Small Questions v 10086

Stubby

Described? Jorah crowned Lynesse queen of love and beauty at the tournament of Lannisport. Are you looking for descriptions of what the crowns looked like or just that they exist?

I think R_T means what the crowns for the QoLaB looks like, or whether we know they are all different etc.

Am I getting confused with the show here, I feel like we are told that Stannis' wife almost dies of starvation during the siege of Storms End during RR, but then we are told that Robert sires Edric on Stannis' wedding night and Edric was not born till after RR... and I always assumed that Stannis was married before the rebellion because otherwise he would have gotten a better match, I know Florents consider themselves great, but there no reason for them to do so.

Wasn't Lord Ashfords daughter also the Queen of Love and Beauty?

I thought she reigned as QoLaB when the tourney began, just as Lord Ashfords daughter was the QoLaB when the Ashford Tourney began..

But if such, I suppose both the Whent girl and Lyanna had the same crown.. the Whent girl had it as the tourney opened, and had to give it up to the winnar, Rhaegar, who crowned Lyanna with it.

Am I getting confused with the show here, I feel like we are told that Stannis' wife almost dies of starvation during the siege of Storms End during RR, but then we are told that Robert sires Edric on Stannis' wedding night and Edric was not born till after RR... and I always assumed that Stannis was married before the rebellion because otherwise he would have gotten a better match, I know Florents consider themselves great, but there no reason for them to do so.

Stannis and Selyse got married after the Rebellion, though. a couple of years after, in fact.

That part about Selyse almost dying during the siege in the show was most likely just for dramatically reasons.

I assume that is from the show. It definitely isn't from the books, as Stannis got married after the Rebellion. I don't have a quote to confirm this and can't look for one right now, but you can deduce it from Edric Storm's age, since he was conceived on Stannis' wedding night.

The Florent's aren't that insignificant at all. Stannis holds a relatively 'minor' lordship on Dragonstone. Its probably comparable with the Florent's, who own Brightwater Keep and seem.to be capable of raising a large number of men (even after Blackwater, they make the core of Stannis' 1500 men, putting them roughly on a level with the Freys, who marry into powerful houses all of the time)

Is Jorah still Lord of Bear Island? I don't know of any specific reason that he would no longer hold the title.

No he's not. He was attained by Ned when he fled. Just like Connington wasn't the Knight of Griffin's Roost while in exile.

Is Jorah still Lord of Bear Island? I don't know of any specific reason that he would no longer hold the title.

No he's not. He was attained by Ned when he fled. Just like Connington wasn't the Knight of Griffin's Roost while in exile.

The medieval and even older concepts of exile I know of basically work like this: Inside the realm you are legally dead. Anyone who sees you there is allowed to kill or abuse you without facing any charges while the exile verdict is on. This made appeal legally very difficult... The titles are usually stripped off of the exiled, as if you were dead.

After a successful appeal (already very risky), it would be difficult to regain them.

Thanks. Did Robb remove Lord Karstark's title before executing him?

There's no point in doing that.

He died as Lord Karstark. His son, of he's still alive, is legally lord Karstark now

This has probably been asked in one way shape or form for a while but I want to ask it anyway....Let's say Harrion is dead. That means Alys is Lady of Karhold, right? When Sigorn and her have children will their last name be Thenn or Karstark?

This has probably been asked in one way shape or form for a while but I want to ask it anyway....Let's say Harrion is dead. That means Alys is Lady of Karhold, right? When Sigorn and her have children will their last name be Thenn or Karstark?

If Harrion is dead, then Alys is Lady of Karhold. She seems to have accepted her husbands newly created house upon marriage, so any child of Alys with her Thenn husband, will bear the last name Thenn..

So Karhold will pass in the future to House Thenn, should Harrion indeed be dead.

If Harrion is dead, then Alys is Lady of Karhold. She seems to have accepted her husbands newly created house upon marriage, so any child of Alys with her Thenn husband, will bear the last name Thenn..

So Karhold will pass in the future to House Thenn, should Harrion indeed be dead.

I'm not so sure. It would probably be preferred by the Northerners for Karhold to be held by a Karstark rather than a Wildling who, until very recently, was a very bitter foe to the North. Perhaps a second child could.be given the Thenn name and granted a minor castle on, for example, the Gift. All assuming Harrion is dead and Stannis is victorious of course :p

I'm not so sure. It would probably be preferred by the Northerners for Karhold to be held by a Karstark rather than a Wildling who, until very recently, was a very bitter foe to the North. Perhaps a second child could.be given the Thenn name and granted a minor castle on, for example, the Gift. All assuming Harrion is dead and Stannis is victorious of course :P

Alys is given a bride's cloak with the crest of House Thenn

Like so much else, heraldry ended at the Wall. The Thenns had no family arms as was customary amongst the nobles of the Seven Kingdoms, so Jon told the stewards to improvise. He thought they had done well. The bride’s cloak Sigorn fastened about Lady Alys’s shoulders showed a bronze disk on a field of white wool, surrounded by flames made with wisps of crimson silk. The echo of the Karstark sunburst was there for those who cared to look, but differenced to make the arms appropriate for House Thenn.

The Magnar all but ripped the maiden’s cloak from Alys’s shoulders, but when he fastened her bride’s cloak about her he was almost tender. As he leaned down to kiss her cheek, their breath mingled. The flames roared once again. The queen’s men began to sing a song of praise.

“Is it done?” Jon heard Satin whisper.

That symbolizes that she accepts his arms. If she accepts the arms, doesn´t she also accept the name?

Tyrek Lannister was married to Lady Ermesande Hayford because she was the last of her line. The marriage gave the Hayford lands to the Lannisters. Should both of them have lived long enough, wouldn't their children be named Lannister as well?

Als with all the betrayel that the male Karstarks are doing at the moment, the end of House Karstark by name might not be such a bad idea.

I assume that is from the show. It definitely isn't from the books, as Stannis got married after the Rebellion. I don't have a quote to confirm this and can't look for one right now, but you can deduce it from Edric Storm's age, since he was conceived on Stannis' wedding night.

The Florent's aren't that insignificant at all. Stannis holds a relatively 'minor' lordship on Dragonstone. Its probably comparable with the Florent's, who own Brightwater Keep and seem.to be capable of raising a large number of men (even after Blackwater, they make the core of Stannis' 1500 men, putting them roughly on a level with the Freys, who marry into powerful houses all of the time)

I don't think thats 100% accurate. In the beginning the Florents supported Renly, then after Renly died Tarly killed them all to prevent them from joining Stannis. So I don't think they form the core of Stannis' 1500 men.

I don't think thats 100% accurate. In the beginning the Florents supported Renly, then after Renly died Tarly killed them all to prevent them from joining Stannis. So I don't think they form the core of Stannis' 1500 men.

I'd have to check, but I am fairly sure that it is stated that the Florents are Stannis' core support somewhere in a Storm of Swords. It could also be from Axell Florent in Dance I'm not sure.

ETA: That wasn't really the point of my.post though. I was merely pointing out that a Florent was still a good match for Stannis

Archived