Would you recast any character?

Ingelheim

By the way, you people realize the Jon Snow from the books is actually a short guy, don't you? Probably 5'8. Both Stannis and Tycho towered over him. In my own Spanish version they say Stannis is 6 inches taller than him, but that's probably not in the original one.

By the way, you people realize the Jon Snow from the books is actually a short guy, don't you? Probably 5'8. Both Stannis and Tycho towered over him. In my own Spanish version they say Stannis is 6 inches taller than him, but that's probably not in the original one.

This. He's shorter than Robb, and Mormont says he will have to wear Longclaw over his back until he gains a few inches. He's never described as tall by anyone.

Renly - with a taller, better-looking and more charismatic actor.

Littlefinger, possibly with James Callis or Michael Sheen, but in any case, an actor who will not speak in a low, growling voice.

Illyrio, with someone who's actually overweight, perhaps Ian McNiece.

You know, either before season 2 or , maybe, 3, there was an article about 10 actors who turned down , for one reason or another, a part on the show.

I believe the fan choice for Mance Rayder turned down the role, seems to have been offered to him , maybe first.

So one could have a recast and it be turned down.

You know, either before season 2 or , maybe, 3, there was an article about 10 actors who turned down , for one reason or another, a part on the show.

I believe the fan choice for Mance Rayder turned down the role, seems to have been offered to him , maybe first.

So one could have a recast and it be turned down.

I think you are talking about Dominic West, but he didn't turn down the show; his agent understood wrong the schedule (he thought Dominic had to spend a few months in Iceland when in reality it was just a few weeks) so he turned it down.

Renly - with a taller, better-looking and more charismatic actor.

Littlefinger, possibly with James Callis or Michael Sheen, but in any case, an actor who will not speak in a low, growling voice.

Illyrio, with someone who's actually overweight, perhaps Ian McNiece.

I don't how to say this, but...

Mel also towers over Jon in the books. People just want a tall hero, shallow but true. I actually like Kit. Can't imagine any other Jon Snow.

Yeah , I was just joking around. That being said I never pictured Jon as short, just average height for a 14-16 year old kid. Kit is playing a 3 years older version of Jon and every male actor he has a scene with appears to just tower over him.

I love Aidan when he's on form - it's when the accent mid sentence goes awry that bothers me on occasion. Michael Sheen would have been great though.

I'd re-cast Ramsay Bolton (or get him a dialogue coach to make his accent more 'baseborn') and possibly I'd recast 'Yara' too.

Archived