GoT: Season 5 – New Cast Members (Comic Con)

Prince_Snow

Why would it be too hard to cast Aegon?? He spends the vast majority of his screentime with Tyrion, who will continue to have the most screentime in the show. If they cut Aegon, they'll just have to give Tyrion other scenes to make up for cutting Aegon, meaning it is a redundant change.

That's really not evident.

Yes, it really is.

Spoilers for TWoW below:

The secret pact that Prince Doran had made all those years called for Arianne to be wed to Prince Viserys, not Quentyn to Daenerys. It had all come undone on the Dothraki sea, when he was murdered.

Crowned with a pot of molten gold. "He was killed by a Dothraki khal," said Arianne. "The dragon queen’s own husband."
"So I’ve heard. What of it?"
"Just… why did Daenerys let it happen? Viserys was her brother. All that remained of her own blood."
"The Dothraki are a savage folk. Who can know why they kill? Perhaps Viserys wiped his arse with the wrong hand."
Perhaps, thought Arianne, or perhaps Daenerys realized that once her brother was crowned and wed to me, she would be doomed to spend the rest of her life sleeping in a tent and smelling like a horse. "She is the Mad King’s daughter," the princess said. "How do we do know — "
"We cannot know," Ser Daemon said. "We can only hope."

Arianne's own insecurities, ambition and rivalry with Quentyn have given her a misinformed interpretation of Daenerys. It is very likely that she is going to ally with Aegon before learning of Quentyn's death, and eventually oppose Daenerys when she lands.

Why would it be too hard to cast Aegon?? He spends the vast majority of his screentime with Tyrion, who will continue to have the most screentime in the show. If they cut Aegon, they'll just have to give Tyrion other scenes to make up for cutting Aegon, meaning it is a redundant change.

There is no space for Tyrion to share screentime with Aegon. He first need to have scenes with Varys/Illyrio, than be captured by Jorah, than be captured by Yezzan to arrive in time in Mereen for pits. It is already almost too much for one season. There is no time to for him to meet and introduce Aegon - new major player if he is in.

Regarding TWoW spoiler, that is open for interpretation, i do not see it as set up for her to be hostile to Dany. It can be interpreted as she emphatize with Dany about being overshaddowed by her brother. Her following thoughts are about how she do not like Quentin all that much. I fail to see how it clearly set up her desire to marry Aegon and fight against Dany and her dragons. That would be stupid and powerhungry move. That theory about Ellia is far more likely, because it would be natural test for her about her political abilities, ambitions and love for her cousins. It would be very interesting to see how would she handle very important political negotiations while feral kid Ellia would play into her insecurities. Atleast for me it would be much better story then reading about her another idiotic political move with possible far worse consequences for Dorne then Queenmaker plot.

There is no space for Tyrion to share screentime with Aegon. He first need to have scenes with Varys/Illyrio, than be captured by Jorah, than be captured by Yezzan to arrive in time in Mereen for pits. It is already almost too much for one season. There is no time to for him to meet and introduce Aegon - new major player if he is in.

For some reason, Sean Connery's line from the Last Crusade "Well, who are all these people?!' during the scene where the brotherhood attack the Nazi convoy comes to mind. How they go about introducing Aegon and the Golden Company will be fascinating to see, alongside all the rest.

I have faith in the unsullied's capacity to accept new characters at this point in the series - if they're strong well-realised characters.

Three that have been cast but Oberyn does have 8 daughters as mentioned on the show.

And only three appeared in the published books so far, not counting undercover Sarella in Oldtown, which is not likely to be introduced before season 6.

Archived