Would you recast any character?

Ingelheim

Does height of an actor really concern people that much? I can't honestly say that when I watch anything, not just GOT, I sit and think, "Man, great actor but that character should be 5'6, not 5'4..."

Heh. I'm pretty sure it would only bother people if it's a big difference and height is an important feature of that character, Like, if Brienne were played by Kristen Bell, that wouldn't work. :D Unless you're watching something like The Hobbit, with camera tricks that make a 6'2"+ actor look two feet shorter than a 6' actor.

Heh. I'm pretty sure it would only bother people if it's a big difference and height is an important feature of that character, Like, if Brienne were played by Kristen Bell, that wouldn't work. :D Unless you're watching something like The Hobbit, with camera tricks that make a 6'2"+ actor look two feet shorter than a 6' actor.

Yeah, sure things like that I can understand, where height is a pretty key feature of said character (e.g. I would feel really weird if Tyrion was played by a 6ft man...). But when it comes to Sansa for example, or (a while back now) people saying characters like Robert were the wrong height and Robb's too tall etc. I don't really get it.

But yeah, where its an important feature I understand it.

(before anyone says its an important feature of Robert...not really. His important feature is that he is a man who has gone to seed and got fat. Height isn't especially important for that)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't understand the hate for Sophie Turner. She is supposed to be tall. Her acting is absolutely fantastic and fits the role perfectly in my opinion. Same goes to Maisie.

I would have wanted Jon Snow to be replaced earlier because of his below average acting in the first seasons. He stepped up in season 4 and there's no need to do it now.

Aidan Gillen is an amazing Littlefinger, but his voice is getting quite annoying. I don't know whose idea was it to change his voice like that, but too much is too much. Littlefinger in season 2 and 3 was top notch.

Emilia Clarke looks the part, but her acting has been quite horrendous in the last 2 seasons. She needs to improve.

Neither of the Daario's were good enough. The first mountain was the best mountain.

Recasting Tommen to be played by the same Lannister cousin who got killed by Rickard Karstark was a bad decision. You can't have a same actor playing 2 characters in a TV series like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rewatching season 1 at the moment (the first time I watched it I was unsullied) and Renly's casting bugs me so much. He is nothing like Renly in the books. (admittedly, writing is also to blame).

Why not Henry Cavill as Renly?

Now, he would be someone that I could imagine capable of amassing a large army, being loved by the common people, charming everyone around him, being light-hearted and confident, not wimpy and petulant.

Recasting Tommen to be played by the same Lannister cousin who got killed by Rickard Karstark was a bad decision. You can't have a same actor playing 2 characters in a TV series like this.

I actually didn't realize this. Now I can't stop seeing it.

Deadwood did that multiple times. And the ones in Deadwood weren't first cousins either.

Loras: with someone whose body looks like its been training all his life or at least has some muscles, and looks like could go toe to toe with Jaime/Brienne/Sandor/Gregor

Renly: with someone tall and strong who looks like would inspire loyalty.

Robert Baratheon: Mark Addy does look like a man who can't control his vices (booze, women) but he does not look like someone who was a soldier, let alone the strongest man in Westeros at one point.

Daenerys: was great in season 1, but has become increasingly annoying, the way she talks and looks... she does not look like a Queen.

Brienne: was perfect at first, but now she's making jokes and being all confident in season 4, that's not Brienne.

Jon Snow: He's been great for the most part, I wish somebody would tell him when he is doing a especially stupid face.

Everybody else is just perfect I must admit. They didn't make that many mistakes.

Archived