Casting of the High Sparrow (Minor Spoilers)

Seer of Green

I'm very pleased with the casting of Alexander Siggid as Prince Doran. He's a tremendous actor. Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven is one of my favorite all-time movies, and it's also one of Orlando Bloom's best roles as well. I always envisioned Dorne and it's people having a distinct middle-eastern appearance. I also like the casting of Jonathon Pryce as the High Sparrow though I have a question about that. Isn't there a good bit of emphasis placed on the High Sparrow being young in the books? And with Pryce, does it mean that D&D are aging up the High Sparrow character or are D&D combining details from the other Septons into the High Sparrow?

I'm very pleased with the casting of Alexander Siggid as Prince Doran. He's a tremendous actor. Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven is one of my favorite all-time movies, and it's also one of Orlando Bloom's best roles as well. I always envisioned Dorne and it's people having a distinct middle-eastern appearance. I also like the casting of Jonathon Pryce as the High Sparrow though I have a question about that. Isn't there a good bit of emphasis placed on the High Sparrow being young in the books? And with Pryce, does it mean that D&D are aging up the High Sparrow character or are D&D combining details from the other Septons into the High Sparrow?

Apparently, not enough emphasis, since I don't even remember how old he was supposed to be.

I could be (probably) totally wrong. It just seems like I remember it being mentioned that he was young for a High Septon.

This is from the ASOAIF wiki:

Character and Appearance

He is a small, thin, hard-eyed, grey-haired man with a heavily lined face. Unlike previous High Septons, he does not wear rich robes or elaborate crowns of crystal and spun gold. Instead, he wears a simple white wool tunic that goes to his ankles. The man is truly devout to his faith and has an iron will.

History

Little is known of the history of the current High Septon. He claims to have been a septon who walked all over the realm. His heavily callused feet support this claim; they are black, gnarled and hard as tree roots. He often came upon villages that were too small to have their own septs and performed the traditional duties of a septon, such as naming newborn children, absolving sins and performing marriages.

I'm surprised nobody has noted that the person casted for Yezzan so Qaggaz... Is very very far from being obese.. Fat suit time I imagine? Unless they're changing his character a lot, as Illyrio seems to be in better shape on TV vs Book

A hell of a lot better shape on both counts.

Maybe they'll give him a funny hat or something so he stands out.

Yeah, I think they'll put him in full Pope-like costume to take advantage of how much he looks like Pope Francis.

I'd rather they keep him barefoot and in rags like in the books, though

I expect some non readers will confuse the HS and Qyburn, as the actors look pretty similar

I also thought about that. They will probably have to keep them apart scenewise. To bad, would love to se Qyburn in some interaction with the high sparrow about Cersei!

I'm surprised nobody has noted that the person casted for Yezzan so Qaggaz... Is very very far from being obese.. Fat suit time I imagine? Unless they're changing his character a lot, as Illyrio seems to be in better shape on TV vs Book

Book!Yezzan doesn't even have any lines. Show!Yezzan seems like a merge of Yezzan and his cruel right hand man, "Nurse", who interacts with Tyrion and Penny a lot in ADWD.

Archived