Aemon the eternal

Wmarshal

What do you guys think Westeros would have been like with the long lived Aemon on the throne? I think Aegon would have lived longer.

I think Aemon would have been a very good king; wisdom sometimes feels like it's lacking with the Throne sitters and Aemon has it in spades. I can see his reign being a long and peaceful era for Westeros. Since he was obviously still alive up until very recently, a lot of the drama that happens before aGoT would have been prevented, like Lord Stark's and Brandon's death by Aerys; Rhaegar and Lyanna might still have run off together (since I assume Rhaegar would have been equally obsessed with prophecy no matter who was on the Throne) but Aemon would have handed it differently. So, the Baratheon's might never have sat the IT at all. I just wonder who would have followed Aemon...would he have married and tried to sire an heir or would it have passed to Aerys or Rhaegar (assuming both were still alive?)

He would have likely married, and Aerys and Rhaegar would have been of a cadet line, so Aemon would not have dealt with it at all. Hell Aerys and Rhaegar may have been nothing but mere knights.

But didn't a witch told them that the Prince would be born from Aerys and Rhaella's line? So, if Aemon had been the King, they were doomed.

Aerys and Rhaella might still have married; their children are just much further down the line of succession if Aemon married and had his own children. I think they would still be called Prince, just not heir apparent.

Aerys would have been the son of a fourth's son's second son, I don't think he would have remained a prince.

Are you only called a Prince based on where you fall in the line succession? Maekar was called "Prince" in the Dunk and Egg novella, IIRC, and he's the fourth son. You're still a prince of the blood, even if you're pretty far down on the line of succession.

Are you only called a Prince based on where you fall in the line succession? Maekar was called "Prince" in the Dunk and Egg novella, IIRC, and he's the fourth son. You're still a prince of the blood, even if you're pretty far down on the line of succession.

I don't think it's for the succession but because he was the son of a King. Was Egg called Prince? I can't remember.

Aegon and Rhaenys were called Prince and Princess because their dad would be a King. I don't know if they would call Viserys and Dany's children also princes.

That is cool someone made a thread about this. As I had been thinking about this after it was mentioned in the, what would you have done, thread.

I think Aemon's rule would have been a peaceful era, as he would have ruled wisely. He also most likely would have kept Brynden Rivers as his Hand, although he most likely would have done things his own way. The thing we do not really get is, how was his relationship with Bloodraven before he went north of the wall.

Aemon could have married, but also he might have been like Baelor, thus leaving as his heir a descendant of Aegon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived