Would you recast any character?

Ingelheim

Nope, just one inch, maybe two. Jon Snow is short in the books as well. Both Stannis and Tycho towered over him. In my Spanish version, it says Stannis was nearly 6 inches taller than Jon, but that's probably made up and a bad translation.

Kit is 5'7.5, while Jon is probably 5'8-5'9. Also, he's 17 at the end of ADWD. He still has 3-4 years to grow.

It's probably not. The Baratheon brothers are all supposed to be tall in the books; Robert was 6'6", Stannis is not quite that height but probably close, and Renly is a bit shorter but still tall. Here's an old thread about the heights of ASOAIF characters: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/46090-the-height-hierarchy/

And I don't think that boys grow that much after the age of 17, the growth spurts are all finished by that point.

It's probably not. The Baratheon brothers are all supposed to be tall in the books; Robert was 6'6", Stannis is not quite that height but probably close, and Renly is a bit shorter but still tall. Here's an old thread about the heights of ASOAIF characters: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/46090-the-height-hierarchy/

And I don't think that boys grow that much after the age of 17, the growth spurts are all finished by that point.

You replied me before I edited my post, but yes, mostly I agree with you

I actually believe Stannis to be around 6'2-6'3. Really tall, but not the giant his brother was.

And yes, Jon shouldn't grow more than 1 inch the next 3-4 years, but he is still growing.

I think this is a pretty decent list. It goes back to what I was saying. Kit Harington is close to the right height. Carice van Houten is the one that is much too short.

They really should be using forced perspective to make her seem much taller than she is.

I think this is a pretty decent list. It goes back to what I was saying. Kit Harington is close to the right height. Carice van Houten is the one that is much too short.

They really should be using forced perspective to make her seem much taller than she is.

That list is good sometimes, but it still has some crazy mistakes.

Examples?

For example, Robb being 5'11 and Jon Snow being 5'9. We know Robb was shorter than Jon in AGOT. I don't think he grew up 3-4 inches in one year.

Also, Stannis isn't 6'5. That's nearly Robert's peak. He must be around 6'2-6'3.

But well, that list is from 2004.

For example, Robb being 5'11 and Jon Snow being 5'9. We know Robb was shorter than Jon in AGOT. I don't think he grew up 3-4 inches in one year.

Although, Stannis isn't 6'5. That's nearly Robert's peak. He must be around 6'2-6'3.

But well, that list is from 2004.

I do not have much of a memory about the difference in height between Robb and Jon but the list still has Robert (6'6") being taller than Stannis (6'5").

I do not have much of a memory about the difference in height between Robb and Jon but the list still has Robert (6'6") being taller than Stannis (6'5").

I can assure you: Jon was taller than Robb, and Robb was stronger and more built than Snow.

But Robert being 6'6 is something that happened when he was 20. Now, 17 years later, he's shorter than that. Much shorter.

Although Robert's been living a bad life, Stannis hasn't been living a healthy one also. There are several times where we read that Stannis looked older than he is. Also, I can't buy that Stannis is taller than Renly.

Stannis is probably 1,90m (a weak 6'3). A really tall guy. But not a giant.

The rest of that list is probably right, but just because we know nearly nothing about heights. Jaime is listed as 6'3, but he could be 6'2 or 6'4 and no one would know. The same with every other character except Gregor, Robert, etc.

But it's really pointless. Kit is 5'7.5; with lifts, he can look nearly 5'9, and with weird camera angles, even taller. Hell, Tom Cruise is 5'7. Robert Downey Junior is 5'8. JGL is 5'9. And that's just naming a few. Male actors can look as tall as they want. It's the magic of the camera.

With Carice, it's more difficult. But Dillane is a weak 6'0, quite a few inches shorter than he should be. With heels, Carice could look nearly as tall as him.

I don't think so. Melisandre's height (unlike, say, the Mountain's or Brienne's height) makes absolutely no difference and has no relevance to the story whatsoever. Same goes for Jon's height.

I can assure you: Jon was taller than Robb, and Robb was stronger and more built than Snow.

But Robert being 6'6 is something that happened when he was 20. Now, 17 years later, he's shorter than that. Much shorter.

14 years later, but never mind.

People aren't shorter at 34 or 37 than when they were 20. They sure as hell aren't "much shorter".

You make it seem like Robert was 70 when he died.

I don't think so. Melisandre's height (unlike, say, the Mountain's or Brienne's height) makes absolutely no difference and has no relevance to the story whatsoever. Same goes for Jon's height.

14 years later, but never mind.

People aren't shorter at 34 or 37 than when they were 20. They sure as hell aren't "much shorter".

You make it seem like Robert was 70 when he died.

People in general? No. But Robert was.

From a scientific point of view, I doubt it's even possible for a 6'6 guy to be...what? 5'11? 5'10? in AGOT, just 15 years later. But Robert was.

People in general? No. But Robert was.

From a scientific point of view, I doubt it's even possible for a 6'6 guy to be...what? 5'11? 5'10? in AGOT, just 15 years later. But Robert was.

No, he wasn't.

You seem to be confusing the show with the books.

No, he wasn't.

You seem to be confusing the show with the books.

My bad, you are actually right. One of the bad things of having a translated version of the books....that sometimes, that translation is quite bad.

Two words: BLOOD-RAVEN. I mean seriously? Did they really have to make him look like an ordinary old Merlyn instead of someone more noble and grim? I probably would've liked someone more similar to the guy playing Balon for this role.

Also, speaking of Greyjoys, Yara... I like the actress, but she's not the sexy black haired female pirate I used to piture.

Eva Green would've been perfect.

Asha is not supposed to be a sexy black haired .pirate.

Actually, she is a sexy black haired pirate.

I wouldn't suggest Eva Green, since she may be too pretty to be Asha, but any actress playing Asha must be attractive.

Actually, she is a sexy black haired pirate.

I wouldn't suggest Eva Green, since she may be too pretty to be Asha, but any actress playing Asha must be attractive.

lean and long-legged, with black hair cut short, windchafed skin, strong sure hands, a dirk at her belt. Her nose was too big and too sharp for her thin face, but her smile made up for it.

That's not really screaming sexy black haired pirate.

That's not really screaming sexy black haired pirate.

I guess I'm just a leg guy. Any girl with long legs is sexy to me.

But now serious, Asha is black haired, strong, independent and quite fit. That's the definition of sexy pirate for me. She isn't Eva Green, but she is supposed to be attractive, as many members of her family are.

Archived