What would YOU have done? (Pick a decision you dislike in the story and change it)

Lord Defiance

If I was Jaime I would've seen the sense in not thinking of my sister as something to bone and treat her as an actual sister.

And then I'd tell Aerys to put his Kingsguard where the sun don't shine and find me a nice match to wait out the days where I'll be the Lord of Casterly Rock and a truly happy man.

Whose to say that Aemon's would be any better than Aegon's? They are of the same blood and madness is genetic(or appears to be in this world.) So once again how do you know that Aemon wouldn't have had crazy children or grandchildren.

I don't know my children wouldn't be mad, but I do know I'd probably outlive them, given Aemon lives past a hundred and only really dies because of that business in Bravos. Giving the 7k nearly a century of stable, sane and clever rule would be pretty good in my book.

If I was in place of other characters..

Ned: would have used incest information to get Cersei helping me into breaking up the betrothal and go back north in a peaceful manner. A friend offer one can refuse, but a King order one can not. Hence, Queen help is necessary. Who cares with whom she fucks with, it's not my business, hand or not, friend or not. Tell her I'm willingly to make all bastards "disappear" in a couple of weeks to prove my loyalty. And, if Robert died like he did, I would have bent the knee happily. Then advised for a different betrothal for my daughter at the right moment.

Catelyn: would never have seized the imp, no matter what. Can't I smell dangerous political actions? I can. Rather, I would have provided public generic complaints in King's Landing, asked for a cut in taxes to spend more in security to protect my children target of random assassins nothing more. I don't need justice, the North is very far away. I need peaceful living, and Ned Stark back home.

Robb Stark: would have never gone in war without solid alliances with a strong house in the south, e.g. Tyrell. Also, screw Riverrun.

Jamie: seriously, fucking Cersei? Tastes are tastes, ok. But I wouldn't have taken the white only to stay near her. Just let her go, and inherit Casterly Rock. Nothing rocks more than it.

Tyrion: falling in love with a whore? that's the moment you have to bring more whores in your bed. And if you can't get over it, just cut her throat to speed up the process of detachment.

Daenerys: the slavers killed 16? children, so what? You've killed many more people, and again, it's not your business. Attack Meeren, use treachery if you want - like promising freedom -, then sack it to get plenty of resources and go away with your own army only. Whoever wants to follow you has to bring his own baggages. Westeros is your kingdom. Also, Fire and Blood.

If I were Stannis: I would siege Storm's End and make Renly my bitch; show Renly's banners how ineffective a leader he is and get them to my side.

If I were Tywin: I would be a hell of a lot nicer to Tyrion. If he wasn't a dwarf, he would surely be Tywin's favorite (why wouldn't he be, he's the mos like Tywin out of all the Lannister kids).

If I were Robb: I would have kept the Kingslayer as far away from Catlyn as possible.

If I were Ned: I wouldn't try to take two of my children into a place where I knew they could be in danger, especially after I heard their aunt's suspicions.

If I were Robert: I would have realized that little Robert had an uncle who was more beloved in the veil and more capable of holding the wardenship of the east until his nephew was able to hold it for himself. If the wardenship had been given to the Blackfish instead of Jaime Lannister, he might have been able to use that authority to bring the veil's forces in Robert's cause.

If I were Renley: I would have better attention to Janos Slynt and tried to get him removed from command. What is the Master of Laws for exactly?

If I were Cersei, I would have let Robert father my first born son at least before resuming twincest.

Why? So Robert would have had it under his nose - without the need to take a look at his bastards (apparently he never bothered) - that one kid had different hair?

With all three blond, a person as bright and attentive as Bob might just not bother to notice.

Funnily, as much as the seed might be strong, who would root out the idea that Cersei's eggs are just that callous? :D

At the end, even with the first born being Bob's, Cersei risked to be found out the same way and with similar consequences; Bob would get rid of her. The big difference is that, in one scenario, Bob would be standing there empty handed, while in the other, she would have gifted her boar of an husband with a precious heir.

So I never understood Tyrion's reasoning on that same idea, no matter how clever he (or we) thinks he is. ( Varys sends his regards ;) )

If I were Catelyn I would never have freed Jaime Lannister expecting the Lannisters to free my daughters in return.

Plus, one more other thing. She knew Stannis was going for Kings Landing at that time, odds being that he would probably have won even before Brienne, Jaime and Cleos reached KL. If Stannis had taken the city, I don't think he would have released Sansa (even if she'd have survived the sacking of the city) since Robb was still in rebellion and Jaime not meaning much to him. Catelyn freeing Jaime would be all for nothing, except of being accused of treason.

Risky move, ladywoman, not something I would have done.

I get why Theon wanted to side with his people, but if I was him, I would have gone back to Robb. It may not have helped much, but Theon wouldn't have betrayed his real family (the starks). They still probably couldn't have done much about the IB, but I wouldnahve liked Theon to be good still.

Then the obvious: don't marry Jeyne, let tywin pass by riverrun, kill the mountain immediately, etc.

Archived