Would you recast any character?

Ingelheim

Loras Tyrell. The right looks but a bit more bulk on him would've made him more convincing in his role as a knight of his stature. On a couple of occasions while in full armor and carrying weapons he looked a little unwieldy carrying all that weight on horseback.

Loras is not supposed to be some great bulky, burly knight. He's a 16 year old described as slim, and that is when he is in his armour.

Ser Loras Tyrell was slender as a reed, dressed in a suit of fabulous silver armor polished to a blinding sheen and filigreed with twining black vines and tiny blue forget-me-nots. The commons realized in the same instant as Ned that the blue of the flowers came from sapphires; a gasp went up from a thousand throats. Across the boy’s shoulders his cloak hung heavy. It was woven of forget-me-nots, real ones, hundreds of fresh blooms sewn to a heavy woolen cape.

Out of his armour he looks smaller/younger

The shout came from the west side of the hall as a handsome stripling of a boy strode forth boldly. Out of his armor, Ser Loras Tyrell looked even younger than his sixteen years

Mance rayder , I have no such problem with the current actor but he just isn't mance enough (he is also a bit too old 62!!), We needed a young and charismatic actor for the role and also cat , Cat in books was supposed to be really pretty one of the more prettier ladies where as when Michelle sits with Lena headey it looks so odd the difference is very prominent.

No, not joking... It's just my opinion...I am aware of their popularity amongst viewers (especially on this forum)...But personally speaking, I don't care at all for Jerome Flynn and I am no longer a fan of Pedro Pascal...

I don't "hate their characters" one bit... In fact, I don't hate any of the characters on the show. I just don't care for either of the actors playing the two that I mentioned...I admit that they are talented actors, I just don't care for either of them as human beings...I have my reasons...

Luckily, Pedro is no longer on the show and Jerome doesn't get a lot of screentime so I can just fast-forward the little time he gets when I get around to watching it on playback... ♥

You speak like Pedro Pascal didn't want to sign your shirt LOL

All right, anyone can have their own opinion.

1. I'm going to say (and I truly believe this) that I'm probably the only one here enjoying Aidan's performance as Littlefinger.

I'm Spanish, so pretty much everyone has an accent for me, so his voice, which as I can see is probably a problem for native English speakers, doesn't really bother me at all.

2. And I still think his "Chaos is a ladder" speech is a TOP 10 scene of the show.

1. You're not. And English is my first language. I'm South African though so that might disqualify me as one of the people who should have a voice on the matter.

2. :bowdown: I love that speech! It's one of my favourite scenes on the show; it's right up there with "Dracarys!"

4 seasons later, which characters would you recast?

Real posibilities, please. Don't say Michael Fassbender for Dolorous Edd.

Talisa, seriously, Essos is huge, D&D couldn't cast her from Myr? It is one of those little things that scratches you in the back of the head until you need to see a doctor.

Also Carice van Houten as Cersei , Lena is a great actress, but Carice with blonde hair pulls the Lannister look way more, and looks a bit more like Nikolaj I think Lena's star power and her natural role as a strong woman is what pushed D&D to move away from Cersei's crazy, where Carice captures that natural crazy.

Jon has a lean build, with dark brown hair and grey eyes so dark they border on black. He is graceful and quick.

I'd recast Jon Snow, the only thing Kit and Jon Snow have in common is the pale skin. Ned and Jon are supposed to look similar, but are completely different on the show. I think Sean Bean as Ned is a bull's-eye really but not Jon Snow.

I mean what's up with the beard? I've always envisoned Jon Snow as someone similar to Prince Caspian of the Narnia movies.

I would recast the stable boy Arya kills in Season 1. I'd also recast Margaery and Renly, Sansa as well.

I definitely agree with Renly, and I can see why Margaery, but Sansa?! Why? That's one of the best casting decisions they've made.

And the Mountain.

:rofl:

I'd recast Jon Snow, the only thing Kit and Jon Snow have in common is the pale skin. Ned and Jon are supposed to look similar, but are completely different on the show. I think Sean Bean as Ned is a bull's-eye really but not Jon Snow.

I mean what's up with the beard? I've always envisoned Jon Snow as someone similar to Prince Caspian of the Narnia movies.

I always thought Ned's hair was not dark enough. Benjen and Jon have more similar hair color. But I would never recast Ned because of this, he is the perfect Ned Stark.

I always thought Ned's hair was not dark enough. Benjen and Jon have more similar hair color. But I would never recast Ned because of this, he is the perfect Ned Stark.

I think you misunderstood me ? I agree Sean Bean is the perfect Ned Stark as they're both very similar.

But as I said I'd recast Kit, in my opinion there are big differences between Tv and Book character. There are bunch of actors who could have done better than him. Also his artistic skills are far from satisfactory.

renly is the only character that bothered me enough where i would call for a recase

I see Gethin is getting hate.

Actually, I think he really fit into the role. The Baratheons in the show are not the same as in the books. Also, a Henry Cavill kind-of-actor playing Renly would feel really weird compared to Mark Addy and Stephen.

I see Gethin is getting hate.

Actually, I think he really fit into the role. The Baratheons in the show are not the same as in the books. Also, a Henry Cavill kind-of-actor playing Renly would feel really weird compared to Mark Addy and Stephen.

He fit the role of show!Renly. It's just that show!Renly is completely different from book!Renly.

Archived