Small Questions v 10086

Stubby

Perhaps he's going to pull a Cersei ^^

I was actually asking because of character voices coming up in another thread, and in my head I was like, "Wasn't Baelish getting sick?" But it's more likely that perhaps things are moving too fast and he's drinking because he can't keep up!

I'm back with another pressing question!

So, I've been thinking about the undead, Cat and Beric, and I don't quite understand how their bodies work.

I mean, in Cat's case her soul returned to a dead, not properly functioning body - her throat is still cut, the wound hasn't been healed.

With Beric the situation appears similar, but... why did he die so many times then? If you can walk aroung inside a body which already bears a fatal injury (or more of them) like Beric did, then why does one more fatal wound kill you again? It shouldn't matter anymore. Kinda like if you stab into a wight; dead flesh doesn't mind.

Or, did Thoros somehow automatically also heal Beric's wounds every time Beric was killed, sort of like Moqorro healed Victarion's hand, so that Beric remained scarred and battered, but alive?

And if so, why the revival didn't work the same with Cat? Was it because Beric only passed the torch to her, but had no magical power of his own, unlike Thoros?

I'm sorry if there's something obvious I have overlooked.

I think Cat's was different because she had been dead for several days before she was brought back. Thoros generally brought back Beric immediatly after deadly wounded/dead.

Other than that, and how this magic is supposed to work, I fear we don't know yet (not even Thoros seems to understand why it happens).

I was actually asking because of character voices coming up in another thread, and in my head I was like, "Wasn't Baelish getting sick?" But it's more likely that perhaps things are moving too fast and he's drinking because he can't keep up!

Or he is struggling to control his desire for Sansa...

Or he is struggling to control his desire for Sansa...

Something like that! In my head I see one of those socially awesome/awkward penguin memes: "Plot to poison Joffrey worked, I now have Sansa" "Have to pretend she's my daughter, can't make a move."

Something like that! In my head I see one of those socially awesome/awkward penguin memes: "Plot to poison Joffrey worked, I now have Sansa" "Have to pretend she's my daughter, can't make a move."

Notice that in that scene, he also gives her more of a lingering kiss that usual too.

If Jon saw his brothers of the Nights Watch pouring from keeps and towers, he would have called them his black brothers, the Nights Watch or maybe even crows. If he did call them Northmen, it would be the first time in this book series Jon has done so.

And yet he said nothmen... So obviously 1 of my suggestions was correct.

I'm back with another pressing question!

So, I've been thinking about the undead, Cat and Beric, and I don't quite understand how their bodies work.

I mean, in Cat's case her soul returned to a dead, not properly functioning body - her throat is still cut, the wound hasn't been healed.

With Beric the situation appears similar, but... why did he die so many times then? If you can walk aroung inside a body which already bears a fatal injury (or more of them) like Beric did, then why does one more fatal wound kill you again? It shouldn't matter anymore. Kinda like if you stab into a wight; dead flesh doesn't mind.

Or, did Thoros somehow automatically also heal Beric's wounds every time Beric was killed, sort of like Moqorro healed Victarion's hand, so that Beric remained scarred and battered, but alive?

And if so, why the revival didn't work the same with Cat? Was it because Beric only passed the torch to her, but had no magical power of his own, unlike Thoros?

I'm sorry if there's something obvious I have overlooked.

Berics body was definitely healed, the fact that his body was not flapping in half after he was killed by the Hound is proof enough of that. Beyond the time aspect of Cats injury, It could also be different because Beric was already undead when he brought her back, rather than an alive Thoros.

Edit: One of Berics deaths was being stabbed threw the eye, when he was brought back he was still missing an eye... Maybe his brain was reconstructed but a "superficial injury" will not be healed??? So Cat had blood put back into her body but didn't regain the ability to speak???

In ACOK (I think) Tyrion and Varys make a plan to send some retainers/sellswords to RR with Cleos Frey, along with the regular Lannister guardsmen, to give the answer to Robb's peace terms. The plot is for these guys to try and sneak Jaime out. They talk about it briefly, and Varys says something like, "Yes, a thief, a prisoner, a street arttist, and a killer.".

The manner in which it was mentioned made me think that we should know who these guys actually were, or at least that they were mentioned earlier or would be explained later. But I don't think their identities were elaborated upon. The whole feeling of the conversation made me feel I was missing something. Anyone has any ideas?

In ACOK (I think) Tyrion and Varys make a plan to send some retainers/sellswords to RR with Cleos Frey, along with the regular Lannister guardsmen, to give the answer to Robb's peace terms. The plot is for these guys to try and sneak Jaime out. They talk about it briefly, and Varys says something like, "Yes, a thief, a prisoner, a street arttist, and a killer.".

The manner in which it was mentioned made me think that we should know who these guys actually were, or at least that they were mentioned earlier or would be explained later. But I don't think their identities were elaborated upon. The whole feeling of the conversation made me feel I was missing something. Anyone has any ideas?

I always thought that was about the guys who did try to break Jaime out.

The street artist imitated the Blackfish Voice, the thief picked lock, the killer killed the gaoler, the prisoner took Jaime's place or whatever that plan was.

I was always thought that was about the guys who did try to break Jaime out.

The street artist imitated the Blackfish Voice, the thief picked lock, the killer killed the gaoler, the prisoner took Jaime's place or whatever that plan was.

Ah, that makes sense. I knew they did try the breakout, I just thought that when Varys and Tyrion talked about them, we were supposed to figure out who these guys were right there. I guess the level of mystery and not spelling out stuff in the books makes me overly suspicious.

So was Jon Connington ;) that did not stop him from fighting for the royalists, though.

Yes ma'am--I was pointing out the countervailing facts. The answer is that we don't know. And as this thread makes clear it's an interesting question...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96425-crackpot-alert-might-lem-be-richard-lonmouth/

In terms of voting for a new Lord Commander in the Night's Watch...How does one person get all of the votes from a garrison he leaves behind? Do they make a list or something for those who can't be there to cast their token, shell, or whatever? Cotter Pyke and Ser Denys both vote for their garrisons, but were those 2 men just voting a bunch for themselves on each day? Then all of their votes transfered to Jon obviously. It just seems funny that the garrisons left behind couldn't be swayed or anything, like they were forced to cast the same vote day after day. I feel like this voting process isn't explained enough.

Archived