Would you recast any character?

Ingelheim

I loved Mark Addy on the show, but this guy who plays King Aelle on Vikings would have been a better match, physically. although he doesn't have blue eyes....but then again neither do Stannis or Renly so :dunno:

http://img.poptower.com/pic-114207/ivan-kaye.jpg?d=600

The guy who plays King Aelle doesn't have a fraction of the acting chops Addy has.

Initially, I didn't like their casting of Mance. I've gotten used to him in the TV series now, but he's still very unlike the way I envision him from the books.

Ditto whoever said they liked the old Daario better.

And, personally, I didn't like the Season 4 casting of The Mountain - just too exaggerated. I thought the Season 1 casting of him was perfect.

Read what i said Jack. Stop coming onto these threads to either correct or antagonise people with baseless arguments.

but.... the show... it's the best thing ever. it's greater than life itself and nothing comes close. nothing has ever come close... there's no way the producers have made any mistakes since the very beginning. i can't be... :frown5: BEST THING EVER I TELL YOU. BLASPHEMY! :bang: :bang:

joke aside... i agree with igrewupinKL.

but.... the show... it's the best thing ever. it's greater than life itself and nothing comes close. nothing has ever come close... there's no way the producers have made any mistakes since the very beginning. i can't be... :frown5: BEST THING EVER I TELL YOU. BLASPHEMY! :bang: :bang:

joke aside... i agree with igrewupinKL.

hahaha cheers :cheers:

Viva Bianca is the same age right now as Cersei in the beginning of AGOT.

Yes, exactly. She was in her late 20s when the show started, and is just about 3 older than the actors playing teenagers (Clarke, Harington, Madden...). And since everyone on the show has been aged up, Cersei, on the show, is supposed to be 40 in season 4. It would be very hard to imagine Bianca as Gleeson's mother, there's just 9 years between them.

So I finally looked up Jennifer Ehle, and I can at last concur she is a better physical match. However, I still think Michelle is a pretty good physical fit, if for an older Catelyn than we get in the books. And of course, she does a brilliant job in her portrayal of Cat, and off screen seems to have a thorough understanding of the character too. I've not seen (that I am aware of) Jennifer Ehle in anything before, so I can't speak to her acting abilities. Google images has her in quite a lot of fancy dresses though, so am I correct in assuming she has played the part of a Lady before?

If we are going to mention looks, I have a problem with Lysa's depiction, as she looks younger and slimmer than Cat. Both are equally attractive. I love her acting in the Show though, so wouldn't actually recast her, but I thought I would mention it while we are on the topic.

Well, YMMV on that. Show!Lysa is skinny, not slim in the good sense of the word, and I definitely think Fairley is far more attractive.

As much as I like Iwan Rheon, I'd cast someone more menacing for Ramsay. I think the show itself is making Ramsay a little too comical for my taste, and Iwan isn't really helping that. Maybe that will change this season, who knows?

I also would've had the first guy that played The Mountain reprise his role. He was perfect.

I noticed a lot commented on why Tyene is not blonde.

But when I saw the sand snakes intro video I guess why D&D did it.

Rosabella has the exact mannerisms of a wild naughty little sister even when she is not playing Tyene.

Also, if they dye her hair It would definetly not match. So...

Anyway lets wait and see how she is in the episodes.

Yeah , I was just joking around. That being said I never pictured Jon as short, just average height for a 14-16 year old kid. Kit is playing a 3 years older version of Jon and every male actor he has a scene with appears to just tower over him.

As a short guy, having a short lead is very good for my self-esteem hahahahhaha. Wish I was joking. :(

I kinda like Richard Armitage as Renly, appearance wise. He has a bit of a Baratheon look about him. Maybe he isn't muscular enough but he fits the role better than Gethin Anthony imo

I disagree. Armitage has a brooding, serious, mysterious look about him and is best playing such characters. Renly is not that kind of a guy at all, neither was young Robert. Henry Cavill would be a pretty good choice.

Archived