Football LXXXII: It begins with the Community Shield

Mexal

Looks like Arsenal and Barcelona have agreed to a 15m deal for Vermaelen. Very happy he's going to Barca and not United. Good luck to him. Now we just need a CB and DM.

So, Barca signs Suarez and Vermaelen for a total of what? 90m£?

Who did they sell? Sanchez to Arsenal for 20-25m£?

Did they sign/sell anyone else?

Legia decision seems very harsh, particularly when there's precedent for letting a team off with a fine for genuine error. The guy skipped three games but hadn't been officially registered on the squad for one of them.

is the columbian player really ready to throw himself to the ground violently with any inkling of supposed contact? is he ready to aimlessly cross the ball into the stands? is he prepared to wave his arms around and shake his head when he gives the ball up?

He'll do you one better, and get into catfights.

Eta: Come to think of it, maybe birdfights had been more appropriate, seeing how he was facing the mighty Dodo.

Eta 2: While we are talking about the animal kingdom, y'all really shouldn't have ignored Inter's opposition, they might be uncomfortable on land, but they are deadly in the water.

So, Barca signs Suarez and Vermaelen for a total of what? 90m£?

Who did they sell? Sanchez to Arsenal for 20-25m£?

Did they sign/sell anyone else?

IN: Mathieu, Suarez, Rakitic, Ter Stegen, Bravo, Vermaelen

OUT: Sanchez, Fabregas, Valdez (FT) plus some young flops like Tello, Krkic and Cuenca.

IN: Mathieu, Suarez, Rakitic, Ter Stegen, Bravo, Vermaelen

OUT: Sanchez, Fabregas, Valdez (FT) plus some young flops like Tello, Krkic and Cuenca.

Yeah, I sure forgot a lot :lol:

That's a fair bit of transfer activity for a club that was given a suspension for this transfer window ;)

What's their balance in this transfer window at the moment?

If I remember correctly, they got 20-25m£ for Sanchez, 30-ish m£ for Fabregas... How much did they get for the rest?

Suarez was 75m£, someone said they got Vermaelen for 15m£. The rest?

Yeah, I sure forgot a lot :lol:

That's a fair bit of transfer activity for a club that was given a suspension for this transfer window ;)

What's their balance in this transfer window at the moment?

If I remember correctly, they got 20-25m£ for Sanchez, 30-ish m£ for Fabregas... How much did they get for the rest?

Suarez was 75m£, someone said they got Vermaelen for 15m£. The rest?

Possible upcoming ban next summer is the reason for such transfer activity.

They got more for Sanchez, than for Fabregas, I believe. I think they got over 70mil euros for both of them combined. Others let for much less or for free. Suarez cost was not offically released, but a week ago or so Barcelona president stated it was "just" 80 mil. euros. Others were not that expensive Rakitic for 20mil euros was steal, IMO. Mathieu was a little overpriced (not because of ability, but because of age) for 20mil euros. Ter Stegen and Bravo came for 12 mil each. Board also wanted to buy someone to replace Alves, but otherwise we are set.

------------------------------------Ter Stegen/Bravo----------------------------------------

Alves/Montoya ---- Pique/Bartra - ---Mathieu/Vermaelen - ----Alba/Adriano

---------------------------------Busqets/Mascherano--------------------------------------

-----------Rakitic/Xavi ------------------------------------Iniesta/Rafinha----------------

-----Messi/Rafinha ----------Suarez/Pedro -----------Neymar/Deulofeu--------

Plus we have very talented young players like Samper,Halilovic or Grimaldo ready to help :). Really the only potential problem I see is at RB, if Alves form continues to drop.

IN:

• Suarez 80m€ (i remember the number at 88m€, but let's go with 80 for now)
  • Rakitic 20m€
  • Mathieu 20m€
  • Vermaelen 19m€ (~15m£ that were mentioned earlier)
  • Ter Stegen 12m€
  • Bravo 12m€
  • TOTAL: 163m€ :blink:

OUT:

• Sanchez and Fabregas 70m€
  • Valdez free
  • Krkic ?
  • Tello's loan ?
  • Cuenca ?
  • Puyol retired
  • TOTAL: 70m€ + ? + ? + ?

At the moment, we have Barca 93m€* in the red for this transfer window.

*less, because of income from sending Krkic, Cuenca and Tello's on their way, but still.

I'm surprised that Barcelona chose Vermaelen over Agger. They seem like similar players but with Agger being slightly less injury prone and less culpable for conceding heavy scorelines. But I'm reasonably glad if neither go to ManU and we get to watch Evans/Smalling/Jones reprising the three stooges.

Reus, Mueller, Falcao or Cavani. Any day now.

Yeah, all were back this week

Strange. Shirley is back too for cfc which means it's probably just the arsenal boys not back until next week.

On another note, really idiotic responses to an arteta interview over on twitter, people might want an upgrade, but saying he's useless and we need to sell is idiotic.

Strange. Shirley is back too for cfc which means it's probably just the arsenal boys not back until next week.

On another note, really idiotic responses to an arteta interview over on twitter, people might want an upgrade, but saying he's useless and we need to sell is idiotic.

I hate Arsenal fans sometimes. Fucking idiots. No one should hear that kind of abuse.

I knew they wouldn't be playing until the second game of the season, but not even back in training yet? Wenger being lenient I guess?

Archived