What did you get spoiled?

#Turncloak

Another Ned spoiler to add to the pile:

A friend was trying to be vague and tell he read this great fantasy book with a big twist - "You think this one guy is the main hero for the first three quarters of the book and then BAM! They kill him."

A few months later I read Game of Thrones and pretty quickly sorted out that Ned was doomed. It made for some bleak reading.

I've been fortunate when it comes to spoilers. Only had the Aegon reveal spoiled to me and it was my own dumb fault. As we know, he may not even be Aegon so when it comes down to it I may have had nothing spoiled to me at all.

My two other roommates and I were reading the series a couple years ago at school, and one roommate drunkenly spoiled the Purple Wedding to the other. Needless to say they argued for the rest of the day. I felt bad because he already had the RW spoiled to him from the internet. Probably the two biggest spoilers in the series besides Ned. That must've been hard.

He's the second worst in Dance, though his last 3 chapters have some interesting events.

Really? I think Theon's perspective in Dance are some of the best chapters in the whole series. Quite the transformation and very informative.

Ned dying, RW, PW, Stannis at the Wall, fAegon, Stoneheart...Everything. Curse awoiaf.westeros.org.

Although I suspect sarcasm is playing here, you can't blame a site devouted to the series to spoil people. You enter by your own "risk".

Instead, I think it's pretty reasonable to blame and curse all the assholes who post spoilers on purpose in random pages.

Well I saw the show first, so everything upto season 4 was spoiled.

Some memes ,friends and the wiki also told me of the things that changed from book to show: Like Jojen not dying, the raid at Craster's not taking place, Pyp and Grenn not dying, Donal dying etc

Also, the forum/wikia has given me some spoilers from TWOW about the Freys, which I'm trying to consciously avoid.

And I started seeing the show from episode 6 or 7, and that's why I knew Ned would die when I realized my mistake and restarted from episode 1.

I spoiled myself by exploring the wiki. I read a Game of Thrones in 2012 (I hadn't watched the show, didn't even know it existed at this point) andreally enjoyed it. Didn't buy clash until a few months later. A few things confused me so I turned to the good old interwebs and found the wiki here, which I explored and spoiled a lot (the Red Wedding for example, Tywin's death, Stannis at the Wall etc). Bought aSoS part 1 shortly after then immediately bought part 2 as well as aFfC and aDwD. Received a few more spoilers too, like the identity of the three eyed crow, the Ides of Marsh and the poisoning attempt on Dany.

What I wasn't spoiled on:

The Purple Wedding

The Moon Door

Ned's death (obviously, since I didn't know about the wiki till I read book 1 and 2)

Lady Stoneheart (I was kind of spoiled, but didn't understand who she was until I actually read the Storm epilogue.)

Want to add here. Try reading the stuff about Arriane Martell and Dorne etc. having only read to a Clash of Kings...I thought Areo was a woman :dunno:

SO MUCH. I watched season 1 and 2 then started reading the books. Things I can remember- the red wedding, tywins death, ygrittes, jons death/fake death/whatever it is. Basically half of the deaths.

I knew Tywin would die, but I don't know how. I saw a painting on I think the wiki where it was a picture of Tyrion holding the crossbow at Tywin, but it was in the bedroom whilst curtains blew to the right. It was so weird :'(

Also I spoiled Lady Stoneheart for one of my friends. We were talking about book to show differences (My friend hasn't read the books but was intrigued) and I accidentally said how Catelyn was alive but as a zombie

I recall some of the death in book one were spoiled (either Viserys or Drogo) don't recall. I knew that the dragons were going to appear because the teasers in HBO kept showing that scene post season 1, but still that scene was awesome.

I knew Tyrion was going to make it through ASoS because when I got ADwD and I flipped through the pages I saw a "Tyrion".

Btw, I unintentionally spoiled my friend that Cat was revived by Thoros. I mean she already had read the epilogue but she was under the impression that Cat didn't died at the RW and she was simply alive 😟 and I'm not sure wether that's a spoiler or not

• 2 weeks later...

Joffrey's death was spoiled for me. It's my fault because I asked but I wish I hadn't now. It would have been so much better to be surprised.

Oberyn's was also spoiled for me as well as Gregor (well kinda he's still alive)

Cat being revived. Although they just said it was a small thing so having her turn into a killing machine was a great find.

I was also told about Cersei "getting what she deserved" so I was expecting her death. So it kinda sucked that I knew something bad would happen to her.

I can't wait for WoW because then everything will be new for sure. I won't be watching season 5 until I read the next book so I won't let the show spoil it for me!

Archived