No Arianne Martell?

lyannaisalive

This is an outrageous omission and complete butchering of the series. TV audiences aren't as stupid as they think, they need to stop pandering to them. Shows introduce new characters all the time, it keeps a series fresh and interesting. No excuses.

This is an outrageous omission and complete butchering of the series. TV audiences aren't as stupid as they think, they need to stop pandering to them. Shows introduce new characters all the time, it keeps a series fresh and interesting. No excuses.

Yeah, Game of Thrones definitely suffers from a dearth of characters.

Dorne exists for Aegon. Why would they even bother to have Dorne otherwise.

They might simplify the story by having Dorne help Daenerys crush the Lannisters and Tyrells, as opposed to having Dorne help Aegon crush the Lannisters and Tyrells.

What about the very probable DotD2 then?

No time for that at the end of S4 of a 7 or 8 season show (no time in the books either if 2 more books will finish it as GRRM claims but that is another story)

We still have allot of story to get through and having Dorne ally with Dany will be a very reasonable simplification that fits with their setup on the show.

So 30 seconds with a burping whore means they have hours to spend setting up a new Faegon plot?

I might be proved wrong but I think the Faegon story is a loop that will bring us out to similar eventual destination as if it had never been. Regardless of that fact it is far too late in the show to introduce an element such as this.

Yeah, complete garbage. It's not "too late" to do anything if they do it right. Regardless, this is the Arianne thread not Aegon.

No time for that at the end of S4 of a 7 or 8 season show (no time in the books either if 2 more books will finish it as GRRM claims but that is another story)

We still have allot of story to get through and having Dorne ally with Dany will be a very reasonable simplification that fits with their setup on the show.

No time? Try not enough budget. Battles on dragonback are going to be expensive to create. That may be part of the reason there has been chatter about ending it with a movie or two.

No time? Try not enough budget. Battles on dragonback are going to be expensive to create. That may be part of the reason there has been chatter about ending it with a movie or two.

Didn't GRRM say he was writing battles that he thought HBO couldn't handle with the budget? This confirms at least two battles (he said "battles") involving dragons, IMO.

Yeah, complete garbage. It's not "too late" to do anything if they do it right.

Well its not too late to wander off the story like GRRM has done and be little closer to the end, if at all, by the end of book 5 than he was at the end of book 3.

Assuming they actually want to end the story by the end of S7/S8 it is indeed too late to introduce elements as time consuming as the whole FAEGOn storyline.

@JL

How did the burping whore help with characterization?

And fAegon subplot is incredibly important because fAegon is one of Dany's three lies she must slay. And bcz by all accounts Aegon and Dany will fight each other in a DotD 2.

It made us like Ygritte when she killed the whore.

What lies? You mean the lies that were mentioned in the House of the Undying? Here is what I remember the Undying said in the show: "......."

Well its not too late to wander off the story like GRRM has done and be little closer to the end, if at all, by the end of book 5 than he was at the end of book 3.

Assuming they actually want to end the story by the end of S7/S8 it is indeed too late to introduce elements as time consuming as the whole FAEGOn storyline.

No, it's not. Stop exaggerating.

It would hardly take 'hours' to set up his storyline. Aegon was an excellent addition to the Dance storyline and it's obviously something that was in works right from the off and not something GRRM randomly introduced.

It would hardly take 'hours' to set up his storyline. Aegon was an excellent addition to the Dance storyline and it's obviously something that was in works right from the off and not something GRRM randomly introduced.

Excellent? The new Ironborn, the kingdom of Dorne, and the whole Aegon thing were things I struggled to give a shit about in the last two books. I couldn't become invested in their characters, so I just started to view them on how they would affect the plot. It was all very dispassionate on my end.

Excellent? The new Ironborn, the kingdom of Dorne, and the whole Aegon thing were things I struggled to give a shit about in the last two books. I couldn't become invested in their characters, so I just started to view them on how they would affect the plot. It was all very dispassionate on my end.

Good for you. Different people like different aspects of the storyline.

I loved all 3 editions (Dorne, Aegon and IB) and Aegon was a breath of fresh air in the books. On the other hand, I am completely indifferent to Dany.

Tyrion meeting young griff and figuring out his identity

Landing in westeros

meeting with Dornish

Conflict

Future 2nd dance of dragons?

How does this not take hours of the show to do properly?

Archived