The 2015 Calendar by Giancola

Calibandar

I haven't seen a thread about this yet. Giancola is a fantastic author but I haven't seen many preview images of it yet. Does anyone have this new calendar?

I do. It's amazing. Riverrun (June) = breathtaking. But there are several standouts in all honesty.

Can you say what the 12 pictures are?

So I have seen a gorgeous one, the cover, featuring Dany, which is unbelievably beautiful.

I've also seen Iron Islands and Arya at the House of the Faceless Men. There's also one of a couple on a boat, which was my least favourite so far. Riverrun is five. What are the others?

I also read it comes included with sketches?

Yep, there are sketches in the center -- let me see what I can recall (I don't have it on me right now but...)

- Jon and Aemon at the Wall I think, this one's pretty meh too

- Sam and Gilly on the Cinnamon Wind (the one you saw I believe)

- The Damphair reviving a man after drowning him "What is Dead May Never Die" (a pretty sweet one actually)

- Forging of the Iron Throne (this one is pretty sweet)

- One of a bunch of hands and swords crossing (kind of strange but an interesting addition)

- Riverrun

- Arya at the House of Black and White

- Tyrion and Shae laying together semi-scandalously

- Summer munching a stag beyond the wall with Bran and Co. in the background (another highlight)

- One of a castle, I want to say the Red Keep but I can't be sure

-- Then two others, obviously, I just can't recall right now... When I get home I'll try and upload some pics to photbucket for you. I can say it's well worth it, my favorite calendar so far (or possibly at least on par with Simmoneti's, which was stunning)

Got the calendar. It's very nice. Probably the best so far, as I expected.
Though I really like the one Ted Naismith did, with all the castles, and the Komarck and Simonetti ones were also top notch. Now that I think of it, the Picacio calendar was awesome as well, this is really hard to rank.

My favourites from this calendar:

*Dany and her dragons. The cover is the best one.

*Summer killing a stag beyond the Wall, next to a superb looking weirwood, with Bran and Coldhands in the distance.

* Tyrion and Shae

* Arya at the House of Black and White

* Stannis slaying wildlings beyond the Wall

'* Riverrun

* Jon, Ghost and the Night's Watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived