. Do you have further basis for that expectation than the below Martin quote?

November 22, 2003

CONCERNING THE DANCE OF THE DRAGONS

Hi, short question. Will we find out more about the Dance of the Dragons in future books?

The first dance or the second?

The second will be the subject of a book. The first will be mentioned from time to time, I'm sure.

Little foreshadowing? One with thousands of posts must not know the purpose of GRRM's descriptive writing if not for foreshadowing.

I shake my head at the ignorance.

Why do the negative-passive-aggressive -thousand -plus posters always disagree with theories of what is to come.

Are they MODs that are paid to keep this sight relevant and flowing.

The main reason for Howland Reed to become the High Sparrow is to unite the 7's/Andals/Southernors with the Faith for the Great Battle to come....Period.

Dany's dream is a foreshadowing of what is to come, much like the HotU visions IMO.

HAR!

But the question is; who will she bang?

Let's start with dorne going up shell we? hmmm

Dorne- darkstar suits her usual type

Stormlands. Stannis..... hahaha nah Red connington is the only one that might suit her

the reach- Not many choices here. I will go with Willas or Garlan just for the hell of it. A hightower would be more likely

The riverlands- This one is tough bryden tully maybe? maybe a frey? Black walder would suit her nicely

The ironislands... Victorian called it

The north Wylls Manderly hahhahahahahahahah no wait greatjon or hell maybe even alys mormont. Just to rub it in Jorahs face a little '

The westerlands- Maybe a westerling?

The crownlands might be difficult. I don't anybody that would suit her.

After Dany destroys King's Landing, there will be Iron thrown to sit

Dany's reputation will be ruined by Doran & Cersei's propaganda long before she arrives Dany will only strengthen this propaganda when she burns King's landing & all inhabitants In an effort to repair her reputation, she may make the decision to travel North & protect the realm from the Others?

If anyone is going to burn down KL it's probably going to be Cersei. Think back to the scene where she burnt the Tower of the Hand.

Archived