Could Dany be Azor Ahai?

1. Melisandre sees Jon in her flames when she searches for Azor Ahai.

2. Jon has a dream that he is holding a flaming sword and fighting the dead.

3. Jon scoffs at Melisandre's vision of "a promised prince, born in smoke and salt" right before he is stabbed amongst smoke and salt.

4. Mormont's raven calls him "King Jon Snow"...the first time the bird has ever call him by his full name.

Then you have examples if foreshadowing:

1. Jon says that a sword like Lightbringer would be useful on the Wall.

2. Gilly kneels and Jon tells her that she didn't need to because "that's only for kings".

3. Jon says "Mance's blood is no more royal than mine".

4. Dragons are mentioned and Jon can see them.

So we get a lot of hints, big and little, that Jon is Azor Ahai and also the King in ADWD.

I dont believe Jon is Azor Ahai but Lightbringer.

I don't see how anyone could "wield" another human being.

I m saying that Lightbringer is not a sword,it has a metaphorical meaning.Schmendick made an awesome thread about it,you should check it out ,i tend to believe Azor Ahai s identity is complicated.He can be Azor Ahai but who is Jon s Nissa then=Ygritte,Val?

I m saying that Lightbringer is not a sword,it has a metaphorical meaning.Schmendick made an awesome thread about it,you should check it out ,i tend to believe Azor Ahai s identity is complicated.He can be Azor Ahai but who is Jon s Nissa then=Ygritte,Val?

I couldn't say, considering we haven't quite gotten to that part yet. But I don't see Lightbringer being metaphorical. Too many people are expecting a sword...Aemon, Melisandre, Thoros, Salladhor Saan...all of them know about the legends, and all of them are thinking "Lightbringer is a sword, the one who wields it is Azor Ahai reborn". Aemon and Salladhor both said that Stannis' sword is wrong, that it should be emitting heat. I think the problem with a metaphor in relation to Lightbringer is that no one would believe the person is Azor Ahai reborn if he/she didn't have a sword that emits heat.

Archived