Where is the kindly old man?

Tyrion's Third Wife

Was 'old' in his name?

Seems it was just Kindly Man.

From a posting today (not the old one) it seems Tom Wlaschiha , without being explicit about it, will be back, and I am guessing, as we

have guessed all along, will be the Kindly Man.

I had to check , in Clash, when Jaqen gives Arya the coin, the dialog in the book is almost the same as the show, he does tell her..

"... if you want to find ME again."

In the books no other name is given the Kindly Man , that I know of. So.

Like some of the other story lines, some or at least one, Braavos character also needs casting.

Although he is always referred to simply as the 'Kindly Man', he is old too. This is referred to in the books when Arya first meets him and he is in some sort of sinister disguise. After Arya follows his instructions, his face melts away and he turns into "the kindliest old man she had ever seen".

Was 'old' in his name?

Seems it was just Kindly Man.

From a posting today (not the old one) it seems Tom Wlaschiha , without being explicit about it, will be back, and I am guessing, as we

have guessed all along, will be the Kindly Man.

I had to check , in Clash, when Jaqen gives Arya the coin, the dialog in the book is almost the same as the show, he does tell her..

"... if you want to find ME again."

In the books no other name is given the Kindly Man , that I know of. So.

Like some of the other story lines, some or at least one, Braavos character also needs casting.

Can I ask what recent posting you were referring to here? Thanks in advance for any help. :cheers:

Although he is always referred to simply as the 'Kindly Man', he is old too. This is referred to in the books when Arya first meets him and he is in some sort of sinister disguise. After Arya follows his instructions, his face melts away and he turns into "the kindliest old man she had ever seen".

I would also keep in mind that some of the kids in these books aren't that reliable for judging who is 'old'. IIRC, Sansa described Beric Dondarrion as 'old' because he was........OMG!! 22, LOL I'm thinking as that as the books go on, the youngin's are getting a little better at judging age, and Arya didn't seem as put off by the idea of a 22 year old in general, but for the Stark Girls.......age seems to be a bit in the eye of the beholder. I point this out because I'm not sure I EVER thought of 22 years old as well.......OLD.

But wasn't he included in that casting call?

I do think it was specifically the Waif included in a casting call.

Here are a couple of the old articles about TW returning in season 5. I'm still trying to find out if there is any new information out this past week, I'm not that great at knowing the best places to look though, LOL

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/23/familiar-face-returning-game-thrones-season-5/

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/06/game-of-thrones-season-5-character.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I do think it was specifically the Waif included in a casting call.

Here are a couple of the old articles about TW returning in season 5. I'm still trying to find out if there is any new information out this past week, I'm not that great at knowing the best places to look though, LOL

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/23/familiar-face-returning-game-thrones-season-5/

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/06/game-of-thrones-season-5-character.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Besides Arya , Kindly Man and Waif there are only three speaking roles , except for the FM 'council' meeting, which may occur this season, in the House of Black and White.

I had forgotten about The Waif casting call.

Arya's story is only 5 chapters across 2 books, but it is very rich , if they do only part of Arya's 'in Braavos' training, a lot of small roles , tho won't be as many characters as in the books.

Wonder when shooting for Arya starts?

Archived