Will Jorah Mormont take the Black and be the next Lord Commander? (Spoilers all)

Guerillacropolis

There is no "rightful" owner of Dawn though. It doesnt pass down automatically, it is given to someone who is judged to be worthy of wielding such a blade. I think he has a higher chance of wielding Lightbringer than Dawn.

Id prefer to see Jorah find redemption within his family rather than find redemption with Dany. Even Jorah reflects on his crimes in Westeros and I think he feels the need to redeem himself to his family. But as said above, i think they missed that chance with Sam and Jorah never meeting. Now with Jorah off playing adventure time with Tyrion I think that likelihood of him heading to the Wall is heading more off course and he will try and prove himself to Dany rather than redeem himself and his family.

Dont some people believe Dawncould be lightbringer since it was forged from a fallen star

There are a few, but its a pretty far fetched one. I think someone at some point would have noticed that this sword is emitting heat and AFAIK noone has mentioned it.

Personally, im more in the camp of its not an actual sword and is more a symbol. But were heading a little off topic.

I am under the belief that Jon is the son of Ned and Ashara (I know, call me crazy) which if true means he is rightful owner of Dawn which I think he will end up with, thus giving Longclaw back to Jorah when he takes the black.

This is close to something I said on another thread. However, I don't see Ned as Jon's Father.

Ned did return Ser Arthur Dayne's sword, Dawn, to Ashara. (A most chivalrous act.)

Would Ashara feel she can trust Ned with what really is her most important possesion, her son? I think that's possible.

How to get Jorah over to The Wall??

Tyrion must meet Dany sometime. He knows how things are up there. Should Dany demand Jorah to prove his loyalty to her, how about sending him as an envoy? If Dany really means to return to Westeros, she'd be stupid not to know what's going out away from Knot's Landing. (Oops?)

In a mirror of Ned's act, Jon would be likely to offer Jorah the sword. Longclaw belongs to House Mormont. Sam must get chance to tell Jon about LC Mormont's dying wish. Jon stands down for Jorah to take over, which could unite the factions within NW.

Jorah has all the right credentials (despite the slavery charge.) Proven battle commander. Fearless fighter. Chip of the old block.

How to get the re-forged Ice up to Jon?? This has been touched on elsewhere.

The mark that the slave traders put on his face probably ruined any chance of Jorah had of becoming a lord of a house again again, that and Dany exiling him. I think one way or another Jorah makes it back to Westeros and survives the events and takes over and helps rebuild the strength of the Night's Watch (which I think will be destroyed by the Others). I think/hope that the epilogue chapter is of Jorah as the Commander of the Watch, helping to rebuild the NW and reflecting on the concluding events of the series.

That's at least how I hope everything goes for him. Knowing Martin he could get wasted in Meereen in the next book.

If he did join the watch and somehow found him having to battle an invading Dany with the dragons etc or if the whole Jon vs Dany type things happen, I strongly feel he really might turn cloak again to help Dany.

Unless he really sits back and thinks "wow after all ive done for that bitch, and the shit I had to just go through as a slave, fuck her"

But that only applies to the thought that Jon vs Dany the ice vs fire etc, one im not super big on

I really LIKE the idea of Jorah joining the Night's Watch and going on to become it's LC. And jorah coming back into possession of Longclaw. It's a really cool idea that I could see in a series of epilogues for ASOIAF.

The problem I see with it isn't that I don't think Jorah will survive the series, but that the Wall needs to come down for the plot to progress. The thing is sitting there practically BEGGING to come crumbling down as the ultimate Checkov's Gun in the series (next to "have dragon eggs?/dragon eggs hatch!"). The Wall needs to come down to build the threat of the others to an immediate one for the final book. Will the Watch be needed at the end of the series? Will the Wall need rebuilding? I guess it depends on that. If so, I think Jorah and Theon BOTH have a destiny there.

I don't know why GRRM would include that tiny tidbit without leaving the option open for readers to rejoice in Jorah joining the Watch. He's still alive, so that should be for a reason. Samwell being introduced to "Jorah Mormont, the rightful lord of Bear Island" and doing a quadruple spit-take all over the highest maester in Oldtown possible is too big a literary jackpot for Martin to skip.

He should, cockblock vows will save him from be friendzoned again :D

I'd say cockblock vows do not mean anything to him. They just would make him escape with the first wildling woman he finds somehow interesting. He could be one of the two men in Longbarrow though.

But I just cannot see him even want to take the black.

He should, cockblock vows will save him from be friendzoned again :D

Unless it's with Val. He does like the blondes. I hope there's a scene with him all bloody telling Val about the outcome of some battle, only to get that heartbroken when she asks him about Jon Snow surviving the onslaught of ice-spider-riding zombie bears.

Archived