Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Dont think so, there are still characters we'll find out about in the upcoming weeks, just like the S3 one wasnt the definitive one.

That is true. But the HBO press release refers to Trystane "Heir to Dorne." Arianne's out.

I'm super-stoked about Jonathan Pryce.

All right, I've never said this before, but now I really have to:

Trystane Martell is Prince Doran’s son and heir to Dorne. His father betrothed him to Myrcella Baratheon as part of the alliance offered by Tywin Lannister, then Hand of the King.

Fuck you, show.

And I'm not even a fan of Arianne.

On a more positive note (not that it makes this any better), Siddig is a great pick for Doran, so is Jonathan Pryce for the High Sparrow.

Okay, Siddig and Pryce, amazing !

Otherwise, my bet is that these are the main characters already cast and casting for other storylines (North, Wall...) is not done yet as the filming will take place later down the year.

Jonathan Pryce is in Game Of Thrones. Fuck yes. And Alexander Siddig as Doran is top-notch casting.

But... Where in the ever-loving fuck are the Greyjoys? Aegon and JonCon? WTF D&D? Are they going to cast them later? I hope so.

And sadly, it's confirmed. Arianne is out of the picture. Fuck. Though, seeing how old Trystane is, perhaps he will be merged with Quentyn, and the Sand Snakes are going to be taking Arianne's role. Damnit D&D, just stick to the fucking books. Your original ideas are not always good.

It must be said that so far Benioff and Weiss have stuck to their guns regarding their comments about the size of the cast.

I think it quite likely they have completely lopped off the Aegon storyline and half the Greyjoy storyline as well.

WHERE ARE MY GRIFFINS???????!!!!

Is it possible that that they're introduced in S6? And they just cut their interaction with Tyrion. I'm very much (sadly) doubting it, but where we know Arianne is is dead and buried, there's a slim chance for the Griffs.

I am not happy, and kind of feel like a good amount of TWOW is spoiled knowing that Arianne/Aegon aren't end-game material.

To be fair, the House of the Undying basically confirmed as much.

Are we sure that the "heir to Dorne" thing isn't just a mistake? Because I'm pretty sure there's been talk about casting Arianne, even if she hasn't been cast yet. And it seems bizarre to cast so many specific Sand Snakes but not Arianne and/or Quentyn (ETA: and Areo Wallflower Hotah). Just thinking out loud here.

The descriptions also seem to say that Myrcella is Cersei and Robert's oldest child, which we know isn't true even within the show.

ETA: I'm also not sure why so many people seem to think the Aegon stuff is cut just because the casting wasn't announced with this particular group.

Oh, and Pryce as the High Sparrow is brilliant.

Archived