Would you recast any character?

Ingelheim

That's not really screaming sexy black haired pirate.

Actually, yes, Asha is a sexy black-haired pirate. That description is from Theon, who found her super sexy. Tristifor Botley, Qarl the Maid and Justin Massey also find her super sexy, and she thinks that half of her men see her as a daughter and half of them want to fuck her. Many readers also find her super sexy.

Yes, Asha is supposed to be very sexy. What she is not supposed to be is conventionally pretty/beautiful.

Sexy =/= beautiful/pretty

Well it sure doesn't scream Eva Green, as was suggested.

I agree with that.

Still, they really aren't getting book!Asha's personality or sex appeal across on screen. I don't know if Gemma Whelan could pull off some of Asha's sexual charisma from the books if she tried, but it seems like they don't even want her to try - they're making Yara very dour, with none of Asha's provocative playfulness, sassiness or sense of humour, in her behavior, dialogue and appearance. Which I don't get as an adaptation choice.

I agree with that.

Still, they really aren't getting book!Asha's personality or sex appeal across on screen. I don't know if Gemma Whelan could pull off some of Asha's sexual charisma from the books if she tried, but it seems like they don't even want her to try - they're making Yara very dour, with none of Asha's provocative playfulness, sassiness or sense of humour, in her behavior, dialogue and appearance. Which I don't get as an adaptation choice.

I agree with that. I don't think I've ever seen Gemma Whalen in anything else, so I can't tell if it is her acting or the way they've written her. I hope when she is given more screen time she will improve a bit.

I agree with that.

I agree with that. I don't think I've ever seen Gemma Whalen in anything else, so I can't tell if it is her acting or the way they've written her. I hope when she is given more screen time she will improve a bit.

That's the main problem with her character. Even if they were able to find an actress who fits Asha's description, the script would still be the problem.

Is Jon supposed to be tall, because I have been told I look like Jon Snow from the books and I am 6'4. Maybe I should get on to the show lads, I'm gonna be a star.

Nope. Jon is supposed to be between quite short to average. Around 5'8-5'9.

Kit Harington is 5'7.5, not 5'6. Considering the rest of the Wall cast is short as well, he doesn't look that short on screen. Also, with lifts and camera angles, he can be as tall as the showrunners want.

At the end, Tom Cruise is still a weak 5'8. And able to look 6'0 whenever he wants it.

The only casting I've ever really had a problem with is Daario. In my opinion, even though he didn't match the description in the book, the first actor was the best. He had that cock rockstar attitude Daario is supposed to have. When he said "I only do what I want to do." I believed that shit.

And he was pretty damn sexy so that helped too.

Asha - she is not sexy as I Imagine

Cercei - she is a beautifull woman IRL , but blonde hair is not the best choice for her.

Melisandre- same as Asha.

Jorah Mormont - His pretty hansome for the role

The rest of the crew are good in my opinion

Only the looks? Come on, there's surely someone whose acting you dislike, don't be shy :devil: .

The only casting I've ever really had a problem with is Daario. In my opinion, even though he didn't match the description in the book, the first actor was the best. He had that cock rockstar attitude Daario is supposed to have. When he said "I only do what I want to do." I believed that shit.

And he was pretty damn sexy so that helped too.

I agree the first guy more perfectly fit the book character, but I'm actually glad they recast him, because I think it wouldn't have worked well in Dany's story.

He was a little TOO obviously a slick, cocky womanizer. That works in the books when you have Dany's internal monologue to help understand her motivations. Without that, on the show, Dany getting in bed with him would I think have made her look gullible or shallow for taking up with him. Hence I believe the more playful, rogueish actor is a better fit for the series, providing a less cocky but more charming attitude that makes Dany's interest more understandable.

I agree the first guy more perfectly fit the book character, but I'm actually glad they recast him, because I think it wouldn't have worked well in Dany's story.

He was a little TOO obviously a slick, cocky womanizer. That works in the books when you have Dany's internal monologue to help understand her motivations. Without that, on the show, Dany getting in bed with him would I think have made her look gullible or shallow for taking up with him. Hence I believe the more playful, rogueish actor is a better fit for the series, providing a less cocky but more charming attitude that makes Dany's interest more understandable.

I think Michiel Huisman is ten times better than Ed Skrein, both as an actor and as Daario.

Archived