Would you recast any character?

Ingelheim

This is TV so the actor will probably have to look at least a little better than their book counterpart. The only roles that look worse on tv are Yara, Theon and Mance.

Renly and Joffrey also look worse, IMO. And Robert is obviously not 6'6" nor does he look like a guy who was really athletic and strong as a young man.

Renly and Joffrey also look worse, IMO. And Robert is obviously not 6'6" nor does he look like a guy who was really athletic and strong as a young man.

Well yeah, but I always thought reading the books that the book version of King Bob was fatter than the show's. I never thought Robert was THAT fat in the show.

That seems wrong about Robert. I have seen plenty of fit burly football players , in their youth, turn out fat slops only 10 years after retiring.

A lot of the minor roles were nothing like I had anticipated.

Bronze Yohn -- meh. He was supposed to be massive, intimidating, and commanding.

Edmure -- meh. Maybe it was the poor characterization they gave him but he came across as far more unlikeable than he's supposed to.

Definitely agree on the Sand Snakes as well. What's the point of taking the time to introduce multiple, diverse half-siblings only to streamline their looks and personalities?

I just watched 300 and the sequel for the first time (I know, super late, but whatever), and this guy could've been a perfect Jorah Mormont:

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/people_images/1375980061_Andrew-Pleavin.jpg

He even looks like a bear!

Also, I'll never get over how perfect Eva Green would've been as Melisandre

I just watched 300 and the sequel for the first time (I know, super late, but whatever), and this guy could've been a perfect Jorah Mormont:

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/people_images/1375980061_Andrew-Pleavin.jpg

Can't quite picture Eva Green as Mel. It might have worked though

Lol no.

Arya, Davos, Varys Jaime, Joffrey, Brienne and Littlefinger (despite his Irish Batman impression) are absolutely perfect to me. The casting for Locke, Tormund, Janos, Olenna and Luwin is also spot-on. Noah Taylor was freaking brilliant!

I can't think of another actor who could have played King Robert as angry/jolly/lusty/broody the same way Mark Addy did, but I always imagined King R as a younger and slightly better looking John Rhys-Davies. Maybe Richard Armitage with Rhys-Davies attitude.

Mance will always be a younger dark-haired Liam Neeson in my head but Ciaran is incredible and underused in the show.

Daario v2 is fine but needs more of the style and attitude of Daario v1.

I couldn't stand either Oona/Talisa or Shae/Sibell. The actress who played Roslin had a better look for Robb's love interest. Shae should have been younger and less proud/bitchy. Strange decision to make them both foreigners. The actresses could have switched parts with very little difference.

Emilia. Sorry, just terrible. She doesn't have the acting chops, and of all the wigs on the show, hers looks the worst. Pretty girl, but her acting makes me cringe.

All the rest fit in the middle somewhere for me. Very distinctive looks (Alfie, Robb, Sophie, Lena for example) are what makes it work. You never seen anyone walking down the street who looks that unique.

Two weird things, sometimes I see Peter Dinklage walking around the city. Easy to spot him from a distance. No, I'd never fanboy him when he's out with his family.

Also there's a guy in my local market who runs the produce section and girls are always taking selfies with him. He's a dead ringer for Kit.

Archived