What did you get spoiled?

#Turncloak

I believe we all got spoiled something while we were reading the books. I'm interested in what you got spoiled and what was your reaction to it.

I got spoiled the RW partially, I knew Robb was going to die at the Twins (wiki family tree :bang: ) but Cat's death was a surprise and it still pretty shocked me. Also, I knew Robb would marry Jeyne Westerling.

I was watching a clip from GoT on youtube while I was reading ACoK, something about Tywin, i wanted to compare it to the book. A comment under the video said something like - 'too bad Tyrion gets killed in the privy, I'll be pissed if he gets killed in the show, he's an awesome actor' - too late did i realise i read it wrong and i spent 2 books not knowing when Tyrion will die. Not to mention I was surprised when it was Tywin who died in the chapter, i actually thought Tywin would kill Tyrion from the privy. :eek:

From the promo posters and stuff i got Dany's dragond spoiled, as well as 'Joffrey is the evil king'. Wasn't surprised when Robert died at all.

I got the KL riot spoiled too although I thought it would just be a minor thing, not the let's-kill-the high septon-and-eat-him sort of stuff. After the RW I got Lasy Stoneheart spoiled but I liked when it happened nevertheless. And Jon's "death" - it was very anticlimatic knowing it would happen. Everything else blew me away naturally.

How about you?

I had Ned's death spoiled :( something I'd read online, I don't remember when. It was right before the books started mattering to me as much as they do now, but afterwards I stayed offline till I finished aDwD, so thankfully that was the extent of it.... well, there was a lot of build up for the RW by my (imaginary) friends and others around me, they didn't really spoil it, but I knew something big was going to happen. It was still shocking, of course, but not as much as it could have been if I were a hermit like I wish I was. :dunno:

Almost everything.

I started to read the series after the 5th book had come out and I'd already seen two seasons of Game of Thrones. I didn't mind it, I still enjoyed reading all the books.

Also, I just recalled that I read Theon wasn't dead and appears later in the books. Me, stupid as I was went to the wiki and read he is a POV in Dance. I didn't think he was dead anyway but this pretty much confirmed it. I enjoyed his chapters.

Ned's death. I was searching GoT news while watching season one and there it was.

ETA: Lady Stoneheart. I wasn't 100% spoiled but I remember reading Catelyn's wiki and seeing the subtitle so I closed there. I didn't know who she was until I read Feast. The reveal wasn't as dramatic though...

Also, I just recalled that I read Theon wasn't dead and appears later in the books. Me, stupid as I was went to the wiki and read he is a POV in Dance. I didn't think he was dead anyway but this pretty much confirmed it. I enjoyed his chapters.

He's the second worst in Dance, though his last 3 chapters have some interesting events.

Eh, my husband told me a lot of what was going to happen because I refused to read it unless he did (this was before the show came out). Spoilers don't bother me. I read it out if order, anyway.

I saw somewhere that Jon got stabbed to death. I heard that right before I started reading Feast. I went through the last 2 books just waiting for it to happen, but it seemed that someone was pulling my leg. I thought that it was a troll who just wanted to post random character deaths on facebook. I held my breath every time I read Jon's POV. I thought he was in the clear until the very last paragraph! I was so excited that he made it out alive, and then BOOM! Crushing blow! So even though it was spoiled, I was still speechless after that chapter!

Jon Snow's stabbing at the end of ADwD was spoiled for me. I was trying to be careful and avoid spoiler posts, but that one snuck past me. I was very sad thinking he was going to die, but when I read it I am now one of the hopefuls that he will still be alive. I'm pretty convinced that he will be back. What form he'll be in is what mystifies me now.

I was lucky, I didn't get spoiled on anything. My friends were great and just told me to keep reading and didn't let any secrets out. I was also lucky in that I was one of the first three in my little group to read them and the show hadn't yet begun so the mass reading of everyone else was after I had read them.

I knew about Ned's death. And something about a prophecy and a dragon. That's pretty much it.

My sister did spoil something about the show for me (something not in the books) but I accidentally told her that Petyr pushes Lysa out the Moon Door the afternoon before that episode aired, so I'd say we're even. :cool4:

I got spoiled by the first two seasons before I read ASOIAF.

Besides, I really don't understand this generalised obsession with spoilers.

To me, any spoiler on a topic I am interested is very welcome, it ain't like it's going to undermine in any way the pleasure or interest in it in any way.. I would instead be even more hyped up.

Sometimes I think I should found the first spoiler-welcome community on iInternet and see if there are many more like me..

I didn't know the details, but I knew Robb died. I didnt know when, so I got to experience the RW shock. I also knew Jon gets stabbed and during the whole aDwD I was waiting for it.

Archived