why does euron trust vic with his horn? (book spoilers)

reddy95

So euron just gives away his biggest weapon to a man who clearly hates him and sends him off to his only potential ally? Euron must have an ulterior motf behind this, but what is it?

Because Vic does what he is told, normally. Victarion followed whatever plans Balon came up with, and when Euron planned the burning of the fleet at Lannisport during their Rebellion, Vic just follows those plans. Now Euron has been elevated to King by the Iron Born and Vic is expected to follow his king, just like Vic followed Balon. Even after Euron sleeps with and impregnates Vic's wife, Vic can't take action against Euron because of the taboo of kinslaying. So, while Vic clearly hates Euron, Euron doesn't think that Vic will take action against him. Also, remember: Euron has promised Vic the Seastone Chair once he takes Westeros, Euron thinks that will be enough.

So euron just gives away his biggest weapon to a man who clearly hates him and sends him off to his only potential ally? Euron must have an ulterior motf behind this, but what is it?

Well the horn binds the dragons to its' owner, Euron (at least he thinks), so while the weapon is important to him, Victarion can't use it against him. He also has the dusky woman keeping an eye of Vic (we all assume, right?).

Because, as GRRM said, Vic is dumb... Whatever his plans might be, we should never assume that Euron doesn't expect a treason (I mean, have you met the guy)... I can bet he even counts that Vic might try something.

IICR, Euron did warn Victarion about the dangers of the Horn. At some point, he had needed to figure out how to make it work, and that's why he gave it to Victarion, so his life wouldn't be in risk. If Victarion managed, then dutiful obedient brother returns with a solution. If he failed, sucks for him.

How does the Dragonbinder work anyway?

All we know is that it chars the person who blows it from the inside. Other than that, I'm not convinced yet that it will do what Euron thinks it will do.

All we know is that it chars the person who blows it from the inside. Other than that, I'm not convinced yet that it will do what Euron thinks it will do.

I actually think it's possibility... And with Vic being aware of that plus his visions, that horn might be, and I say, just might be, the way for Tyrion to obtain the dragon.

I actually think it's possibility... And with Vic being aware of that plus his visions, that horn might be, and I say, just might be, the way for Tyrion to obtain the dragon.

I don't discount it. It just seemed so overly convenient: "here's this magical scary horn of hell, that supposedly came from the ruins of the lost civilization/empire that no man (except me), can look upon or sail to and oh btw: it'll totally get us dragons. Now make me king!"

I think the Horn has power (it did roast that guy who blew it) I'm just not sure it's going to work in favor of the Iron Born.

(however, I am a big fan of Tyrion riding a dragon so if it helps in that regard that huzzah!)

I don't discount it. It just seemed so overly convenient: "here's this magical scary horn of hell, that supposedly came from the ruins of the lost civilization/empire that no man (except me), can look upon or sail to and oh btw: it'll totally get us dragons. Now make me king!"

I think the Horn has power (it did roast that guy who blew it) I'm just not sure it's going to work in favor of the Iron Born.

(however, I am a big fan of Tyrion riding a dragon so if it helps in that regard that huzzah!)

No, I also am not sure that it will work for Ironborn... Or at least that someone can't find some way to overcome Euron and his grasp of that horn... Also, the convenience of that horn is basically none, because we know Daenerys and we can conclude what her reaction would be to that. As has been told so many times, plans laid out in such fashion never works. Having that in mind, we can say that neither Vic nor Euron would be owning that horn.

No, I also am not sure that it will work for Ironborn... Or at least that someone can't find some way to overcome Euron and his grasp of that horn... Also, the convenience of that horn is basically none, because we know Daenerys and we can conclude what her reaction would be to that. As has been told so many times, plans laid out in such fashion never works. Having that in mind, we can say that neither Vic nor Euron would be owning that horn.

If Vic dies in the battle for Meereen and Moqorro is left standing, he's met Tyrion, saw the Imp in his fire (standing amidst "dragons" no less) then he might hand the Horn over to Tyrion...hmm...

Actually, everybody expects that but Victarion.

Oh Vic... "where is this Dothraki Sea??"

Archived