GRRM drops everything to write TWOW

TheOldWolf

He's already written the prologue meaning the book has already been started, 12 chapters have been revealed of TWOW until now. He has been writing on n off since January, 2012 as per said by him after the release of ADWD. Keeping all this in mind I am being optimistic that the book is going to be released in 2015. :D

One more reason to be thankful for the show. I don't think he would be feeling such pressure without the possibility of D and D stealing the big finish of his magnum opus.

I'm glad GRRM won't be wasting his time on the show :D

Friends, instead of being negative, let's take the time to thank George for dedicating his time to writing The Winds of Winter. He didn't have to do this. He could have taken more trips, attended more conventions, and written an episode for season 5, but he didn't. Yet, of course, we're already bickering about how much time he has "wasted" doing other things. We should be very, very thankful.

:agree:

He's already written the prologue meaning the book has already been started, 12 chapters have been revealed of TWOW until now. He has been writing on n off since January, 2012 as per said by him after the release of ADWD. Keeping all this in mind I am being optimistic that the book is going to be released in 2015. :D

He has also likely finished both

Tyrion's

and

Dany's

arc, which seems to show good progress thus far.

What makes you think he finished the arcs of those characters? :)

I'll venture a guess that it has something to do with the statements about Dany and Tyrion's storylines. Them coming home, etc. He hasn't really said anything that conclusive about anyone else, that I recall.

The hints he dropped a while back:

Tyrion and Dany will be apart for most of the book, but will cross paths at least once before that.

Of course, it's not certain that he has finished them, but the fact that he felt confident enough to share that material indicates that it has already been written.

I'll venture a guess that it has something to do with the statements about Dany and Tyrion's storylines. Them coming home, etc. He hasn't really said anything that conclusive about anyone else, that I recall.

The hints he dropped a while back:

Tyrion and Dany will be apart for most of the book, but will cross paths at least once before that.

Of course, it's not certain that he has finished them, but the fact that he felt confident enough to share that material indicates that it has already been written.

I had hoped he might have said something conclusive on the topic at comic con :(

To me it's a pity that we don't get a Martin episode next season, his scripts are among my favourites.

I think that there is virtually no chance that Martin can write two books before the last season of the tv show airs (and maybe he will even need three to finish the story). There's no point in trying to end ahead the tv show, for that reason I would have prefered if Martin got more involved in the TV show instead of less. So I really hope he writes at least one episode a year again for seasons 6 and 7.

Not confirmed that he has finished their arcs but he mentioned somewhere a few days back they both meet up, their timelines coincide and they both are coming home (westeros). Now this does not necessarily mean that they are coming home in this book or even meeting in this book but it can mean that he has written material about both of them as well. Also the Dothraki making a comeback could mean that he has written about Dany because she is the only POV that can show us their comeback.

Let's hope that HBO decides to save the ending for a feature film, and they release that once George releases ADOS. That seems like a nice solution. A film would have a higher budget, so if there are some huge battles, they won't have to be TV-ified, and it prevents the ending from being spoiled, potentially costing the publisher and George quite a bit of money from lost sales. Plus, it could spark even more interest in the series from people who had ignored it since it was on HBO.

We should start a Change.org petition. Those always work! :laugh:

Let's hope that HBO decides to save the ending for a feature film, and they release that once George releases ADOS. That seems like a nice solution. A film would have a higher budget, so if there are some huge battles, they won't have to be TV-ified, and it prevents the ending from being spoiled, potentially costing the publisher and George quite a bit of money from lost sales. Plus, it could spark even more interest in the series from people who had ignored it since it was on HBO.

We should start a Change.org petition. Those always work! :laugh:

I don't think that would be great. The whole story of "A dream of spring" in a movie that would be 2,5-3h long, at most? I'd prefer 10 TV episodes, even with cheaper CGI.

To me it's a pity that we don't get a Martin episode next season, his scripts are among my favourites.

I think that there is virtually no chance that Martin can write two books before the last season of the tv show airs (and maybe he will even need three to finish the story). There's no point in trying to end ahead the tv show, for that reason I would have prefered if Martin got more involved in the TV show instead of less. So I really hope he writes at least one episode a year again for seasons 6 and 7.

Same here, but on the bright side...TWoW! I don't get to watch the show as it airs so I'm always behind on those things anyway. With the books I'm...less behind. I usually wait for the paperback versions. So given a choice between show and books, I'll take books.

I don't think that would be great. The whole story of "A dream of spring" in a movie that would be 2,5-3h long, at most? I'd prefer 10 TV episodes, even with cheaper CGI.

Not the entire book as a movie, just the final 1/3 or whatever would work for the format. The show is deviating enough, and with the way AFFC and ADWD are, it will be harder to match up books with seasons by the end. If HBO decided to end it with a movie, then they'll pace it out in a way that the story works and they don't have to cram too much into 3 hours.

If he is writing the prologue he might be close to finishing up. Correct me if I am wring but doesnt he write the prologue after the other chapters usually?

So now he probably has to finish up some of the last chapters, reread all the chapters, edit them a bit and decide what order to put them in.

Im guessing March 2015 at the earliest Fall 2015 as the latest. If he cant get the book out before or durring the next season, he will want to get it out durring the big Xmas rush.

Archived