Football LXXXI: As The Saints Go Marching Out

How often do key players get rotated though? I'd like to get the views of the other boarders on this, but do the likes of Silva, Suarez, Aguero, Rooney, RVP get left out often often?

I'm not saying playing all the time does not leave you more prone to injuries, but look at Tommy V, barely played for Arsenal then went out and got an injury for Belgium ( which I think wasn't due to a tackle)

How often do key players get rotated though? I'd like to get the views of the other boarders on this, but do the likes of Silva, Suarez, Aguero, Rooney, RVP get left out often often?

I'm not saying playing all the time does not leave you more prone to injuries, but look at Tommy V, barely played for Arsenal then went out and got an injury for Belgium ( which I think wasn't due to a tackle)

Tough to tell. I went looking up some of those players to see how many games they played across the different leagues and Yaya Toure was up to 49 I believe and from our side, Mertesacker played in 52, but most guys seemed to be around the 40-45 match mark. That could be because of injury or rotation but that's what I saw.

Also looks like West Ham might pick up Carl Jenkinson on a season long loan. I like it.

I don't know who that is.

Whatever else may happen, I am pleased to see us upgrading our attack, which is badly badly needed and IMO our weakest point.

LFC sign Divock Origi. Like what I saw from him at the World Cup. Raw but lots of potential. Loaned back to Lille for the year.

Good signing, especially with you guys loaning him back out since he needs some serious seasoning. Super raw but at least he has more potential than Sanogo...

I don't know who that is.

Whatever else may happen, I am pleased to see us upgrading our attack, which is badly badly needed and IMO our weakest point.

He's a 22 year old RB who needs regular EPL football to progress beyond where he is today. He's good but not great and I think he could learn a lot about defensive positioning at West Ham that will make him a better player. He's also the fittest player on Arsenal and can run all day and then some.

I'm not sure that Jenkinson will ever be good enough for regular first-team duties at Arsenal, but a move to West Ham is good for him and if it goes ahead I strongly suspect it'll be made permanent this time next year.

I hear that West Ham, along with QPR, are in for Mathieu Valbuena for about £6mil. He'd be a great signing for either, but I'm utterly baffled that no-one better is bidding for him at that price. He'd improve everyone outside the top four.

I'm not sure that Jenkinson will ever be good enough for regular first-team duties at Arsenal, but a move to West Ham is good for him and if it goes ahead I strongly suspect it'll be made permanent this time next year.

I agree, at least that's what I'd say today, especially with Chambers signing. That being said, if he performs well and grows as a player with regular first team football, I could see us bringing him back. They rejected all bids that weren't loans so they clearly still have him in their plans for now. A lot of that will depend on if Chambers gets moved (Wenger seems to believe his ultimate position is holding CM) and if Jenks gets better.

As an aside, I really like Jenks cause he's a true lifelong Arsenal fan and he's getting an opportunity to live his dream. That's pretty cool.

I'd think it's probably more his age and that he's never played outside France. He looked good at the World Cup but he'll be 30 in September (apparently) so it's still a bit of a gamble.

He hasn't played outside France, but he's been in the CL quite regularly, and he's looked good every time I've seen him play, for France or Marseille.

Sure, he's getting on towards the end of his career but at the mo he'd be a perfect signing for Southampton, for example.

I don't think it's a given that Jenkinson would start for West Ham, tbh. Guy Demel's a pretty marginal talent, but Big Sam seems to really like him.

He has to start. I don't believe Wenger would loan him to a team where he wouldn't have the inside track of starting. If he played poorly and lost his spot, fair enough, but he needs first team experience and backing up Demel instead of Debuchy doesn't help him with that.

Archived