Weirwoods: Crackclaw Point, Door on the Faceless Man Temple

Heraldry: Christon Cole, Brienne/Dunk

Knights who say Nuncle: The Kraken's Daughter, Jaime III, Jaime V

Gratuitous descriptions of sex and food: Myrish Swamp, Dornish Peppers

Or... we could organise by minor character or fanboi trivia. Like this:

Pretty Pia: Pp. 123-124, 345, 561-562, 641-643

Knights who say Nuncle: The Kraken's Daughter, Jaime III, Jaime V

Gratuitous descriptions of sex and food: Myrish Swamp, Dornish Peppers

Happy Ent - I LOVE your organisation chart, though I am slightly disturbed by the fact that you have the Pretty Pia pages noted down so thoroughly....

Personally I don't think we can find stronger connections than Nuncle or the sex-chapters (Tyrions absence must bo sorely felt among many, many, maaaaany readers :lol: )

We could perhaps add another category - Not Getting Any (Can't/Won't/Daren't): Prologue (Pate), Brienne, The Sam-chapters (up to a point), and anyone mentioning Lancel... :P

Elgernon, give us time ;) Though am rather optimistic that ADWD will came out soon ( oh, this is so 2002....) and we shall have no time to do it ;) But yeah, maybe after this reread is over, which is why it´s so handy the AFFC threads are marked so, a brand new forum is a thing to reuse ;)

About 2 chapters a week, oh, hope it is not noticeable, though right now want to jump in, but need a couple hours to read carefully the chapters, then read and write and just do not have the time before tomorrow. 5 chapters a week you definetely noticed, maybe it was too much maybe it was too little because even so it took us a couple years to finish the series. Let´s see how this goes - and oh I never learn, but got suchhopes ADWD might not be too long in coming!

Happy Ent - I LOVE your organisation chart, though I am slightly disturbed by the fact that you have the Pretty Pia pages noted down so thoroughly....

Personally I don't think we can find stronger connections than Nuncle or the sex-chapters (Tyrions absence must bo sorely felt among many, many, maaaaany readers :lol: )

We could perhaps add another category - Not Getting Any (Can't/Won't/Daren't): Prologue (Pate), Brienne, The Sam-chapters (up to a point), and anyone mentioning Lancel... :P

Just back from holiday. Yes, I had a good time, thank you. Good to see you've got it all organised in my absence, and have just kicked off.

LOVE HE's categories and the LoL's additions :lol:

But this might be a little confusing, alas, since several POV characters' chapters fit more than one category, as has already been suggested. Brienne's in both Heraldry and Not Getting Any (though with a few near misses it would seem). Sam moves from Not Getting Any to Gratuitous Descriptions. And Jaime's chapters fit every single category, it'd seem, except possibly the Weirwood references: Heraldry, every now and then, Pretty Pia (obviously), Gratuitous Descriptions (mostly involving Pretty Pia), Not Getting Any (nowadays, sadly :( ) and Knights who say Nuncle. Personally I've no objection to discussing Jaime in five separate reread threads as well as in any number of other ones :P , but others might feel this to be overkill. ;)

You seem to have fixed on A as the organisational method. Fine by me. I'll be joining you in the threads as soon as I've got the chapters reread.

Personally I've no objection to discussing Jaime in five separate reread threads as well as in any number of other ones :P , but others might feel this to be overkill. ;)

I think it would be just kill enough :P Sadly, most people don’t seem to agree that the real hero of these books is Jaime Lannister. Sigh!

Speaking of the Not Getting Any category, I’m a little sad that Brienne isn’t even getting any in her dreams which are all full of death and distress. Is she doomed to be “the Maid†of Tarth forever? This is deeply unfair!!

Hello, I'm a relatively new member of the boards, and I wanted to join the AFFC reread. :) The problem for me is that my 'net browsing time is very limited, and I don't think I'm going to be able to join in a lot of the discussions, but hopefully you won't mind me lurking around. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived