Small Questions v 10086

Stubby

Why is the World app only allowed on some countries? (I believe US and Canada).

I believe it's because the books are published by different publishers in different countries. His American publisher Harper Voyager made the app. If Harper Voyager doesn't publish the books in your country then they won't make the app available.

Looks like it's been about 7 years since I last logged in to this site.

I bought A Dance with Dragons the first day it was released, but it still sits on my shelf unread. The guy just writes so slow I decided to wait for him to finish the series before reading any further. I'm just too busy to reread that many books to get reacquainted with what's going on before starting the newest book. So my small question is rather simple... What's the latest word on the next book? Is it due around Christmas, next year sometime, does anyone know? If not what's the overall feel?

Thanks, Publius

I've reread it and now listening to the audiobook! There's always sth I missed

I believe it's because the books are published by different publishers in different countries. His American publisher Harper Voyager made the app. If Harper Voyager doesn't publish the books in your country then they won't make the app available.

Oh the joy of digital rights management.

eta: now that was very stupid of me to say because it hasn't got anything to do with it, nor does it further the discussion.

Oh the joy of separated markets?

Not any better, no.

I dont know how to say it. I think it is just stupid for the fans outside the U.S., that is all.

Thanks.

Oh the joy of digital rights management.

eta: now that was very stupid of me to say because it hasn't got anything to do with it, nor does it further the discussion.

Oh the joy of separated markets?

Not any better, no.

I dont know how to say it. I think it is just stupid for the fans outside the U.S., that is all.

I can get it in the UK

Thanks.

The app is available in more countries, but it depends also on which kind of device you have. For example, in some countries (like where I live), it can only be downloaded on an iPhone, but not Android (guess which type of phone I bought shortly before figuring that out?). But when I try to download the app by looking it up in the store on my phone, it will only tell me that it's not available in my country (while that is only partly true, for my type of phone, not for iPhones).

And from what I've understood, this Android thing occurs in more countries. Try asking a friend with iPhone whether he can download it to check.

Yes, I've just searched on an iPhone device and it worked. Guess what system do I use? Yes, android.

Thanks.

Join the club.. :D I discovered that an iPhone works in my country as well, about a month after I bought a new android device that I have a subscription for that lasts at least another 2 years..

I feel your pain...

I found this bit by @RumHam in the previous thread might have gone unanswered, iirc:

It does make you wonder what the Faceless Men would demand as payment from a bank.

The FM base their existence on the struggle of slaves to be freed, don't they? Even if that means being freed from your suffering the same way as being departed from your very life.

Still, on the political scene, I expect they would ask the bank to support the liberator of slaves, in consequence all of Dany's Meereenese regime.

Does anyone know what countries the Knight of the Seven Kingdoms book is already released in? (I seem to remember it does already exist in some countries,I just don't remember which)

I don't have a list of countries but it was mentioned on Not A Blog (sometime in April) that the book has been published in several foreign languages (without artwork). The english versions (US & UK) is expected in late 2015. Probably worth waiting for the US & UK versions (enhanced with artwork) since the book itself is comprised entirely of previously published material.

I don't have a list of countries but it was mentioned on Not A Blog (sometime in April) that the book has been published in several foreign languages (without artwork). The english versions (US & UK) is expected in late 2015. Probably worth waiting for the US & UK versions (enhanced with artwork) since the book itself is comprised entirely of previously published material.

Thank you :) It was for a friend who is German that I was asking, as they read the novellas from a library and wanted them as their own. I mentioned A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, as this would save them buying all three anthologies, and thought I'd ask here. Thanks anyway :)

Besides the tourney at Harrenhal in 281AC, are there any other crowns for the Queen of Love and Beauty described anywhere?

Didn't I do a crown-re-read earlier the week before last/upthread? I did, but off-page :(

I think there were no descriptions. Will check again though.

Archived