Bakker XXVIII: A Hiding Place Soon to be Discovered

Anatúrinbor

Geez, that's a bit meta - he hasn't recieved word from Moe, he's hypothesizing what's happening. Not even believing the events themselves occured is pretty hardcore!

Or am I reading it wrong and it's said with certainty, not as a hypothesis? I read it as the sort of 'guessing the other chess players next move' inner monologue.

oh, was just fucking around, yaknow, AK is a lying liar who lies, &c.

slavery is transient but adollization is forever?

Really I'm not being a smartass, but is this how you speak in real life? Or, do you keep a thesaurus at hand so that you can sound like the smartest dude on the forum. I guess I'm not up to your level of education, but I need a dictionary on 90% of your posts. Just wondering your reasoning behind your use of words. Are u smug or are you genuinely that smart that this shit just rolls of your tongue. Only person I've seen that uses this kind of language on nearly every post.

Yeah - the Consult (or more specifically the Mangaeccea) are one of the gnostic schools. It's not clear whether or not Aurax/Aurang practice it or not, but the Erratics and the human sorcerers that they have certainly have access to it.

You mean it's not clear whether Aurang/Aurax uses the Gnosis or sorcery in general?

Going back a couple of threads, I also recall a minor debate on whether the Inchoroi in their current forms have a penis or not. (Jeez... the stuff we talk about here.) I don't recall ever seeing anything definitive in the discussion, but as I finished my TWP reread last night in that final interrogation scene it does specifically say:

With an inhuman, dragon gasp, the thing pressed its bruised phallus up across her stomach and washed her sunlit breasts with pungent, black seed.

So you know... for what its worth and all...

Lol Rhom!

Are you referring to where Solo mentioned the Inchies have a vageanis?

Also we have clear evidence in TFS. Titirga clearly makes a joke relating to the overly sized Inchie phallus.

Yeah, I think that was the discussion I was thinking of. Didn't remember us ever providing textual reference for it. In fact, I remember skimming through TFS looking for it because I thought I remembered a comment about it. :dunno:

TFS quote for reference:

Shaeonanra stood blinking, cursing. "How?" he cried, holding an arm out to the hoary majesty of Aurang. "How can you not see how small this makes us?"

"Plainly", Titirga replied, frowning at the creatures groin,

So basically the Inchies have the equivalent of an Elephant cock, the mind of a serial rapist and the sex drive of Don Juan!

You mean it's not clear whether Aurang/Aurax uses the Gnosis or sorcery in general?

Aurang bears the Mark as deep as any Quya, and he threatened to use the Agonies, which is a Gnostic Cant, on Inrau in TDTCB. As for Aurax, he was one of the six Inchoroi successfully grafted with the ability to work sorcery (according to an interview,) but it's not clear whether he actually uses it or not.

TFS quote for reference:

Shaeonanra stood blinking, cursing. "How?" he cried, holding an arm out to the hoary majesty of Aurang. "How can you not see how small this makes us?"

"Plainly", Titirga replied, frowning at the creatures groin,

So basically the Inchies have the equivalent of an Elephant cock, the mind of a serial rapist

No no, they just got rid of anything that would get in the way of them being lovers

(actually to better describe that process, they got rid of something things to do that, which made them less concerned about getting rid of other things, which...leads to a vicious cycle (with compassion going in the latter cycles). All started with the intent of being better lovers (and with the attitude from the start of the process that they are, continuing on to the current time period in the fiction)

they should be cloning themselves to make more inchies, FFS. graft a fetus and let it grow, conjoined-twin style, and then snip the fucker off once its bits are sufficiently dangly.

Anti natalists. The stink of pregnancy.

Which lends to their evil cred early on.

Then likely in the next book you get the reveal that it's because they don't want to have children only for those children to eventually suffer billions of years of damnation machine torture (possibly the inchies last compassion remnant is involved in this decision). At which time you might think 'they have a point'

Then likely in the next book you get the reveal that it's because they don't want to have children only for those children to eventually suffer billions of years of damnation machine torture (possibly the inchies last compassion remnant is involved in this decision). At which time you might think 'they have a point'

Perhaps they also saw the Womb-Plague as a favor to future Nonmen children.

This is probably a stupid question, but in the scene where Cnaiur kills Moenghus with the Chorae... was that on purpose? It seems that it was accident because he was started screaming afterwards, but he did take it out and roll it on Moe's cheek, didn't he?

But...

He reached beneath his girdle, into his breeches … His eyes leaden with ardour, he murmured, “I wander trackless ground.” Moënghus gasped, jerked, and spasmed as Cnaiür rolled the Chorae across his cheek.

Why did he reach beneath his girdle into his breeches if not to take out the Chorae?

Blackadder: Now, I want to make definitely clear that I am in no way interested in the contents of your tights.

Cnaiur: You might be, my lord, if you knew what I kept in them.

Blackadder: Uh, I think that I know well what a gentleman keeps in his tights, thank you very much.

Archived