Small Questions v 10086

Stubby

I thought Summerhall was at or very near the borders of the Stormlands, Dorne & the Reach?

Summerhall is less than 300 miles due west of Storms End, leaving Dorne you would take the Boneway, and you wouldn't get to it until you left the Red mountains, and entered the Stormlands. Tower of joy is by its appearance at the very beginning of the princes pass on the side bordering the Reach, but still within the boundaries of Dorne. They are a little over 300 miles away.

Summerhall is less than 300 miles due west of Storms End, leaving Dorne you would take the Boneway, and you wouldn't get to it until you left the Red mountains, and entered the Stormlands. Tower of joy is by its appearance at the very beginning of the princes pass on the side bordering the Reach, but still within the boundaries of Dorne. They are a little over 300 miles away.

Ok, ok. It's just that these quotes...

"Yes. And yet Summerhall was the place the prince loved best. He would go there from time to time, with only his harp for company. Even the knights of the Kingsguard did not attend him there. He liked to sleep in the ruined hall, beneath the moon and stars, and whenever he came back he would bring a song. When you heard him play his high harp with the silver strings and sing of twilights and tears and the death of kings, you could not but feel that he was singing of himself and those he loved."

Daenerys IV, Storm

It was said that Rhaegar had named that place the tower of joy...

Eddard X, Game

But I just looked at the map in Dance and I can see for myself that you're right. I give up.

So what is this theory about ice dragons? And what is the importance of them now in light of grrm's rerelease of his childrens story.

The ice dragon is Ursa Minor. The blue star in either the rider's eye or the dragon's eye is the north star. The ice dragon is also Jon Snow, son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen.

The Ice Dragon was written long before ASOIAF. There are overlapping themes, but the worlds are not the same.

But I could be wrong. Maybe there is a whole bizzaro world in the Land of Always Winter, with ice dragons, and ice spiders, and ice woodchucks, and ice avacados, and iced lattes.

Or maybe GRRM and the publisher figured out a good way to sell more copies of Dreamsongs to salivating fans like us...

I thought Summerhall was at or very near the borders of the Stormlands, Dorne & the Reach?

IIRC, the ruins of Summerhall is.where Robert won three battles in one day...I'd hope Lyanna wasn't ther. That would be.rather, ah, awkward...

why was the confessions thread closed ?

It passed a certain length/post count. Usually threads are close at 400 posts (on average 21 pages). That thread had gone on longer than that though.

ETA: 503 replies and 26 pages, it was closed for length

Where does the info that Whent and Dayne were Rhaegar's sworn shield's come from? I can't seem to find it.

I don't remember reading that in the books or SSM entries. Maybe the official app? I guess it could sorta be inferred since they were with Rhaegar when Aerys sent Hightower to find him. Would he need two sworn shields though?

I don't remember reading that in the books or SSM entries. Maybe the official app? I guess it could sorta be inferred since they were with Rhaegar when Aerys sent Hightower to find him. Would he need two sworn shields though?

It's not in the app.

Are you sure that we actually have this information? Granted just because I don't remember it doesn't mean it's not in there somewhere. I did a search for "sworn shield" and found nothing relating to Rhaegar. I did find that Quentyn had sworn shields, so I guess you can have more than one.

Are you sure that we actually have this information? Granted just because I don't remember it doesn't mean it's not in there somewhere. I did a search for "sworn shield" and found nothing relating to Rhaegar. I did find that Quentyn had sworn shields, so I guess you can have more than one.

Nope. :) It's just something that I've seen stated around here on multiple occasions.

Where does the info that Whent and Dayne were Rhaegar's sworn shield's come from? I can't seem to find it.

I don't remember reading that, and a quick search for "sworn shield" "Whent" or "Dayne" didn't turn up anything from the.books. The SSMs may be it, but good luck searching for that...could always try minchap's search thingy (which I can't remember)

EDIT: Read your.other posts, so its possibly just speculation.

Searching the SSMs for "sworn shield" only gives information about Myrcella/Arys Oakheart, and Joffrey/Sandor Clegane. Nothing on Whent and Dayne.

If I might guess, with the info from TRP that the heir apparent had at least one sworn shield, and with the fact that Dayne and Whent were with Rhaegar when he disappeared, has lead to people making the conclusion these two white cloaks were Rhaegar's sworn shields.

If this is a repeat, I'm sorry, but here's my question:

At some point in aGoT, Jon thinks about the wolves and about how Sansa's wolf is dead. How did he know that? The only logical explanation I can think of is that Arya sent him a raven about it, but there's no mention of that, and at any rate it seems like it takes a very long time for news to get to the wall... is this a tiny plot hole or have I missed something?

If this is a repeat, I'm sorry, but here's my question:

At some point in aGoT, Jon thinks about the wolves and about how Sansa's wolf is dead. How did he know that? The only logical explanation I can think of is that Arya sent him a raven about it, but there's no mention of that, and at any rate it seems like it takes a very long time for news to get to the wall... is this a tiny plot hole or have I missed something?

Jon receives news from the south every now and then. A raven from Robb or Bran at Winterfell seems likely. A letter from Arya is possible as well.

Such a letter is never mentioned though, but Jons siblings would not keep Jon out of the loop on things.

Archived