[Book spoilers] Whats the big event going to be in S05E09?

Bettley

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the big events from FeastDance and what thing they could do for the big episode 9. To my memory reading the books, most of the really big stuff happens right at the very end, in the sort of episode 10/season 6 area. The only thing I can really think of is the events at Daznak's Pit. Other than that I'm kinda stumped.

IMO :

- Battle of Winterfell.

- Daznak Pit.

- Walk of Shame.

Will be the three main arcs of episode 9.

I pretty much agree with this. There's not really no event as big as, say, the Red Wedding, but if you stuff Draznak's Pit, Cersei's Walk and the Battle of Ice in one episode, I believe the outcome could be pretty exciting.

I don't believe we'll be getting the Battle of Winterfell, though. Only the battle taking place on the frozen lake in the Crofter's village, ending on a cliffhanger of who won. Then, in episode 10, we won't get any Stannis, Theon, Yara or Boltons. The only thing we'll hear of it is when Jon receives the Pink Letter.

I agree that Daznak's Pit, Cersei's walk of shame and The Battle of Winterfell will all occupy Episode 9 in Season 5.

I really like the idea of having The Battle of Winterfell and not showing the conclusion and then in Episode 10 having Jon read the pink letter, that would be awesome.

I'm wondering how they will handle the walk of shame as in will they have Cersei be bald like in the books because to me it would be like she's not Cersei anymore, and even more so when she suffers all that humiliation. It was a great chapter in the books but I'm looking forward to seeing how the show will handle it.

And of course Daznak's Pit is gonna be incredable and will probably be the closing scene of the episode. At least I hope so.

Yup, agree with the Winterfell battle episode 9, and then Pink letter episode 10. My unsullied friends are going to laugh in my face once Jon reads that Stannis has died, and I'll have to act like it makes me sad.

Cersei's walk of shame will be weird, because she hasn't done any nude scenes up until now. So I think they might even just skip it, if she doesn't want to do the nude walk of shame, and make it more like a Ned thing, where people through rocks and shit at her as she walks King's Landing.

Either way, this next season can either be a great one, or a terrible one. I hope it's a great one. :D

For an epic 'show stopper' like Black Water or Battle for the Wall there is only Daznak Pit, I mean if one is looking for something with 'scale'... there are not any 'shockers' like Ned and Red Wedding.

Seems a 'battle' has been mentioned , but the Breaking of the Siege of Meereen is only aimed for in Feast and Dance, and SEEMINGLY will happen in Winds...

I am interested in the taking of Winterfell but not interested in another battle in Episode 9.

They were up beat with the end of season 4, I could see Daznak Pit at the end of Ep10, with big pull out all the stops CGI.

I have even had this vision that the last scene in S5 will be a camera POV of Danny on Drogon with a freeze frame and a pull back sprawling vista of her, Meereen and the Bay.

I still don't know what they have Dany doing in Meereen till the last episodes.

(In the book she kind of marks time much of the while .... the Quentyn Martell loop is sort of zero sum, except for the escape of Rhaegal and Viserion which does serve a narrative purpose.)

End episode 9 with the Battle of Ice, and end S5 with the beginning of the Battle of Fire...maybe with Tyrion observing the arrival of Victarion. Victarion grabbing some random Yunkish slaver by the neck, and choking the life out of him off the ground with his blackend T-1000 hand would be the greatest scene in TV history, especially if it was Ray Stevenson as Victarion.

Is there no climactic moment halfway through either story?

No. Hence, why Martin divided the books by geography rather than chronology.

And with seven seasons, they're going to have to get through pretty much all of it.

Thing with the Battle of Winterfell is that apparently they were looking to shoot in Iceland and then scaled it back because of lack of daylight hours?

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/03/game-of-thrones-returning-to-iceland-for-limited-season-5-filming/

RÚV reports that the main focus of filming this fall will be landscape shots only. They spoke with GoT line producer Snorri Þórisson, who confirmed that the show intended to film a battle in Iceland in the month of November, but that with rewrites, the scene grew too large. Filming in Iceland in the fall poses some difficulty as there is a very limited amount of daylight hours, and so the battle scene will have to filmed elsewhere.

On that basis perhaps it will be early season 6 ala Purple Wedding or they'll do the general shots of Iceland and the rest in studio conditions...

Someone made a good comment that Iceland shots could and probably do relate to Brans storyline

Either way this should be interesting as we've only seen the build up to this in the books

A big ship appears. Suddenly, a group of people starts to come out of it... Arianne Martell. Quentyn Martell. Victarion and Euron. Aegon. Lady Stoneheart.

And Coldhands.

Not, really. Jon and Dany are in the final episode, I'm sure.

Nothing actually OMG I CANT BELIEVE WHAT IM WATCHIN'! happened in the ep. 9 of last season but the last one.

Based on the casting news and how much they are simplifying the situation in Meereen, I begin to suspect that the battle there will be a weak variant of the book version and not need to be showcased.

Perhaps then they will use the ninth episode of the fifth season to give us the Battle of Winterfell and ditch the "pink letter" plot device in so far as misdirecting the viewers about the actual result of the battle.

I could see Daznak Pit at the end of Ep10, with big pull out all the stops CGI.

E10 - (...) Dany flies to close season.

Daznak's Pit cannot happen in Episode 10. Dany has to fly off on Drogon before Episode 10, because Tyrion will likely spend Episode 10 escaping from his imprisonment, meaning that Daznak's Pit and Dany flying has to come earlier; I think it's safe to say that he won't end the season still a slave. And if Dany's Daznak Pit is a Dracarys-level moment for her, it will happen at the end of the episode, and no earlier; since putting it at the end of Episode 10 would mean that Tyrion would still be a slave, that rules out Episode 10 for Daznak's Pit.

I do think Daznak's Pit will likely take place in Episode 9. I can't see it happening much earlier due to all the Tyrion material the show has to get through to get him to Daznak's Pit, and I doubt it will be later for the reasons I mentioned.

Daznak's Pit and the Ides of Marsh are perfect moments for David Nutter to direct. I guess it would work to end ep. nine with Dany taking flight and end the season with Jon's eyes rolling up, revealing him to be a warg. I hope they do show the result of the Battle of Ice because that was one of the major problems with ADWD; it left us with too many cliffhangers. If Stan dies or if he flat-out wins or if there's a GNC double-cross, I want to know by the end of the season, TWOW or no TWOW.

Archived