Small Questions v 10086

Stubby

Who are Hodor's parents and what caused the mental challenges if not possessed since birth? Was caused by something like what happened to Patchface? I don't remember.

Hodor's parents are not known.

Old Nan is Hodor's great-grandmother. Old Nan is known to have had two sons, who both died during Robert's Rebellion, and a grandson, who had died during the Greyjoy Rebellion. Old Nan also had daughters, but they moved away.

It seems to me that Hodor is the son of Old Nans grandson (who died during the Greyjoy Rebellion), as her male descendants would have been the only descendents who had remained at Winterfell. About his mother, nothing is known, though it is an interesting fact that Hodor´s birth name was Walder.

Nothing Patchface-like has ever been mentioned. It seems to me that Hodor has always been like he is now..

Hodor is Old Nan's great-grandson. His parents are unknown, but we know they are dead.

So presumably, Hodor is her grandson's child, since her granddaughters moved away.

We don't know what exactly is wrong with him, but its entirely possible he was "simple-minded" from birth

Hodor is special... Höđr, thick as a castle wall.

Just so other people are not confused, it wasn't confirmed in any way that Dunk is his great grandfather, although Brans vision implies he may be. Brienne is the 1 GRRM basically confirmed by saying we would get a big hint in feast.

Small Paul is pretty thick too. And that nose of his resembles Rohanne's...

I'm no loger sure if these are serious questions or lame.trolling attempts. If its the latter, 0/10, would not.read again.

Answer (why am I even answering this): probably not, since from.what we have seen South of the Wall, wargs are considered abominations. And north of the Wall, warging humans is an.abomination. So he'd likely be punished in.some way for doing so

Does Meera know that Bran loves her? Maybe Hodor knows from the warging?

Hodor won't be able to tell, if he knew, but I doubt he knows, as Bran hasn't shown he's experiencing Hodors thoughts, so why would it be the other way around?

Meera hasn't let it know whether or not she knows. And "love" might be a strong word, Bran is only 9, remember.

Hodor won't be able to tell, if he knew, but I doubt he knows, as Bran hasn't shown he's experiencing Hodors thoughts, so why would it be the other way around?

Meera hasn't let it know whether or not she knows. And "love" might be a strong word, Bran is only 9, remember.

I ship them all the same. Team Breema, woo! :commie: :p

How old is Pia?

No hints on that, I'm afraid. At least not that I'm aware off.

How old is actually old Nan?

A little more hints on that. Old Nan is a great-grandmother, and with the knowledge that smallfolk usually get married somewhat later than highborns, she'l have been between 80 and 90, most likely, with a small chance of being in her 90ties.

No hints on that, I'm afraid. At least not that I'm aware off.

A little more hints on that. Old Nan is a great-grandmother, and with the knowledge that smallfolk usually get married somewhat later than highborns, she'l have been between 80 and 90, most likely, with a small chance of being in her 90ties.

Did not find a thing on Pia while fast-paging...

I thought so. She remembers Jaime in the Tourney, she probably was around 10 there. So, 26 at least.

ah, there! @Rhaenys_Targaryen, she is missing in your wiki as is Old Nan...

Old Nan was said to be the oldest person alive in Winterfell. We'd need to find the second eldest person whose age is given. Small chance though.

Does Meera know that Bran loves her? Maybe Hodor knows from the warging?

Bran has not told her, however she is older than him and not stupid so its entirely possible she knows he is attracted to her, as Rhaenys said I think love is a strong word. However Bran does think to himself that he could tell her as Hodor. Personally I find it interesting that Bran thinks he can speak normally.

Did not find a thing on Pia while fast-paging...

ah, there! @Rhaenys_Targaryen, she is missing in your wiki as is Old Nan...

Old Nan was said to be the oldest person alive in Winterfell. We'd need to find the second eldest person whose age is given. Small chance though.

I hadn't add either of them because they are mostly guesses.

I'll do a search for Pia's tale about the tourney tomorrow and see what I can make of it. IIRC, she only calls herself "a little girl" or "a young girl".

Bran has not told her, however she is older than him and not stupid so its entirely possible she knows he is attracted to her, as Rhaenys said I think love is a strong word. However Bran does think to himself that he could tell her as Hodor. Personally I find it interesting that Bran thinks he can speak normally.

Why wouldn't he be able to speak normally?

Archived