Could Theon play a part in the Stark revival?

Fireandblood94

I think yes, if Stannis spares Theon and Asha and allows him to return to the iron islands and claim his rights as the Seastone chair ruler. (He would name Asha's or Victarions children as his heirs, thus gaining the support of Asha, Victarion and aeron.)

Stannis would then ask Theon for fealty and help against the others/ Boltons in the north. Thus earning the Starks back their role as wardens in the north and undoing all of theons treachery in a way. Of course the north will still hate him but he'll remian out of sight at Pyke until death.

Would this be a fitting end to his redemption arc?

I think Theon could play a part in the Stark revival but there's a major flaw in your theory: Stannis won't spare him. Even if Stannis/the north find out that Theon didn't kill Bran and Rickon and didn't burn Winterfell, that doesn't erase his other crimes. Also, it's difficult to see what he can really do, given the state Ramsay left him in. Do you have thoughts on what role he could play?

The Ironborn follow strength (physical and charismatic) just as much as lineage, if this Theon theory comes to pass, he wouldn't sit there long.

He himself wasn't even sure if he could hold a dagger efficiently in one of the latter chapters if I recall.

Theon won't have anything else to do with House Stark, he will escape in the carnage of the upcoming battle with Asha and Stannis will be kiiled. Theon won't claim the Seastone Chair, he will be used as a political tool to call another Kingsmoot, invalidating the last one (see Torgon the Latecomer for the precedence). Torgon had the support of the priests, Asha and Theon will have Aeron's support. Euron has also alienated some lords with his cruelty and ambitions like Urragon did. The paralels are too numerous to not be repeated. This will result in Asha being put on it, or maybe one of the distant Greyjoy cousins

After that, Theon will be with his mother and his story will end there

I don't think he'll claim the seastone chair. I think he'll take the black.

Perhaps at some point. At the moment though, he's the literally the only person that can overthrow Euron without waging war against the Iron Born (and there really isn't time for that is there?)

The Ironborn follow strength (physical and charismatic) just as much as lineage, if this Theon theory comes to pass, he wouldn't sit there long.

He himself wasn't even sure if he could hold a dagger efficiently in one of the latter chapters if I recall.

Well, yes, he HAS been tortured, starved and mutilated after all. That doesn't mean he's always going to be so weak.

I also think you're underestimating just how respected Theon is going to be amongst the Iron Born as well. The guy took Winterfell with a handful of men, was abandoned by his kin, survived all kinds of horrific torture and still managed to make it back to claim his birth right? He'll be a hero to them. Especially if he kills Ramsay before he goes back.

He'd have the support of Asha, Victarion and Aeron. That's a lot of strength and charisma right there. Also he was the Ironborn who took Winterfell and had the balls to attempt to hold it. That would get some respect at least. Besides people are pissed with Euron in charge, a legitimate heir of Balon would be a blessing.

Perhaps at some point. At the moment though, he's the literally the only person that can overthrow Euron without waging war against the Iron Born (and there really isn't time for that is there?)

Not really, either Asha or Aeron could do it. I don't think Theon's mentally or physically ready to rule the Ironborn at the moment, and Stannis won't let him go free anyway.

He'd have the support of Asha, Victarion and Aeron. That's a lot of strength and charisma right there. Also he was the Ironborn who took Winterfell and had the balls to attempt to hold it. That would get some respect at least. Besides people are pissed with Euron in charge, a legitimate heir of Balon would be a blessing.

Vic wouldn't support him, he knows he's a much stronger leader. And Aeron thinks he's a weakling who's spent too much time on land. He wouldn't support him unless Vic dies.

Aeron is very traditional...he'd honour Theon's birthright.

But I don't think that will happen anyway, I very much hope the conclusion to his arc will be to help restore the Stark line. Stannis won't spare him unless there's a very good reason, perhaps Asha could procure some sort of arrangement? After all, Stannis needs more allies and although he's very clear cut about justice he seems to be getting less choosey as time goes on.

Theon won't claim the Seastone Chair, he will be used as a political tool to call another Kingsmoot, invalidating the last one (see Torgon the Latecomer for the precedence).

The Torgon precedence isn't for having a new Kingsmoot. It's for taking the throne by virtue of birthright.

So, no, it won't be Asha or any other Greyjoy, it's Theon, or nothing.

Balon didn't really take to Theon when he decided to return home from The Starks. Once Ramsay flayed him, didn't Balon disavow Theon for allowing himself to become less of a man? I can't remember the words precisely but they were along the lines of 'How can he be a son of mine now?'

While Theon's been at Winterfell, Asha's become the 'true son' Balon missed. I'd see Balon's wish being Asha sit the chair, that is until his untimely demise.

Now he's with Stannis, what state is Theon in? He's a walking version of a flayed man. I can't see Stannis having much sympathy. Using Asha and Theon as hostages doesn't mean much currently, unless something happens to Euron.

All Theon can do is clear up the whole episode of whether or not Bran & Rickon are alive. Even there, all he can say is when he last saw them, when they were. He hasn't a clue where they've gone.

This is where I see Bran, via Winterfell's godswood, trying to help Theon. However, so many will simply think Theon is just being crazy, as he is a broken man. He needs to remind certain people that The North Remembers.

Jeyne (fake Arya) still hasn't been made aware to Stannis. Besides telling what The Lannisters did to her, and the trick they were playing on The Boltons, she'd be able to clarify Sansa's status, but only at the time she left Kings Landing. Maybe all she could tell about Arya is that she was playing at swords with Syrio? Jeyne is then proof that, somewhere, Arya could still be alive.

Would hearing that the heirs of Winterfell are probably still alive somewhere be something to fire up those with Stannis?

Absolutely. Theon just has to speak up and say Bran and Rickon are alive, Ramsay burned Winterfell, and that the Boltons replaced Arya with Jeyne (which Manderly probably already knows). It would be great if Theon makes up for betraying Robb by helping his heirs reclaim the north.

theon sitting on the seastone chair and asha ruiling in his stead would be my perfect ending for him, and I think it's defenitly plausible. if he will then play a part in restoring the stark line ? I haven't actually put much thought into this before but I think if given the chance, he defenitly would. I hope he gets to help overthrowing the boltons for what they did to him and help the starks so he can find some peace of mind as well. I also really want him to reunite with his mother! oh god, I'm asking too much am I not ? that's too much of a happy ending! now i'm terrified he's gonna die again :(

Archived