which is the greatest single combat in westerosi history?

Lord Warwick

This is from the MUSH, so I don't know if it's even canon, but I'd love to hear more about it.

Ser Darmen [Tulley] (b. 100), who killed {Ser Borick Strong} (b. 93, d. 124), called the Beast of Harrenhal, in a trial by combat, m. {Serelle Serrett} (b. 103), raped and murdered by Ser Borick (d. 124),

Where is this mentioned????

Where is this mentioned????

http://www.westeros.org/BoD/Houses/Entry/House_Tully/

It's from the Blood of Dragons MUSH. Basically Martin gave Elio and Linda some of his notes and they made this role playing game, making stuff up as they needed to. Then recently it was updated after Martin had written the text that was edited down into The Princess and the Queen to make it more accurate. It's all but impossible to tell what comes from Martin's noted and what was made up by Elio and Linda. (Then again Elio and Linda wrote some of the history for the worldbook also, so some of it may be canonized soon.)

I will be very happy if Kermit and Elmo Tully get canonized in the worldbook. "Lord Tully" was mentioned in The Princess and the Queen but they did not give his first name :(

One I've personally had an affinity with is The Sword of the Morning Ser Arthur Dayne defeating The Smiling Knight in The Kingswood.
Jaime's account of it where he tells how The Smiling Knight's sword was so chipped and dinged Dayne allowed him to pick another one, to which The Smiling Knight quipped

Smiling Knight: It's that white sword of yours I want.

Arthur: Then you shall have it, ser.

*slow clap*

I think one of the greatest moments mentioned that has absolutely no relevance to the story.

It is plenty relevant. When combined with the memories of Eddard it shows how incredible a warrior he was and that makes the fight at the TOJ all the more important to the story. The fact that the greatest knight in living memory was left behind at a holdfast to guard a prince's lover while the dynasty crumbled around them is quite relevant

It is plenty relevant. When combined with the memories of Eddard it shows how incredible a warrior he was and that makes the fight at the TOJ all the more important to the story. The fact that the greatest knight in living memory was left behind at a holdfast to guard a prince's lover while the dynasty crumbled around them is quite relevant

I agree 100% but that's a post for another thread ;)

Archived