New pic from TWOIAF

Nozlym

at georgres not a blog he has a pic of the inside of the cover depicting awesomeness. http://grrm.livejournal.com/

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/grrm/7059164/210796/210796_original.jpg

now lets speculate where this actually is

my first thought was valyria, with the statues of dragons

but as i keep looking at it, it looks really cold, so it could also be our first pic of the lands of always winter and where the mysterious Others sleep tight

It looks like Dragonstone to me.

hmm u could very much be on the ball with that

as i look closer it does look like water is at the base with a boat

thought it was ice at first

Plus, there is what appears to be a mountain in the background which is probably Dragonmount.

i thought it could have just been a random mountain way up north with possibly more around but u just arent able to see with it seeing to be a very cloudy day

it just looks so eerie that i thought it had to be the Others domain

but with the birds also flying around in the picture i know it cant be up north so DS it is.

Note Robert's warhammer in the background. :)

It is indeed Dragonstone, by Phillip Straub. He has a small version of it on his site, image 51 in the gallery.

He's contributed another piece depicting a different place, as well... in fact, I see a not-final version of it is in the gallery too. ;)

Note Robert's warhammer in the background. :)

It is indeed Dragonstone, by Phillip Straub. He has a small version of it on his site, image 51 in the gallery.

He's contributed another piece depicting a different place, as well... in fact, I see a not-final version of it is in the gallery too. ;)

I'm having a difficult time picking up Roberts warhammer, where is it? Left or right page?

Oops, thought you ment the war hammer was in the book picture

Archived