No Arianne Martell?

lyannaisalive

They saw how crazy people were for Oberyn and said

Hmm how about 3 hot oberyns that will fight Jaime and Bronn

Yeap sounds like a plan

Can't wait to see how the folks who took a fan favorite and complex character from the books and reduced him down to an over-sexed and over-aggressive foreigner stereotype handle his HOT DAUGHTERS!

I swear to god it's like D&D's wet dream isn't it

Can't wait to see how the folks who took a fan favorite and complex character from the books and reduced him down to an over-sexed and over-aggressive foreigner stereotype handle his HOT DAUGHTERS!

But with a new twist!

They're all bi !

now that will surely sell

Funny thing is i'm bashing them now but when I'll see the Sand Snakes on screen I'll be fangirling

I just hope they handle them well enough that I can fangirl too :frown5:

I'm just hoping they'll have Ellaria Sand in seaosn 5 at least for one scene.

Maybe try talking out the sand snakes for revenge?

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ab41b9e382d9d3a2979510886c81cb63/tumblr_mvy8e6aO7U1s7x64mo1_500.png

I'm more concerned that Ellaria will be part of the vengeance plot, and there will be no one to preach a safer route except Doran himself. I hope they don't do that, because Ellaria's pacifism is one of the reasons I love her so much. If they get rid of Arianne and mess up Ellaria, I'll be heartbroken.

That being said, I know I'll remain bitter inside every time Trystane speaks no matter what, lol... So I best prepare myself.

I'm more concerned that Ellaria will be part of the vengeance plot, and there will be no one to preach a safer route except Doran himself. I hope they don't do that, because Ellaria's pacifism is one of the reasons I love her so much. If they get rid of Arianne and mess up Ellaria, I'll be heartbroken.

That being said, I know I'll remain bitter inside every time Trystane speaks no matter what, lol... So I best prepare myself.

tbh I'd be happy to see Ellaria Sand again either way win-win for me.

I can definitely see them doing to Ellaria the same thing they did to Catelyn :(

But yep, I'm with you on Trystane. It's gonna be difficult to not throw up every time he and Myrcella have their aged-up romance plot.

I'm just hoping they'll have Ellaria Sand in seaosn 5 at least for one scene.

Maybe try talking out the sand snakes for revenge?

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ab41b9e382d9d3a2979510886c81cb63/tumblr_mvy8e6aO7U1s7x64mo1_500.png

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that they said they wanted Ellaria to have a bigger role in season 5, so you may be in luck! Indira was a really good Ellaria, I thought.

Ugh, yes. Not even Martin managed to replicate Oberyn. I remember one SSM back when aSoS was released and a fan was saying how good a character Oberyn was, and Martin said, "Wait till you meet his daughters", and I'm like "yeah, no"

I think I would have liked the Sand Snakes better if Martin had written them as characters of their own instead of "Oberyn with teats". I mean, I like Tyene, and that's probably because she's the most different from Oberyn and the most original (though I think I'm not gonna like the show version)

What I'm sayin' is that D & D had the rare chance of improving Martin's writing by making the Sand Snakes more three-dimensional, but I don't think they will.

Oh, I don't know, maybe I'm judging before seeing them. Maybe the result is better than I hope, who knows

Ugh, yes. Not even Martin managed to replicate Oberyn. I remember one SSM back when aSoS was released and a fan was saying how good a character Oberyn was, and Martin said, "Wait till you meet his daughters", and I'm like "yeah, no"

I think I would have liked the Sand Snakes better if Martin had written them as characters of their own instead of "Oberyn with teats". I mean, I like Tyene, and that's probably because she's the most different from Oberyn and the most original (though I think I'm not gonna like the show version)

What I'm sayin' is that D & D had the rare chance of improving Martin's writing by making the Sand Snakes more three-dimensional, but I don't think they will.

Oh, I don't know, maybe I'm judging before seeing them. Maybe the result is better than I hope, who knows

Maybe i'm a bit shallow but I loved the Sand Snakes in the books :P

These are the same people who saw how badass Loras and Renly was and said, "people would like it if they were more stereotypical gay."

Preach it

The best part about that is that Finn Jones, the actor who plays Loras, has read the books and HATES that they made the character play into stereotypes. He thinks it's completely out of his character, and that it's camp that they wrote that into the show.

The best part about that is that Finn Jones, the actor who plays Loras, has read the books and HATES that they made the character play into stereotypes. He thinks it's completely out of his character, and that it's camp that they wrote that into the show.

never knew that.

Do you have some kind of link to interview?

I like Tyene, Sarella, and Elia, so I guess I'm shallow too :P

Only Obara and Nym bother me

How can you not like Tyene after the almost threesome(damn premature ejaculation) with Arriane when they were young :lol:

I want to see Obara and Nym otherwise they're only words.

I'd prefer if they sat down and played cyvasse tbh :cool4:

You and me both :cheers:

I mean, I love the Sand Snakes, I like how they each represent a facet of Oberyn's personality, but I'll totally admit that the way they've been written so far has been suuuuuuper one dimensional, with the exception maybe of Sarella, and even more maybe Obara. I'm looking forward to GRRM getting to flesh Nym and Tyene more when they get to King's Landing, but you're right, it's a total lost opportunity on D&D's part. I imagine we'll just see three martial femme fatales--three Oberyn's with teats--running around instead of the more nuanced representations of Oberyn's personality that we get in the books. And just think of that...how sadly imagined those characters are going to have to be on the show for the Sand Snakes in the books to be more nuanced.

(And yeah we are judging beforehand I guess, but given their track record, they'd have to pull a full 180 for us to not be mostly right lol)

never knew that.

Yep yep! Something from some convention recently. It's buried in my tumblr likes though so I'll find it later when I have a little more time

never knew that.

I think this is one of them, the one Dornish Vinegar was talking about maybe. I know he's mentioned it before, but not sure when.

ETA: Here's another quote from him about it:

He [Loras] is good, yeah. He’s nice. I still think there is a lot more of Loras to be explored. I still think he’s a much deeper character than the show sometimes goes into… and hopefully in season five we’ll explore that.

I think this is one of them, the one Dornish Vinegar was talking about maybe. I know he's mentioned it before, but not sure when.

Yep that's the one! Thanks for finding it. If you don't know nastydream, you can click the x after the "Is there something you genuinely don’t like about Game of Thrones?" and watch the Youtube video it's from.

Archived