Help with the Wiki

Darth Prefect

I signed up for the forum mainly to work on the wiki. (Not that I know that much, just that I like to fix grammar, spelling, etc. when I spot it.)

Anyway, I have this here account that seems to work just fine in the forums, but it won't "carry over" to the wiki. I can't log in there and when I log in here and click on te wiki, I don't stay logged in. Maybe I'm missing something? I try to have the wiki send me a password reset, but, though it says it is sent, it never gets through (as far as I can tell).

I'm not sure I didn't cause this problem by accidentally creating more than one account. (I think I also created one called "Rhindle the Red".)

Any help would be appreciated.

You need 3 or 5 posts -- I forget how many -- before you can edit on the Wiki. It's a way to filter out spammers. Posts in forums other than Help (which does not increment post count) should do it.

• 2 months later...

I can sign into the forums, but seemingly only by connecting through facebook. When I try to use the password (which I reset to make sure I had it) and 'shimel' as my username, it doesn't seem to take, even on the forums. The wiki simply won't let me sign on at all.

I'd still like to be able to, to take part in the community, but I looked it up again to make sure and I was wrong about the quote on Trant's page being an error...I just somehow read it wrong initially.

Shimel,

I'll look into this. One suggestion I'd make is to log out from the forum, clear your cookies from westeros.org, and then try logging into each again.

I suspect the issue relates to the Facebook login, but in that case I _think_ I can arrange a password that will work for you.

ETA:

Hmm... did you create your account using Facebook? Because from what I can see the Wiki did not generate an account for you at all. Which is weird and troubling, since I don't think I've ever seen that before, nor am I sure how to rectify it...

I logged out and cleared all cookies and rebooted....same issue still occurring. I am not entirely sure, but i think the events went:

The only successful login I can recall is from facebook, but this account did gain my email info and had shimel as my username setup already, and I'm not sure how it would do (at least) the latter from Facebook, as FB just uses my full name, afaik. It is possible I created an account here awhile ago, but I don't remember doing that, since I just finished the books and wanted to stay off sites for the most part.

I tried to create a second, separate account (using a different email and into connected to facebook), and that seems to work here but not on the wiki, though I have no poss on that account yet, so maybe that's the reason (in fact, when trying to log in via the wiki with it, I don't get the error message, it just doesn't log in).

Since I'm new here and don't have many posts, whatever is the easiest solution for you is fine with me (ie - if you think I should just abandon this account and use the new one and see if posting here gains me access to the wiki as well).

• 3 months later...

I made my profile by logging in through Facebook originally, and I am experiencing a similar problem. When I try to log in through the wiki, it says I am using an incorrect password; when I request a new password via email, it says my username doesn't exist.

I hope it is fine to post in this relevant thread despite the last post date being 4 months ago.

Archived